Unifinish

Members online

Well said! I have used it on a gloss painted ceiling and was ok, but would not use on a surface that was unsure about without pva, so is no use to anyone!
Even Vincey wont use it at rrp!!
The gear is smooth, creamy, clean, nice to trowel on and trowel up, tbh I've always posted best price and where from , I gave up worrying about £15 £25 extra on a room materials a long time ago, this year definitely people ain't bothered, all my prices have gone up on jobs labour and materials and I'm busier than ever been.

In grained in us all to get everything as cheap as possible being self employed but I'd rather use quality plaster now and price accordingly rather than be dragged down to the gutter with the £80 a day have ago job site bidders.

Quality material, Smooth fresh clean gear is always what's over looked on these threads even if it does have to be treated.

Nip on the render dudes page they always want good materials, good sand , good mono, stuff that feels clean and nice to work with , what them guys charge ? Good money, there materials costs are high and there labour too, why the hecklers are internal always on a race down while external on race up.

The gear is smooth, creamy, clean, nice to trowel on and trowel up,

but I'd rather use quality plaster now and price accordingly

Quality material, Smooth fresh clean gear..stuff that feels clean and nice to work with ,

So is the gear clean,Smooth n fresh then vince? What you saying:rolleyes:

I get mine from sig they do cheapest price around here on a pallet (29 bags)£8.50 each, they don't stock but get it in on next delivery, travis Perkins have had a few pallets in over last 3 months round here too, they do it £10 ish a bag, I didn't order it and they keep going so some other mucker is using it, on my turf too , cheeky git !
I've had 3 or 4 bags from your neck of the woods

I don't know what's gone on between you and BG in the past. Obviously something has happened. But I wouldn't take the fact that Wickes don't stock a product as confirmation it's failed and is doomed. Do me a favour. Try it again. Let it stand for ten or fifteen minutes after mixing. Second coat with board finish. Then come back and tell me you've a problem with it. I don't think you will.

To add, my association with bg and only contact with bg is when I buy their products at places such as wickes, I have never complained about multi or board, in fact always defended it.

I'll say again my issue is with false claims made about it and the mis information, it was once claimed by a certain member that without uni the only option is to overboard artex ceilings.

The gear is smooth, creamy, clean, nice to trowel on and trowel up, tbh I've always posted best price and where from , I gave up worrying about £15 £25 extra on a room materials a long time ago, this year definitely people ain't bothered, all my prices have gone up on jobs labour and materials and I'm busier than ever been.

In grained in us all to get everything as cheap as possible being self employed but I'd rather use quality plaster now and price accordingly rather than be dragged down to the gutter with the £80 a day have ago job site bidders.

Quality material, Smooth fresh clean gear is always what's over looked on these threads even if it does have to be treated.

Nip on the render dudes page they always want good materials, good sand , good mono, stuff that feels clean and nice to work with , what them guys charge ? Good money, there materials costs are high and there labour too, why the hecklers are internal always on a race down while external on race up.
Vince give yourself a shake mate, that extra money is better in your pocket. It's only £25 but you count that up over the years and it's some amount. Please, please stop trying to get our trade to spend more money on materials, a lot are struggling as it is without you trying your hardest to make the big money men richer

Vince give yourself a shake mate, that extra money is better in your pocket. It's only £25 but you count that up over the years and it's some amount. Please, please stop trying to get our trade to spend more money on materials, a lot are struggling as it is without you trying your hardest to make the big money men richer
But wouldn't you rather give your customers a fresher, cleaner and smoother plaster rather than the opposite? Not sure which plasters he is saying are not as clean and fresh but I'm sure he will fill us all in when he posts up the proof. Going off his last few claims and lies I recon he either won't answer like he has done recently, claim he is being bullied, pretend he is doing something different but be online, make it personal, throw a tantrum or his favourite make out its nothing to do with him and he never said it and want to move on. :)

I look forward to you explaining why it's fresher,cleaner and smoother.
Anyone who mixes a bag up can see it is
Don't sit back making up any more stories, stop advising people to skim over tiles with this gear without using a pre grit.
Don't recall I did tbh but having said that , again it's like a lot of discussions on here if someone has tried something that's not in your white book at the side of you and it works suppose then it's upto each spread to decide what is best, happens on here everyday.
Stu we've had this on loads on occasions, a few points you always over look
1.people always quote B&Q price and I must of posted £8.50 about 5 times on here, why does no one try to match that at there merchants I don't know.
2. To me you always presume I cost it up for every job when I've said before it's used more when I'm in and out on more of my smaller works,I even posted up that ceiling I did to you near enough live time , 2hours 45 minutes, you know what you'd get for doing that

Don't recall I did tbh but having said that , again it's like a lot of discussions on here if someone has tried something that's not in your white book at the side of you and it works suppose then it's upto each spread to decide what is best, happens on here everyday.

