• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I was reading this morning that the volume of fraudulent claims they've had is slowing down the processing of the grants to small businesses in Birmingham. Chancers gonna chance.
What's these Grant's? I'm getting s**t fiddly squat..do you mean the buisness rates relief Grant's at £10k? Only thing I might get is 80% of minimum wage,barely covers my car finance

Hang on mate, I have not insulted anyone.
You are quick to lash out.
You are the one who was spouting holier than thou bullshit, protect our families and it turns out it was all self serving bullshit. Have a bit of self dignity. Owl is a good name because you have spun your head 180 degrees.
[/QUOTE
I'm legally obliged you clown it's not through choice, if I had a choice I wouldn't be going back and putting my family at risk it's contractual, I have signed contacts and I'm in breach of that contract because the site that I'm working on are back open.
No need to throw clown in there owls,sorry pal but no it dsnt wash the contracts thing..you've been acting like jesus on here,if you was practicing what you've been preaching for last 3 weeks I'd say stuff your contracts we are in a pandemic and il see you in court,I bet you would win as there would be uproar..your going in because you want to go in to earn money..spin it whichever way you want

Missed this last night,well 3 weeks in some going back now.blaming this on the dog cat,mrs,boredom,drink,drugs,sore balls,the husband,boyfriend,contracts,van needs a run,miss the site agent.,oh i can work safely 2 mts apart.
After what some have said over the last few weeks.could not make it up.
Only reason i said from begiining was you cannot survive and need cash now.
Good luck 2 yous.

1587622602192.jpeg

Just saying............

Missed this last night,well 3 weeks in some going back now.blaming this on the dog cat,mrs,boredom,drink,drugs,sore balls,the husband,boyfriend,contracts,van needs a run,miss the site agent.,oh i can work safely 2 mts apart.
After what some have said over the last few weeks.could not make it up.
Only reason i said from begiining was you cannot survive and need cash now.
Good luck 2 yous.
Couldn't make it up pal,then blaming it on overheads,contracts etc..absoloute tosh,this is why I havnt judged,as knowbody can say s**t when I go back..imagine a company ringing up saying listen get back on site or your in breach of your contract! Absoloute bolloxs

What's these Grant's? I'm getting s**t fiddly squat..do you mean the buisness rates relief Grant's at £10k? Only thing I might get is 80% of minimum wage,barely covers my car finance

Yeah, apparently people are trying it on in a big way. I think it was/is a good way to help out some businesses without feeding the shady/dodgy ones.

Couldn't make it up pal,then blaming it on overheads,contracts etc..absoloute tosh,this is why I havnt judged,as knowbody can say s**t when I go back..imagine a company ringing up saying listen get back on site or your in breach of your contract! Absoloute bolloxs

The contact issue is a big one and it'll get worse. The problem being the official line is you can go to work if you can't work from home. So any 'act of god' clauses are voided because you're legally allowed to work. That means if you don't go in you chose not to, which means you've breached the fulfilment terms in the contract.

This 'sort of' lock down has caused loads of problems across the board. It always happens when politicians and civil servants stick their nose into the real world. Not one of them has a clue or gives a sh1t.

I don’t get what people need the money for, food and bills. Anyone doing plastering not taking home 800-1000 a week is in the wrong game or a gambling addict/ Coke addict , how can you not have money tucked away.
Take the morgagate holiday to ease the cash flow situation at the moment and if ya morgagate goes up £10 a month buy you got money to survive and pay off ya other bills that’s what it’s there for.

I don’t get what people need the money for, food and bills. Anyone doing plastering not taking home 800-1000 a week is in the wrong game or a gambling addict/ Coke addict , how can you not have money tucked away.
Take the morgagate holiday to ease the cash flow situation at the moment and if ya morgagate goes up £10 a month buy you got money to survive and pay off ya other bills that’s what it’s there for.
And the argument of my mortgage will go up because of compounded interest and I'll end up paying loads more is b*ll***s. Get your lump sum in June and overpay your mortgage by a grand or 2. Problem solved

My opinion is that it should have been a full lock down no ifs/buts or maybe.

The problem is how it stands if lads have a main source of income from a contact be It developers, builders etc etc that if there wanting to work then you will be forced an ultimatum.

