Tapit tape

Tinytom

Here we go, a review on @tapit super bead tape.

I dropped onto a bathroom reskim job this afternoon to prep up ready for Monday, a scrape down and couple of coats of pva later I’m ready to get my beads set on ready for Monday morning.
This is an overskim and the bathroom all ready has the old beads in place from when it was first built.
I didn’t have any skim mixed up as I only went there to prep, and there’s no way I’m getting a mix on just to bed beads
I usually staple or clout nail but because of the existing beads and tile adhesive getting a fixing can be a hassle, the staples bounce off and the nails tend to bend and distort the old beads before they punch through
This is where the tape was handy, iv not used it before and my first thoughts as I pulled a piece from the roll was that it doesn’t feel very sticky and it feels mega thin compared to gaffa tape
By now the pva was touch dry so I banged a piece of tape in the middle of my first bead (around 1.1m long) and it sticks really really well, it’s actually way stickier than it feels.
3A3B9918-D191-4873-A470-D82E38A759D0.jpeg

Sorry for the bad pic but you get the idea, the 1 piece of tape in the middle holds the bead nice and tight I’m more than happy to skim with just this 1 piece holding it.
Onto the window, cut my top and bottom beads first taped into place, no worries about sag or moving it if the side pieces touch it, sides on all taped then it took about a minute to trim the bead off the arris.
FAD9F4B2-A95D-4AB8-9EF3-26C6851CB154.jpeg

It was really handy and to be honest I would buy a roll provided it’s not stupidly priced and use it on occasions like this, because it’s really sticky too you don’t have to use a lot so 1 roll would last you ages.
Onto boards I think I’d still staple, that’s definetly quicker
For over skims i would use the tape over bedding on with skim unless I need to, to pack out to level.
A7C98913-9669-4C87-9114-9F452F8ECC79.jpeg

Thanks for the tape @tapit I’ll keep using it over my next few reskim jobs and we’ll see how it performs.

I dropped onto a bathroom reskim job this afternoon to prep up ready for Monday, a scrape down and couple of coats of pva later I’m ready to get my beads set on ready for Monday morning.
This is an overskim and the bathroom all ready has the old beads in place from when it was first built.
I didn’t have any skim mixed up as I only went there to prep, and there’s no way I’m getting a mix on just to bed beads
I usually staple or clout nail but because of the existing beads and tile adhesive getting a fixing can be a hassle, the staples bounce off and the nails tend to bend and distort the old beads before they punch through
This is where the tape was handy, iv not used it before and my first thoughts as I pulled a piece from the roll was that it doesn’t feel very sticky and it feels mega thin compared to gaffa tape
By now the pva was touch dry so I banged a piece of tape in the middle of my first bead (around 1.1m long) and it sticks really really well, it’s actually way stickier than it feels. View attachment 39260
Sorry for the bad pic but you get the idea, the 1 piece of tape in the middle holds the bead nice and tight I’m more than happy to skim with just this 1 piece holding it.
Onto the window, cut my top and bottom beads first taped into place, no worries about sag or moving it if the side pieces touch it, sides on all taped then it took about a minute to trim the bead off the arris.
View attachment 39261

It was really handy and to be honest I would buy a roll provided it’s not stupidly priced and use it on occasions like this, because it’s really sticky too you don’t have to use a lot so 1 roll would last you ages.
For over skims i would use the tape over bedding on with skim unless I need to, to pack out to level. View attachment 39262
Thanks for the tape @tapit I’ll keep using it over my next few reskim jobs and we’ll see how it performs.
For real you'd just use that one peice in the middle? Thought you'd at least secure the ends.

I'm guessing it's a flatten ahead of retiling.
Yes mate it’s being tiled floor to ceiling but the tiler won’t go over that
And yes the single piece of tape held the bead back tight enough that it doesn’t need any at the top and bottom. I was expecting to have to stick both ends but the single in the middle grabbed it

Yes mate it’s being tiled floor to ceiling but the tiler won’t go over that
And yes the single piece of tape held the bead back tight enough that it doesn’t need any at the top and bottom. I was expecting to have to stick both ends but the single in the middle grabbed it
Who'd have thunk it.

