plasterers union

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i spent few years in ireland working all over
one day i was looking around for a bit of work
found a site spoke to the foreman told me the prices ect asked me when can u start
3.45 a metre skim
thought sweet
spent a day on my own setting up water butts bags up scrim bead ect top floor some flats
so next day come in
my water butts had drill holes in them and lots a bags split crim beeen takin down
thought wt the fucs this
so im walkin to the office now confused
this old guy was in the car park ask me if i was a plasterer
i said yeah he said do u no this is a union site
i said never heard of a union site
he said well do u wanna join
the old f**k*r had a little smile on his face
then i strted thinkin ohh this is wats behind it
so i proceed fill forms numbers ect and he said the price u have been givin is wat u stick to blahh b;lhh gave me a book ect
i was mad after thinking this seems wrong rest of the spreads then started talkin to me long story short once i joined everthing was fine
it was 40 quid a month
/QUOTE]

That's a protection racket, not a union

Jaysus i remember the days when dog the bounty hunter was coming on to sites looking for unpaid fees here in cork and you see fellas scattering everywhere. Fellas used be hiding in attics & all haha! Had been paying the union here in cork aswell until it turned out the branch secretary and he's 2nd in command "dog the bounty hunter" had been found out to be buying and selling cars with payed up union fees. Apparently after been sussed the Branch secretary ended up doing a runner to spain and with well over 300k..
It was cork I did most my work although I lived in bantry

Benefits should be for the needy not the bone idol, i do not want to get back into this again but if I have to I will :sisi:
Bone ideal should get fk all, I never said that. The percentage of people on benefits who don't want to work is very small, I'm talking about single mums trying to get back into and low income families. Low income is being caused by the big companies who don't pay there tax paying staff on the front line a wage which they struggle to live on while they sit back and take the big bucks. To blame benefits for the state of this country is ludicrous! If the government went after the big tax dodging companies we wouldn't be in any mess at all.

Bone ideal should get fk all, I never said that. The percentage of people on benefits who don't want to work is very small, I'm talking about single mums trying to get back into and low income families. Low income is being caused by the big companies who don't pay there tax paying staff on the front line a wage which they struggle to live on while they sit back and take the big bucks. To blame benefits for the state of this country is ludicrous! If the government went after the big tax dodging companies we wouldn't be in any mess at all.

What's the precentage then ? As you obviously know.
111billion was spent on welfare last year, nhs 134billion defence 35 billion, the welfare cost has to be cut it is way to generous, and why because labour Blair/brown created a welfare state generation along with mass immigration ensuring future votes.
I agree that companies should not be able to take money off shore, any monies spent in the uk should be liable to uk tax regardless.
But let's have it right businesses are taxed to the hilt, I'

111billion was spent on welfare last year, nhs 134billion defence 35 billion, the welfare cost has to be cut it is way to generous, and why because labour Blair/brown created a welfare state generation along with mass immigration ensuring future votes.
I agree that companies should not be able to take money off shore, any monies spent in the uk should be liable to uk tax regardless.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 197
If the big companies payed more we could do away with benefits but as the Tory way is they get away with everything and the folk at the bottom pay for it.

How much of that welfare budget was spent on people who actually work but are still below the bread line?

To be fair I couldn't give a monkeys
Politics is so boring......you're just picking who's going to the slightly lesser c**t.....get boris johnson in, at least he's good for a bit if comic value....tories must be doing something right...even with asll the austerity we still voted them back in and even with a proper majority....i think if they leave Corben in labour are fooked for next time too....people can tell he's too much of a danger.

How much of that welfare budget was spent on people who actually work but are still below the bread line?
The same people who work for the big companies that the torys look after with there tax breaks/avoidance? They then make out that the poor bugger who has two jobs to try keep his head above the water is the reason we are in a bad way because he needs help from the government to live. The world really is a fked up place

I don't understand why the tax system is so complicated to be honest. VAT, corporation tax, insurance premium tax, inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax, CIS, import tax, etc etc should all be scrapped.

The replacement would be a simple amout, say 12 pence in every pound spent on everything. So it doesn't matter if you're paying staff, contractors through CIS, paying a plasterer, buying your shopping, or paying a tradesman to work on your home/business, 12% goes to HMRC. No exceptions, no exemptions, everyone pays the same.

