shocking

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gaffa took on a domestic lad to dab and skim a large 2 bed flat.....2 weeks later he was still in there.

The most shocking work ive seen in ages.
Il go back too domestics when my kids have left home and ive got lazy.

Seen loads of domestics on site.
I feel for them ...they look lost.

2 weeks?!!! what was he doing in there!?

Got a guy to do a Job for us from this forum mite I add and checked it properly 2day and this I wat we got for £450 cash in hand for 2 and half's day work probably about 60m2 in job..worst thing is we paid him b4 checking Job properly..wat u reckon chaps? Got more but cnt be arsed putting more on,this is why wat flynny said about domestic plasterers not been better than site plasterers is a load of tosh the lady on this Job was happy with the finish believe it or not and there's no way ud get away with this on a site..
Nothing wrong that work mate need your eyes testing had to use bags with f**k**g lumps in an that an all cheeky t**t coming on here moaning about decent spreads

If your looking to give anyone a start I would recommend looking through their previous posts to see what kind of questions they ask its that simple. People come on here all the time giving it the biggun but soon get found out and some just sit in the shadows ready to pounce lol we can't stop people having numerous accounts but we can shame them when we find out :) or just black mail them which I prefer ;)
That was my main point in posting to out the guy who did it flynny thdn to be said in a chancer by that vf12 guy or whoever is called well that's just laughable really and I'm thinking he's a ex courser as there the only 1s who have beef with me on here well apart from u flynny lol..ive never posted on here and slated any fellow spreads work or methods I've only responded angrily to silly questions that these ex coursers put up as it does iritate me how the system works and there have the cheek to go into sum1s house and take money from sum1 after a 6 week course its fraud and robbery and always will be..if there are Tha interested in plastering and that desperate It shud be mandatory to do a course for 3 years solid and its tough s**t if you cant afford it or got bills to pay in meantime if that's case do sumat else..or and don't you f**k**s sleep!? Lol

Haha think we've got a rogue boys the iveneverworkedinyorkshire username? That u Alan? That profile pic looks familiar? Accounted created 2day

Nothing wrong that work mate need your eyes testing had to use bags with f**k**g lumps in an that an all cheeky t**t coming on here moaning about decent spreads
Haha are u for real? I've had lumps in my bags on job I've done for last 2 months..come to my job on wed and Il show you wat a finish shud be like?

need a job lads got to pay back 450 from last job I was on .
I am almost a plasterer ( well I did it once last week and I think it looks mint and so does client but gaffer did not think so ) will work for £8 per m2 or 150 per day, see profile pic
Ur a con man! Learn how to use a angle trowel aswell..and delete my number as I have urs no doubt ull set ur 4th username up and get sum more work from here..come to a mansion ive done in harragate on wed I challenge u to and wen u c the difference in work ull understand my point

Is all this a wind up ?? Or did it all really happen?? I think I may have named the bloke but only after extracting my dosh off the twerp in question on site where I would of asked him to meet and explain his finish.
As he was either blind or working in the dark,clearly pile o shoite so indefensible. Money back n hope he takes up summin he's better at. Amen

Apparantly lads there's nowt wrong with the work!!??

Im sure thats someone on here trying to wind you up dude, it won't be the geezer you're talking about!

Any how, time served, coursers, you get good and bad of both, theres a few people on here that habe made successful careers from doing a course from what I remember in that thread the other day!

The work is s**t, that's why I never sub out to anyone, and currently have no one I think good enough to work with when needed on bigger jobs (large ceilings, any form of rendering that's not a porch or something small enough to do alone), relying on other people in life in any form does my head in! :muyenojado::hueco:

Is all this a wind up ?? Or did it all really happen?? I think I may have named the bloke but only after extracting my dosh off the twerp in question on site where I would of asked him to meet and explain his finish.
As he was either blind or working in the dark,clearly pile o shoite so indefensible. Money back n hope he takes up summin he's better at. Amen
Ud think it was a wind up wudnt you I cant believe he's defending it

It will be a wind up.

The kid only showed his face on here for work, very doubtful he's trawl through all this.

You need to take it on the chin and put it down to experience, it's happened to us all in one way or another.

He may have £200/£300 of your money but, look at it from another point, he's really fooking s**t at 1 of his many talents and will come undone in the not too distant future, if he's knocking work out like that someone will withhold money from him.

If that's the standard he leaves plastering, imagine what his tiling will be like or any other finishing trade he's let loose on.

If you see him, have the c**t but if not just carry on and learn from the experience

Regarding this site, it's the Internet, anyone can pretend to be anyone they wish.

I've been here for 8 years, you kind of learn whose worth their salt by sitting back and watching.

