Unifinish

Members online

I can't be the only one but I honestly think vincey does more bad than good for new products, anything I see you praising I automatically think it's bound to be pure shite if you're talking it up.

How clean can plaster be? that's like saying my dogs s**t is cleaner than your dogs s**t, it's all shite at the end of the day.
Your right mate he said to me the other week or accused me of being a liability, the shitbag wouldnt say to who. I will say now @Vincey you are a liability and your a liability to any one you take the role of promoter for, because you have not got a clue what you are talking about and don't have the slightest clue about plaster and how it works. You also make false claims about products which will contribute to failures ie skimming tiles without a primer and all the other bullshit you have come out with regarding uni finish.

As always even at a conservative guess if it only costs £10 more a day using uni, that's £50 a week, over 48 weeks that's £2400 more in profit for me rather than bg but I guess that's just me hating on bg isn't that right @Jurek
You seem to be running with the extra cost factor. If I got it for £8.50 a bag like Vincey, I'd happily pay that. But not the £12.50 a bag B and Q are charging. And they are the only place selling it in my area. It saves time in certain scenarios. I went over a painted Artex ceiling this morning and had to use board salted with bonding as I'd used my last unifinish yesterday. It hung for ages. Unifinish would have taken an hour off that job. And your earlier comment about only boarding over Artex is laughable.

I've gone over tiles with it last week on Fatarms recommendation and the plaster is still on. It would stick to a blanket. You're being way too cautious. BG would say you can't do it because they want you to buy their overpriced Bondit.

I have stuck a 15 kg mirror straight onto tiles that i skimmed with uni in my own house,,, no bother.
As said you try something if you know it works then go for it,,
Its all about trial and error,,,,,we certainly dont follow bg advice on materials all the time when you have been in the game a long time.
20170304_162947.jpg

I have stuck a 15 kg mirror straight onto tiles that i skimmed with uni in my own house,,, no bother.
Its all about trial and error,,,,,we certainly dont follow bg advice on materials all the time when you have been in the game a long time.
View attachment 16541
I've been in it a long time I wouldn't consider skimming tiles full stop.

I've gone over tiles with it last week on Fatarms recommendation and the plaster is still on. It would stick to a blanket. You're being way too cautious. BG would say you can't do it because they want you to buy their overpriced Bondit.
If they want you to buy the bond it why bring out uni? Let's not add to all @Vincey bullshit and silly comparisons.

You seem to be running with the extra cost factor. If I got it for £8.50 a bag like Vincey, I'd happily pay that. But not the £12.50 a bag B and Q are charging. And they are the only place selling it in my area. It saves time in certain scenarios. I went over a painted Artex ceiling this morning and had to use board salted with bonding as I'd used my last unifinish yesterday. It hung for ages. Unifinish would have taken an hour off that job. And your earlier comment about only boarding over Artex is laughable.

Vincey said it, ask him

On a standard room what's wrong with skimming over painted ceiling with unifinish then rolling your pva if you want on the walls while it's being smoothed out?
Stupid calculations tbh , I honestly thinking you don't do any plastering in the real world mate.

Stupid calculations, I was being conservative, it's fact my friend something you no very little about

No wrong again, I'm going with on artex it takes too long to go off and on Matt painted walls it goes off stupidly quick, so no benefit to me anywhere.
Then the cost comes into it, I run a business and profit is key to running it as is time.

