• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I'm sitting this out to the bitter end with my nut job left looney tune robbo..no good preaching for last 3 weeks then declare your going back because your part of a chain,when uve been preaching 4 last 3 weeks saying family more important than money blah blah blah..this is what I meant when I was saying other day those that are judging stop judging other people
I'm legally obliged you clown it's not through choice, if I had a choice I wouldn't be going back and putting my family at risk it's contractual, I have signed contacts and I'm in breach of that contract because the site that I'm working on are back open.

Morgan Sindall are jokers, they try make u plaster internally with gloves hat glasses the whole Shbang on wtf

mask to knock up with now as well, got to ffp3 or your kicked off ...

got kicked off site before Xmas for scaff rag not being signed and dated that week... and they want me in in a world wide pandemic. Jokers

no take ...if I was out earning money.
Could be claiming universal credit now , but I’m not .
And there will be a lot(the majority I’d hope) that would do the same. There’s always some benefit fraud freeloader c**ts but they’re the minority

And there will be a lot(the majority I’d hope) that would do the same. There’s always some benefit fraud freeloader c**ts but they’re the minority

bloke I’ve had in before been texting asking me to give him hand on a render job...

He’s claiming universal credit, working for cash , just had he’s rebate, having the grant.

biggest SCAB I know

mask to knock up with now as well, got to ffp3 or your kicked off ...

got kicked off site before Xmas for scaff rag not being signed and dated that week... and they want me in in a world wide pandemic. Jokers
It's ridulous, the government should have just stopped all construction from the outset, that way legally they couldn't ask you to go back in, during the lock down, at present it's open to interpretation.

It's pretty much where I'm at with stuff, tens of thousands out on site projects, scaffold up etc.

I worked it out yesterday funnily enough. There's £25k in materials and a £4k scaffold on site that all arrived days before the curtain dropped. I'll need a second and third lift adding to the scaffold before it's finished with and we're a month into the hire so that's a conversation to be had. :confused:

The one positive in that situation is that as soon as we're allowed out to play everything's there ready to go, just add brickies. Probably two or three weeks work before the next stage is due.

True to a degree, but there's also a timing issue. If you work on staged payments for example you can be in the hole to five or six figures just before you get paid for a stage. A weather delay, problem with a supplier, people not turning in etc etc all add costs and are notoriously difficult to predict. Any or all of those happen just before the curtain was dropped and you cloud be in big trouble.

As @superspread said, I can think of a few times over the years where I'd be in deep sh1t if this happened at that point. I can guarantee under those circumstances with a choice between loosing everything and working at risk of getting or spreading the virus I wouldn't spend a second thinking about it.
What could you lose?

I’m flat out 6 days a week , never been busier , 7 -7 some days , but I’m spending not earning , £2000 a month wouldn’t cover the skips

I was reading this morning that the volume of fraudulent claims they've had is slowing down the processing of the grants to small businesses in Birmingham. Chancers gonna chance.

I worked it out yesterday funnily enough. There's £25k in materials and a £4k scaffold on site that all arrived days before the curtain dropped. I'll need a second and third lift adding to the scaffold before it's finished with and we're a month into the hire so that's a conversation to be had. :confused:

The one positive in that situation is that as soon as we're allowed out to play everything's there ready to go, just add brickies. Probably two or three weeks work before the next stage is due.

Yep it's hard, I've probably got North of 50k out on various projects, it's a chunk of money but I could live with it until after the lockdown so sort of circa 6 weeks, plus invoicing and the like so could be 10 weeks until payment, but I've had my hand forced after sitting it out for around a month. It's not right being out on construction sites in this climate.

Now? Nothing. At other points as I said, everything.
How could you lose your house with a mortgage holiday? I'm not sure what else there is to lose? 2 months without money isn't ideal, but £500 interest free overdraft given by every bank, use a credit card, get a lump sum 2 months later

I'm legally obliged you clown it's not through choice, if I had a choice I wouldn't be going back and putting my family at risk it's contractual, I have signed contacts and I'm in breach of that contract because the site that I'm working on are back open.

People seem to overlook how a company operates sometimes. Contracts can be a boon or a bain depending on how things go.