Tell me - if that wasn't being tiled over, would you still tackle it in the same way - if you had to guarantee a perfect finish?

wow, love it.
i would use three pieces per bead but its your tape and your job.
cheers little John. :birras:

By now the pva was touch dry so I banged a piece of tape in the middle of my first bead (around 1.1m long) and it sticks really really well, it’s actually way stickier than it feels. View attachment 39260
View attachment 39261

For over skims i would use the tape over bedding on with skim unless I need to, to pack out to level. View attachment 39262
I.d have to put more on then that . You gonna skim that wall as it it @Tinytom

wow, love it.
i would use three pieces per bead but its your tape and your job.
cheers little John. :birras:
I was planning on putting 3 pieces on but it’s held it tight as f**k. The long piece across the top of the boxing which isn’t fitted in the pic I put 3 pieces on that but it was over 2m long

Who'd have thunk it.

Tell me - if that wasn't being tiled over, would you still tackle it in the same way - if you had to guarantee a perfect finish?
Other than scrim over the joins in the patched boards and scrim over a few small holes/dings then yes, 50/50 mix, let it pull right in then board it’ll be perfect. I’ll post pics up next week may be Tuesday when I go back

Thanks for taking the time out to take pics and review it.
It motivates me to keep on with the idea in the face of a lot of walls along the way.

Thanks for taking the time out to take pics and review it.
It motivates me to keep on with the idea in the face of a lot of walls along the way.
Told builder bout it other day as he staples beeds and it pisses me of. Said he would like to try it.

@Tinytom quicker then clouts

Just for clarity; are you all as pissed as @algeeman or have you all just lost your f**k**g minds?
Just to clarify, what’s your point? Why do you think it’s madness? That’s a honest review pal I’m not biased either way, it helped me out today.
In my situation today what would you have done? Clout nails?

True mate but if it’s priced similar to scrim then it’ll be cheaper because you don’t have to run all the way down both sides, iv done it with scrim before

Mate if it ever made production it would be 5x the price of scrim. I get decent grey scrim sticky as f**k £3 a roll.

Just to clarify, what’s your point? Why do you think it’s madness? That’s a honest review pal I’m not biased either way, it helped me out today.

Always clout for me. Failing that scrim or just bed em in first coat. Considering you’re doing a 50/50 first coat then bedding em in makes more sense imo. The tapes a novelty

see u on dragons den yet

Can you fooking imagine that?

Hi guys I’m tapit. Long story short I’ve done a bit of plastering and soon realised how thick the proper plasterers are. Which gave me the idea of this tape. I put holes in it to stop them from thinking it’s scrim tape, as it actually serves less purpose than scrim, yet will cost 5 x what scrim does.

I want a £300,000 investment for 4% equity in my business. Preferably with debra as she knows how to bypass a bent pending patent.

Can you fooking imagine that?

Hi guys I’m tapit. Long story short I’ve done a bit of plastering and soon realised how thick the proper plasterers are. Which gave me the idea of this tape. I put holes in it to stop them from thinking it’s scrim tape, as it actually serves less purpose than scrim, yet will cost 5 x what scrim does.

I want a £300,000 investment for 4% equity in my business. Preferably with debra as she knows how to bypass a bent pending patent.
IM IN

View attachment 39261

giphy (18).gif

True mate but if it’s priced similar to scrim then it’ll be cheaper because you don’t have to run all the way down both sides, iv done it with scrim before
Scrim does not come even a close second to tapit tape, it is being tested as an improved scrim as we speak, making it wider it will be disruptive tech.

That job is clearly stud walls I would of used clouts half the time of that tape and a solid fix f**k**g stupid Idea!

Tell em Tom, f**k**s.