Your right mate he said to me the other week or accused me of being a liability, the shitbag wouldnt say to who. I will say now @Vincey you are a liability and your a liability to any one you take the role of promoter for, because you have not got a clue what you are talking about and don't have the slightest clue about plaster and how it works. You also make false claims about products which will contribute to failures ie skimming tiles without a primer and all the other bullshit you have come out with regarding uni finish.
Blar blar , yep thought I was right ,
IMG_3415.jpg

Like I said I'll make up my own mind
Thanks

No wrong again, I'm going with on artex it takes too long to go off and on Matt painted walls it goes off stupidly quick, so no benefit to me anywhere.
Then the cost comes into it, I run a business and profit is key to running it as is time.
Funny that I posted live time photos of a Artex overskim ceiling I did few weeks ago 2 coats unifinish took me 2 hours 45 minutes from walking in the house to cleared up finished driving away in my van.
Not all Artex overskims are the same some have lasted 3hours to 3.5hrs but tbh that would be same with multi (except I wouldn't have the prep and wait time involved)
We all know on different paints pva can take between 20mins - 2 hours to dry depending on room environment

Stupidly quick mate even over dry bone surface shortest ever I had was 49 minutes ( it was finished to a good standard) , matt paint it might dry slightly faster than a "normal" gauge set time ( 2 hours ish ) but all I seem to see lately is plasterers calling for thistle multi 60 , make your mind up

View attachment 16541
@Donzo - I've got a monster mirror to stick at mine...what did you use and how did you hold it in place until the adhesive set? Cheers mate

Stupidly quick mate even over dry bone surface shortest ever I had was 49 minutes ( it was finished to a good standard) , matt paint it might dry slightly faster than a "normal" gauge set time ( 2 hours ish ) but all I seem to see lately is plasterers calling for thistle multi 60 , make your mind up

Liked

It's willful blindness, Vincey. Some people see the facts and the truth but others don't. They choose not to because it contradicts their view of the world. The Catholic Church and child abuse, Jimmy Savile, the Holocaust, cigarettes and cancer etc. I think it's more of a personality clash and jealousy. You could tell them the sky was blue and they'd argue the toss.

You're a dick, the reason most merchants do not stock it is because Plasterer's do not want it nor do we need it, wickes owned by travis's know there customer base hence they don't stock it.

So get over it, 99% of plasterers don't like/want it.

When have I ever called for multi 60 ? Never lol

@Donzo - I've got a monster mirror to stick at mine...what did you use and how did you hold it in place until the adhesive set? Cheers mate
Geocell out of screw fix,,,mirror adhesive.
I put timber underneath it to support it as wall was tiled pins bend.you aint got long to position it.left it supported overnight.

You're a dick, the reason most merchants do not stock it is because Plasterer's do not want it nor do we need it, wickes owned by travis's know there customer base hence they don't stock it.

So get over it, 99% of plasterers don't like/want it.

When have I ever called for multi 60 ? Never lol
My last reply to you tbh I've covered near enough anything you and Flynny have ever tried to call me out on, there are people that don't want to use it fine but lets not forget the ones that where as adimant as you that it was tosh , some on here and I seen one inperticular post up last week on Bg own scheme group (closed group for scheme members) well he had a nightmare first time round and said same as you all this 90% crap, fine, then he had some tips and a visit from a demonstrator they pointed him in right direction in terms of how best to use it and guess what ? He loved it , gods honest truth he spoke of was the fact he didn't think he'd use it all the time due to price but in terms of materials quality he said it's spot on,
So in terms of your uneducated guess of why merchants do or don't stock it means nothing, None of the premium products are stocked that includes , uni, pure, dura,magnetic, habito even bonding 60

My last reply to you tbh I've covered near enough anything you and Flynny have ever tried to call me out on, there are people that don't want to use it fine but not forget the ones that where as adimant as you that it was tosh , some on here and I seen one inperticular post up last week on Bg own scheme group (closed group for scheme members) well he had a nightmare first time round and said same as you all this 90% crap, fine, then he had some tips and a visit from a demonstrator they pointed him in right direction in terms of how best to use it and guess what ? He loved it , gods honest truth he spoke of was the fact he didn't think he'd use it all the time due to price but in terms of materials quality he said it's spot on,
So in terms of your uneducated guess of why merchants do or don't stock it means nothing, None of the premium products are stocked that includes , uni, pure, magnetic, habito even bonding 60
You've covered nothing you little snake and like I said earlier you have done nearly all the things I pointed out and finally running away without answering what you said you were going to ie my post above.