Yep it's hard, I've probably got North of 50k out on various projects, it's a chunk of money but I could live with it until after the lockdown so sort of circa 6 weeks, plus invoicing and the like so could be 10 weeks until payment, but I've had my hand forced after sitting it out for around a month. It's not right being out on construction sites in this climate.
People should be able to have choice once they’re sensible

You make it sound so easy ! But believe me it’s not !!
Noones given any example other than someone who's only just gone self employed who would be struggling. I would put alot of money on it that not a single person on this site who's working has taken a mortgage holiday

How could you lose your house with a mortgage holiday? I'm not sure what else there is to lose? 2 months without money isn't ideal, but £500 interest free overdraft given by every bank, use a credit card, get a lump sum 2 months later

It may come as a shock, but a mortgage holiday isn't much help when you're refurbishing a property which you own. Usually at that point you are close to the wire financially anyway, so while a rental or property to sell on is sitting vacant it's cost more than just the mortgage payments. It also adds to the overall cost to the project which then means you may end up breaking even or losing money.

Add in monies outstanding for materials or sub-contractors, insurances, your own and your businesses overheads etc etc. It's an expensive game, and if it goes wrong at the wrong time it can start a d*m**o effect across your assets.

I don't understand why you would go back if you are getting £2K plus per month? Are people that f**king greedy? This is a perfect opportunity to spend time with family, take up a hobby etc.
down side is u will never see it

Noones given any example other than someone who's only just gone self employed who would be struggling. I would put alot of money on it that not a single person on this site who's working has taken a mortgage holiday

My business overheads are £24k a year, please explain how taking £1k off of my personal expenses would help?

Well over the coming 60 years or so every single current forum member will likely be getting shat out of an invertebrate or fertilising plants. So maybe time to start making contingency plans?

Some of them will make excellent topsoil.

People should be able to have choice once they’re sensible
Choice on what though, at present government advice is work from home if you can if you can't, go to work. It should have been stated from the outset only essential works as other countries have done, and there now coming out of lockdown, we've a minimum of 2 weeks possibly even longer still left. At the moment it's almost a moral choice. I understand why fellas who are self employed are going to work, I don't agree with it, but I understand where there coming from as to earn money, but the decision should have been taken out of our own hands, there's no grey area then.

My business overheads are £24k a year, please explain how taking £1k off of my personal expenses would help?
You just said you couldn't lose anything now though. But could years ago, at which point I assume you didn't have 24k overheads a year?

Choice on what though, at present government advice is work from home if you can if you can't, go to work. It should have been stated from the outset only essential works as other countries have done, and there now coming out of lockdown, we've a minimum of 2 weeks possibly even longer still left. At the moment it's almost a moral choice. I understand why fellas who are self employed are going to work, I don't agree with it, but I understand where there coming from as to earn money, but the decision should have been taken out of our own hands, there's no grey area then.
We have to discuss what is not what you’d like ,
We can work , the government wants us to work .
If people wish not to work , they shouldn’t have to

20 years ago I had 9 weeks off work with a slip disc, couldn’t walk literally! Yea the bs let me pay the interest only on a repayment mortgage, the council didn’t wanna know , so I had the same bills , a slightly less mortgage payment each month , no savings , borrowed of family , the lot , took me years of 7 days week to repay the mortgage back and family back, without me borrowing money off the in-laws and my old dear , I was night night nurse , some people aren’t as lucky as I was with family

We have to discuss what is not what you’d like ,
We can work , the government wants us to work .
"the government wants us to worknd that's the most damning point of this whole handling of the outbreak
20 years ago I had 9 weeks off work with a slip disc, couldn’t walk literally! Yea the bs let me pay the interest only on a repayment mortgage, the council didn’t wanna know , so I had the same bills , a slightly less mortgage payment each month , no savings , borrowed of family , the lot , took me years of 7 days week to repay the mortgage back and family back, without me borrowing money off the in-laws and my old dear , I was night night nurse , some people aren’t as lucky as I was with family
Right... But you would of got a lump sum at the end of that if the 9 weeks off were for Covid 19 and not a slipped disk?