Unhappy with plastering work but unsure what to expect?

Attachments

• IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 358
Thank you. Still don't really know what I'm asking of another plaster..."fix this please?" Or "re skim this please"? Probably one of those things where they'll have to see it though, right?

Why didn't the damp course company do the plastering ? Did you get a guarantee ? If yes then it's been invalidated

Without being given the opportunity to correct work though, there is no right to ask for money back
You've seen the state he left it in the first place, how would he be able put it right? He obviously doesnt realise how s**t he is no1 should leave a finish like that + expect to be paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've passed the GPS initiation process, Kate. Back to your original post. It's awful work. You don't need anyone to tell you that. Makes my blood boil that customers get ripped off by wankers like this. Name and shame him. He might well be on here. The sad thing is it will cost you more to have it put right than you've paid him for the work. You can report to trading standards but it's unlikely to have any consequence. If he's a legit business you ca trash him on social media and if he has a trading address you can take him to County Court. I had a customer a year or two ago who had some truly dreadful work done. I did it for them correctly and they asked if I would put a statement together for them to describe what I had found, why it was wrong, what I did to correct it, my qualifications etc. They took it it County Court. Not sure of the outcome. Probably got nowhere or I'm sure they would have been in touch. In all honesty, there's little recourse. Move on. Good luck

Thank you. Still don't really know what I'm asking of another plaster..."fix this please?" Or "re skim this please"? Probably one of those things where they'll have to see it though, right?
Just reskim the lot then sell ur house..jobs a gud un

Why didn't the damp course company do the plastering ? Did you get a guarantee ? If yes then it's been invalidated
Damp course was done by partners uncle, he's a builder. No guarantee as far as I'm aware. The floor was sinking so he went under the floorboards and the joists were damp n rotting. He replaced joists, put some kind of membrane or something down (I think?) and asked us to take plaster off a meter up the wall and injected damp stuff into the walls.

You've seen the state he left it in the first place, how would he be able put it right? He obviously doesnt realise how s**t he is no1 should leave a finish like that + expect to be paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You miss the point, without giving the opportunity to correct then no refund can be asked for.

Would I have him back, no I wouldn't. What needs to be accepted here is that the money has been lost and it's going to cost a lot more to put right sadly.

Another thing this was not a plasterer that has done this.

Nos after looking at that pic I think it may be a wind up hahaha..even @zolco the Romany gypo wudnt board like that :)
Id let ou know thst Mrs Jones down the road was overly satisfied with my craftsmenship so that makes me certified I guess

In all seriousness what town are you in ? Possibly a well known member from here may be local and able to look at the work ?

I would have thought your partner's uncle would have known a plasterer? If you don't know one, or your friends can't recommend one, you can try sites like MyBuilder. The tradesmen on there have to do a good job otherwise they get negative reviews and no more work. It's as simple as that. Choose one with a good track record if you go down that route. DO NOT use Rated People. They are hated people because they are shite and unscrupulous and do no checks.

I would have thought your partner's uncle would have known a plasterer? If you don't know one, or your friends can't recommend one, you can try sites like MyBuilder. The tradesmen on there have to do a good job otherwise they get negative reviews and no more work. It's as simple as that. Choose one with a good track record if you go down that route. DO NOT use Rated People. They are hated people because they are shite and unscrupulous and do no checks.

Funny you should say that, one of the three quotes I mentioned earlier was one of his mates...yet we still went with the wrong one. Mainly on account of his wait time. Now feel absolutely ridiculous going back to him...if I was him, I'd laugh at us!

Funny you should say that, one of the three quotes I mentioned earlier was one of his mates...yet we still went with the wrong one. Mainly on account of his wait time. Now feel absolutely ridiculous going back to him...if I was him, I'd laugh at us!

He probably would but also feel for you though

Aye, I want to see a picture of gps's big stupid head next to the forum, he demands it of others so it shouldn't be a problem.
Gps is a fake account, no real man would be so embarrassing, its really some mumsnet single mum trying to get involved

Kate, if you can't pay out again,you could try doing it yourself. It won't be a great finish but would be better that what he's left. Take a look at this guy's series of videos - the plastering ones not the clothing. He runs through the plastering process and makes it simple and self explanatory. Here's a taster:

But if I were you, I would wait for the plasterer you mentioned. Or try a highly rated one on MyBuilder. They won't be laughing at you. How could you know? If anything, they'll make sure it's a spot on job. like they should anyway.

Kate, if you can't pay out again,you could try doing it yourself. It won't be a great finish but would be better that what he's left. Take a look at this guy's series of videos - the plastering ones not the clothing. He runs through the plastering process and makes it simple and self explanatory. Here's a taster:

But if I were you, I would wait for the plasterer you mentioned. Or try a highly rated one on MyBuilder. They won't be laughing at you. How could you know? If anything, they'll make sure it's a spot on job. like they should anyway.

Loving the song on it

Aye, I want to see a picture of gps's big stupid head next to the forum, he demands it of others so it shouldn't be a problem.
Should get a selfie of him next to his dog or something I say..

Or someone take picture of him balancing on left leg on top of ridge tiles of his house for 25 minutes