1.people always quote B&Q price and I must of posted £8.50 about 5 times on here, why does no one try to match that at there merchants I don't know.
2. To me you always presume I cost it up for every job when I've said before it's used more when I'm in and out on more of my smaller works,I even posted up that ceiling I did to you near enough live time , 2hours 45 minutes, you know what you'd get for doing that
So can you skim over tiles with uni? You have said you can before, so instead of doing what I said you would do and that's not remember saying it, answer it.

Fair enough mate but your making it a personal mission to get plasterers spending more on gear when a lot are hard pushed as it is.

As always even at a conservative guess if it only costs £10 more a day using uni, that's £50 a week, over 48 weeks that's £2400 more in profit for me rather than bg but I guess that's just me hating on bg isn't that right @Jurek

Fair enough mate but your making it a personal mission to get plasterers spending more on gear when a lot are hard pushed as it is.
It's only an option on a job we can all decide which is most cost effective for us mate, I not trying to convince everyone spend more to use only unifinish but would on the right job there so many scenarios of a job we wouldn't be able to list them all

So can you skim over tiles with uni? You have said you can before, so instead of doing what I said you would do and that's not remember saying it, answer it.
Honestly think all unifinish threads should be clumped together and have its own section on here you always try to pull me on things I'm supposed to of said but anyways me personally would advise to take tiles off mate.

As always even at a conservative guess if it only costs £10 more a day using uni, that's £50 a week, over 48 weeks that's £2400 more in profit for me rather than bg but I guess that's just me hating on bg isn't that right @Jurek
On a standard room what's wrong with skimming over painted ceiling with unifinish then rolling your pva if you want on the walls while it's being smoothed out?
Stupid calculations tbh , I honestly thinking you don't do any plastering in the real world mate.

Honestly think all unifinish threads should be clumped together and have its own section on here you always try to pull me on things I'm supposed to of said but anyways me personally would advise to take tiles off mate.
Answer the questions you knobhead and like I said stop playing the bully card and trying to move it on, your so predictable. You did say you can skim tiles with it so we will leave it at that now where is this proof you promised ie it's fresher, cleaner and smoother?

Funny when you say your paying £8.50 you never mention what you pay for multie?

I never pull you on what you have supposed to have said I pull you on what you have said, I couldn't be arsed putting all your lies and bullshit into one thread just stop telling lies and people won't pull you on it.

I can't be the only one but I honestly think vincey does more bad than good for new products, anything I see you praising I automatically think it's bound to be pure shite if you're talking it up.

How clean can plaster be? that's like saying my dogs s**t is cleaner than your dogs s**t, it's all shite at the end of the day.

Answer the questions you knobhead and like I said stop playing the bully card and trying to move it on, your so predictable. You did say you can skim tiles with it so we will leave it at that now where is this proof you promised ie it's fresher, cleaner and smoother?
Me personally if push came to shuv I would skim over tiles on my own jobs if Bg say otherwise that's upto them , I do what I think is right, we all make our own minds up, someone who might want to skim over tiles I'd presume they would do a little test first if unsure on a section,
I not got the uni guidelines in front of me as am at work now but sure it says uni will stick to any surface as well as any pre treatment will make

Me personally if push came to shuv I would skim over tiles on my own jobs if Bg say otherwise that's upto them , I do what I think is right, we all make our own minds up, someone who might want to skim over tiles I'd presume they would do a little test first if unsure on a section,
I not got the uni guidelines in front of me as am at work now but sure it says uni will stick to any surface as well as any pre treatment will make
Presume? Lol you make claims then when your asked about them you change your tune lol you haven't got the guide hahahahahahaha when you get it can you answer the question without saying "but sure" and "I presume" Coz your making yourself look stupid as usual. I will tell you now you can't without a pre grit.