My opinion is that it should have been a full lock down no ifs/buts or maybe.

The problem is how it stands if lads have a main source of income from a contact be It developers, builders etc etc that if there wanting to work then you will be forced an ultimatum.

but you who cares when people are dying ??

firm I’ve done 90% of my last 2 years of work for and was 80% through a school for have got someone else there finishing it and as we said no ,might never give me work every again.

do I care ?? Not when 800 people a day are dying , more important stuff then pushing muck up the walls.

People been wasting money on flash cars, watches and designer clothes, drugs and gambling for years need a reality check.

health is the real and only important currency

You do realise you actually put your above comment onto the forum?

The contact issue is a big one and it'll get worse. The problem being the official line is you can go to work if you can't work from home. So any 'act of god' clauses are voided because you're legally allowed to work. That means if you don't go in you chose not to, which means you've breached the fulfilment terms in the contract.

This 'sort of' lock down has caused loads of problems across the board. It always happens when politicians and civil servants stick their nose into the real world. Not one of them has a clue or gives a sh1t.
Contracts aside,people are deciding to return {some} simply because they want to,
They dont need the cash,i know quite a few.look at road traffic,my wifes working and she said this week has got a lot busier on the roads.it will only accelerate now.
Wee krankie is revealling scotlands exit strategy today,interested to see who goes first.

but you who cares when people are dying ??

firm I’ve done 90% of my last 2 years of work for and was 80% through a school for have got someone else there finishing it and as we said no ,might never give me work every again.

do I care ?? Not when 800 people a day are dying , more important stuff then pushing muck up the walls.

People been wasting money on flash cars, watches and designer clothes, drugs and gambling for years need a reality check.

health is the real and only important currency

Point I'm making is if everyone in same boat then no snakes out taking away well learnt contacts & contracts.

Or even on smaller scales no mrs Jones cancelling work with 1 spread to use another.

Point I'm making is if everyone in same boat then no snakes out taking away well learnt contacts & contracts.

Or even on smaller scales no mrs Jones cancelling work with 1 spread to use another.
Mrs jones is a mad cow.snakes in the grass, lol

Contracts aside,people are deciding to return {some} simply because they want to,
They dont need the cash,i know quite a few.look at road traffic,my wifes working and she said this week has got a lot busier on the roads.it will only accelerate now.
Wee krankie is revealling scotlands exit strategy today,interested to see who goes first.

I'm not saying they aren't, I agree. My point is only that not everyone working is doing so out of greed/stupidity, some are genuinely between a rock and a hard place where it's a choice of work or go under. There's no certain way of knowing who's in what position, and on a forum that's even more so. Which to me means it's unfair to judge people and call them out.

Ultimately it makes no difference as neither your opinion or mine is going to change anyone's mind. If you get wound up every time you encounter a c**t you'll get an ulcer long before your anger makes any difference. Focus on with the important stuff, leave the stuff you can't change.

In the immortal words of Elsa .....

I'm not saying they aren't, I agree. My point is only that not everyone working is doing so out of greed/stupidity, some are genuinely between a rock and a hard place where it's a choice of work or go under. There's no certain way of knowing who's in what position, and on a forum that's even more so. Which to me means it's unfair to judge people and call them out.

Ultimately it makes no difference as neither your opinion or mine is going to change anyone's mind. If you get wound up every time you encounter a c**t you'll get an ulcer long before your anger makes any difference. Focus on with the important stuff, leave the stuff you can't change.

In the immortal words of Elsa .....

My post their was about people in scotland.we have different advice from our government.as hobo said their.

Interesting to note then that the poll is split close to 50/50 between those not working at all, and those working in some form or another.

Interesting to note then that the poll is split close to 50/50 between those not working at all, and those working in some form or another.
Im surprised,thought more would be for working,since its ok by england government.
As far as im aware all house building sites in scotland were forced to close.
So contracts were not in play.

Im surprised,thought more would be for working,since its ok by england government.
As far as im aware all house building sites in scotland were forced to close.
So contracts were not in play.

I see on the news that B&Q are opening more stores now, and Taylor Wimpey are opening back up on 4th May. Once companies like that are back at it that'll be lockdown over.