Fair, simple, easy to administrate, very difficult to dodge.

The same people who work for the big companies that the torys look after with there tax breaks/avoidance? They then make out that the poor bugger who has two jobs to try keep his head above the water is the reason we are in a bad way because he needs help from the government to live. The world really is a fked up place

But is it not the Tory's who want to cut benefits so people work more and it's the looney left who want to give out benefits galore, so your argument is somewhat flawed on that point

But is it not the Tory's who want to cut benefits so people work more and it's the looney left who want to give out benefits galore, so your argument is somewhat flawed on that point
No, your argument was that people on benefits were the cause of our financial trouble. Moving away from that I'd rather people were paid more across the board. As I keep saying I belive the problem is being caused by the wealth distribution from the people at the top, the world is set up so they keep making there millions while they squeeze the working man even harder. The government that tackles that issue has my vote but I don't think I'll see a change to it in my lifetime which is quite worrying for my kids.

No, your argument was that people on benefits were the cause of our financial trouble. Moving away from that I'd rather people were paid more across the board. As I keep saying I belive the problem is being caused by the wealth distribution from the people at the top, the world is set up so they keep making there millions while they squeeze the working man even harder. The government that tackles that issue has my vote but I don't think I'll see a change to it in my lifetime which is quite worrying for my kids.
Lol thats called capitalism and there is no cure....only a fool would think equal wealth distribution is really possible....i believe that is communism.....we could be a utopia like Russia.

Lol thats called capitalism and there is no cure....only a fool would think equal wealth distribution is really possible....i believe that is communism.....we could be a utopia like Russia.
It will come to and end though, look at the Romans, used to sit on there balconys drinking wine and having orgies till the poor person decided that that's what they wanted and took it lol

It will come to and end though, look at the Romans, used to sit on there balconys drinking wine and having orgies till the poor person decided that that's what they wanted and took it lol
:) im sure it will end one day, just like the romans but it wont be replaced with communism(equal wealth distribution).....and if it was it would be a bigger disaster than what we have now....would you go and slog your guts out plastering if a chap who didnt work got the exact same money or a chap cleaning toilets.....no one would become a doctor or architect or a teacher as there would be no point........many times in history its been proven the only way for sustained civilisation is through capitalism.....its part of our nature.

Id like to drink some wine and have an orgy(y)

:) im sure it will end one day, just like the romans but it wont be replaced with communism(equal wealth distribution).....and if it was it would be a bigger disaster than what we have now....would you go and slog your guts out plastering if a chap who didnt work got the exact same money or a chap cleaning toilets.....no one would become a doctor or architect or a teacher as there would be no point........many times in history its been proven the only way for sustained civilisation is through capitalism.....its part of our nature.

Id like to drink some wine and have an orgy(y)
I'm not advocating communism mate, I just think the gulf is getting ridiculous and needs addressed. Something like the working person on the front line having to be paid more if the company they work for are making millions. Bad example but you get my drift.

I'm not advocating communism mate, I just think the gulf is getting ridiculous and needs addressed. Something like the working person on the front line having to be paid more if the company they work for are making millions. Bad example but you get my drift.
Yeah I know mate, I shouldnt talk politics after a few beers.....maybe the living wage will work a bit when it comes in £9 is better than the current.

To be fair I couldn't give a monkeys

Neither could the tories. In particular that horrible nasty bitch Thatcher.

Only place her & her family should have been is feckin Jeremy Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course we will never see that, they look after each other like they are a protected species

Of course we will never see that, they look after each other like they are a protected species

That's the thing mate they do. I looked into all this when Scotland was holding the referendum and some of the things that go on is shocking. The strain on the benefits systems is down to the larger companies, companies whose shareholders and ceo's make millions while the guys on the front line who make it for them are on so low a wage they need the government to top it up with benefits. So not only to they dodge tax, they put a strain on the system because they don't pay the workers enough to live on when there is plenty of money being made. And to top it off they get away with it because they donate to political parties. If the government piss them off they withdraw there funding. Stuck in a vicious circle. In the meantime all your here is that the folk on benefits are dragging the country down, people with terminal cancer getting told there fit to work so getting benefits removed and dying two months later while all the time the fat cats at the top causing it get away Scott free. Austerity, the poor man paying for the rich mans mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.