Asking basic questions, jack of all trades, Barry big b*ll***s who brags about turning over 100k, users that appear and disappear, people offering their services with no history all people that won't be here long and just easier to ignore

What's wrong with being a jack of all trades? (or atleast a few trades), sure there's a lot of guys on here that can do a few things to a high standard! Just because someone does the one trade doesn't mean they do it better than someone that can do a few!

Regarding this site, it's the Internet, anyone can pretend to be anyone they wish.

I've been here for 8 years, you kind of learn whose worth their salt by sitting back and watching.

Asking basic questions, jack of all trades, Barry big b*ll***s who brags about turning over 100k, users that appear and disappear, people offering their services with no history all people that won't be here long and just easier to ignore

You have to admit the questions have got worse this last 2 years on here. We have seen a lot of good men not come back on the forum over it. Gibbo Andy and so on. I give up a long time ago been serious on here. I find it funny people on here call them self plasterers. I think about 70% of the blokes on here are skimmers. Anyway it's only plastering it's G** :birra:

We all have different levels of skill and different variety of skills, some on here are master craftsmen, most of us are not, we are good at what we do but that's it, some got into the trade through courses, some through working from the bottom up.

I just wish people would stop looking down at anyone who has slightly less skills than them as if they are a c**t, if we went by that logic then the only people worth listening to are a handful of people on here who are masters of their trade! All that matters is people do a good job when they do it, whatever that is, whether its skimming, or the lot, and remember skimming aint just skimming, 90% of people can't skim for s**t, end of!

You gotta laugh though, it's f**k**g Saturday and we all can't help but come on here and talk about a job that we sometimes love sometimes hate and been doing for the last 5 days, we're mental.

What's wrong with being a jack of all trades? (or atleast a few trades), sure there's a lot of guys on here that can do a few things to a high standard! Just because someone does the one trade doesn't mean they do it better than someone that can do a few!

Just my opinion and experience.

Met plenty of guys that were jacks and said they could plaster, the finished product was no that of a professional plasterer.

Followed plenty of handymen that have ruined people's properties

I've said it before and I'll say it again we can all do a bit of tiling and skirting, hang the odd door etc when you go out there and take money of people I'd like to think it was a professional.

Good quality fast plastering comes from doing it day in day out for years, not 2/3 days a month

We all have different levels of skill and different variety of skills, some on here are master craftsmen, most of us are not, we are good at what we do but that's it, some got into the trade through courses, some through working from the bottom up.

I just wish people would stop looking down at anyone who has slightly less skills than them as if they are a c**t, if we went by that logic then the only people worth listening to are a handful of people on here who are masters of their trade! All that matters is people do a good job when they do it, whatever that is, whether its skimming, or the lot, and remember skimming aint just skimming, 90% of people can't skim for s**t, end of!
I can see u down there somewhere
man-top-mountain-conceptual-design-34387521.jpg

I agree to that extent dude, I plaster 95% of the time but also spent a lot of time tiling in the past and doing your basic carpentry, so that's what I mean by doing a few things well! The difference in my opinion is someone that doesn't plaster primarily then doing it occasionally, they never can do it well, where as other trades I think are easier to turn your hand too.

Just my opinion and experience.

Met plenty of guys that were jacks and said they could plaster, the finished product was no that of a professional plasterer.

Followed plenty of handymen that have ruined people's properties

I've said it before and I'll say it again we can all do a bit of tiling and skirting, hang the odd door etc when you go out there and take money of people I'd like to think it was a professional.

Good quality fast plastering comes from doing it day in day out for years, not 2/3 days a month[/QUOTE

A doctor I believe trains for 5yrs a vet 7 bla bla bla so by the time you have reached your 40s you should have 20 odd yrs experience in the chosen wet trade or you have either through desire or financial need diversed. Now presuming you entered into this because you had a desire to and skillful have an eye for levels etc , there is no reason that you cannot produce good work throughout. Your either good or your not,you could train some for 50 yrs they'd still be s**t as they have no interest,passion or natural skill or idea what a good finish is. Everyone lives on their own planet and sees the world the way they see it ,so when you pull someone up on their work they may be truly dumbfounded as they believed they were really doing a good job:sorprendido3:
Must be beer time :birras:anyhow feck em never let any cant feck with your work ,time or reputation or walk off with dosh not earned.

You have to admit the questions have got worse this last 2 years on here. We have seen a lot of good men not come back on the forum over it. Gibbo Andy and so on. I give up a long time ago been serious on here. I find it funny people on here call them self plasterers. I think about 70% of the blokes on here are skimmers. Anyway it's only plastering it's G** :birra:
I was contemplating coming off mysen clemo with the silly questions recently but thought Il give It another couple of weeks

Ye mac its all done now and forgotten its another lesson learned and another plasterers number deleted..at least its given the forum sumat to talk about Friday nite instead of answering stupid questions that have popped up recently like can u over skim on multi finish with multi finish because of crystals or sum s**t or getting peoples wives to cum on asking for m2 prices

Status
Not open for further replies.