Closed group for scheme members pmsl, is that so you don't get laughed at and so it can't be criticised and challenged for its faults, what a bunch of c@@@@

Can we get over the uni finish now we end up going round in circles if you hate it fair play we have had every reason why if you love it ok we know the reasons why but we always get into a slanging match every time this thread pops up

IMG_4289.PNG
I'm more interested to know if anyone has tried this? Will I need a demo or will I just get the hang of it after a while? Is a week long enough or will I need two?

Can we get over the uni finish now we end up going round in circles if you hate it fair play we have had every reason why if you love it ok we know the reasons why but we always get into a slanging match every time this thread pops up
Nobody gives a flying f**k about uni apart from that prick, who keeps bringing it up with constant lies to it, so he keeps getting questioned on his lies but runs away.

Nobody gives a flying f**k about uni apart from that prick, who keeps bringing it up with constant lies to it, so he keeps getting questioned on his lies but runs away.
Hahah slow down flynnyman you have a heart attack the point has been made many a time now it just gets tedious mate even you know that I'm more shocked that I get an agree off you on some of my posts these days as you agree with no one lol just let it go both have your view points and it never gets resolved so let's move on

Hahah slow down flynnyman you have a heart attack the point has been made many a time now it just gets tedious mate even you know that I'm more shocked that I get an agree off you on some of my posts these days as you agree with no one lol just let it go both have your view points and it never gets resolved so let's move on
The problem is this is a forum where plasterers come on for advise on new products and to talk plastering, if they are told a pack of lies about products and tools what's the point? Do you think it's right that sponsors can come on and make up anything they want to make about their products and anyone who questions it needs to shut up and accept it as fact?

The problem is this is a forum where plasterers come on for advise on new products and to talk plastering, if they are told a pack of lies about products and tools what's the point? Do you think it's right that sponsors can come on and make up anything they want to make about their products and anyone who questions it needs to shut up and accept it as fact?
I can agree to a point that when someone has a problem like @hstoke ceiling and takes ages to get a result and if I'm honest and in case I missed it we never did get a result,that side of it I can understand and isn't very good these big companies have things tied up and all small print that takes blame away from them the trouble is it doesn't look good for the bloke using the stuff and it fails does it, I was on a job 9 years ago and every spread was getting flash setting on the multi a rep came out and stood there and said your whisk is to dirty your trowel has a build up the water is different down here blokes who had been plastering 30 years couldn't believe it and he then stated to 2nd coat with same gear pretty hard when you got a 20m wall so yes I get your points about being lied to and not getting straight answers and truth is I don't think they would ever admit fault would they so pissing in wind in that respect

I can agree to a point that when someone has a problem like @hstoke ceiling and takes ages to get a result and if I'm honest and in case I missed it we never did get a result,that side of it I can understand and isn't very good these big companies have things tied up and all small print that takes blame away from them the trouble is it doesn't look good for the bloke using the stuff and it fails does it, I was on a job 9 years ago and every spread was getting flash setting on the multi a rep came out and stood there and said your whisk is to dirty your trowel has a build up the water is different down here blokes who had been plastering 30 years couldn't believe it and he then stated to 2nd coat with same gear pretty hard when you got a 20m wall so yes I get your points about being lied to and not getting straight answers and truth is I don't think they would ever admit fault would they so pissing in wind in that respect
This has nothing to do with BG this has to do with people coming on the forum telling blatant lies about a product or in some cases making stuff up. @Vincey has called and made claims against members who have questioned certain tools and products he has an interest in, so that's what's wrong with the forum: it's getting to the point where members won't want to say anything. He has been pulled on about ten claims he has made just on uni which are a load of b*ll***s but he's carrying on and it ends up like this thread has and his lies are forgotten till he tells them again.

Apparently resolved, from what I gather bg were not at fault