Tapit tape

@smoother09 I don't think you were around for the Waltman debacle.

Things went so badly for him that Danny erased him from history.

It was funny as fcuk.
Think I missed that one been on here years but took quite a few out bud. Its nice knowing your life ain't as crazy as you first thought lol

@smoother09 I don't think you were around for the Waltman debacle.

Things went so badly for him that Danny erased him from history.

It was funny as fcuk.
_20190906_211903.JPG

I’d honestly say try it, @tapit is offering out trial rolls for free what have you got to use.
For reference the boxing in was stud work but the window wall is dot and dab over breeze, clouts wouldn’t get a decent fixing into the block if they were even long enough to reach, pink grip works but along the head of bigger windows it can fall back off
Like @zombie says, there’s a time and a place where this tape helps you out

I’d honestly say try it, @tapit is offering out trial rolls for free what have you got to use.
For reference the boxing in was stud work but the window wall is dot and dab over breeze, clouts wouldn’t get a decent fixing into the block if they were even long enough to reach, pink grip works but along the head of bigger windows it can fall back off
Like @zombie says, there’s a time and a place where this tape helps you out

How about using a comb to key bonding.. just because it will work doesn’t mean there’s a market.

I’m not saying anything about there being a market for it, I’m just giving my opinion on how it worked for me today and I would buy a roll to keep in my box

I understand mate. It’s hard to give an honest review on a freebie. Do you concur that scrim tape could do exactly the same thing, it actually tried?

I understand mate. It’s hard to give an honest review on a freebie. Do you concur that scrim tape could do exactly the same thing, it actually tried?
I agree you can do the same thing with scrim tape, but it honestly doesn’t hold the bead as tight as this does and it’s a bit less fiddly on longer lengths, I think the only way your going to find out is to try it for yourself. I know you’ve got existing methods your happy with and they work very well for you but give it a try, you’ve got nothing to loose

I've seen you say this several times now.

Am I to conclude that you stick bead up with scrim?

Here we go, a review on @tapit super bead tape.

I dropped onto a bathroom reskim job this afternoon to prep up ready for Monday, a scrape down and couple of coats of pva later I’m ready to get my beads set on ready for Monday morning.
This is an overskim and the bathroom all ready has the old beads in place from when it was first built.
I didn’t have any skim mixed up as I only went there to prep, and there’s no way I’m getting a mix on just to bed beads
I usually staple or clout nail but because of the existing beads and tile adhesive getting a fixing can be a hassle, the staples bounce off and the nails tend to bend and distort the old beads before they punch through
This is where the tape was handy, iv not used it before and my first thoughts as I pulled a piece from the roll was that it doesn’t feel very sticky and it feels mega thin compared to gaffa tape
By now the pva was touch dry so I banged a piece of tape in the middle of my first bead (around 1.1m long) and it sticks really really well, it’s actually way stickier than it feels. View attachment 39260
Sorry for the bad pic but you get the idea, the 1 piece of tape in the middle holds the bead nice and tight I’m more than happy to skim with just this 1 piece holding it.
Onto the window, cut my top and bottom beads first taped into place, no worries about sag or moving it if the side pieces touch it, sides on all taped then it took about a minute to trim the bead off the arris.
View attachment 39261

It was really handy and to be honest I would buy a roll provided it’s not stupidly priced and use it on occasions like this, because it’s really sticky too you don’t have to use a lot so 1 roll would last you ages.
Onto boards I think I’d still staple, that’s definetly quicker
For over skims i would use the tape over bedding on with skim unless I need to, to pack out to level. View attachment 39262
Thanks for the tape @tapit I’ll keep using it over my next few reskim jobs and we’ll see how it performs.
Good revieve mate , I would have at least doubled the amount of fixes, but thats just me, each to their own. Well done Tapit :numberone:

Fair play to the guy , tbh I skip threads when they go all tapit tape talk because thought the tape was a joke but if op is saying it’s ok then wish you success tapit with this venture
Yes good luck To him as long keeps to sale work and leave proper work to men. Wher do you get this tape from?

Yes good luck To him as long keeps to sale work and leave proper work to men. Wher do you get this tape from?
hope to get first large batch ready for around Christmas new year, still need to find ways to distribute so that costs are kept as low as possible.
Any ideas welcome. (i like my men to have proper mens names Carys x)

hope to get first large batch ready for around Christmas new year, still need to find ways to distribute so that costs are kept as low as possible.
Any ideas welcome. (i like my men to have proper mens names Carys x)
Yes ask father chrismas to put them in his sledge on his round. And then I might change my name if he can