plasterers union

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i spent few years in ireland working all over
one day i was looking around for a bit of work
found a site spoke to the foreman told me the prices ect asked me when can u start
3.45 a metre skim
thought sweet
spent a day on my own setting up water butts bags up scrim bead ect top floor some flats
so next day come in
my water butts had drill holes in them and lots a bags split crim beeen takin down
thought wt the fucs this
so im walkin to the office now confused
this old guy was in the car park ask me if i was a plasterer
i said yeah he said do u no this is a union site
i said never heard of a union site
he said well do u wanna join
the old f**k*r had a little smile on his face
then i strted thinkin ohh this is wats behind it
so i proceed fill forms numbers ect and he said the price u have been givin is wat u stick to blahh b;lhh gave me a book ect
i was mad after thinking this seems wrong rest of the spreads then started talkin to me long story short once i joined everthing was fine
it was 40 quid a month
in the early stages thought was a big con
but every friday this old guy would ring me
have u work for mon???
one day i said no i nothing
he said ok ring u back in a bit then he did your here mon this is the con tact ect
it happined few times and he always sorted something out
the reason im saying this is do u think a union could be set up here and would it work
or do we need it
ok now its boom time we might not want it
but when its slow we have a network or some kind of help
we are all in a trade were how many times has someone has said wow thats an art thats such a skill ????
i thinksomething should be done not just our trade but others so we all earn good and not get ripped off
i worked in usa and some guy i new was a regitered air condition guy some guy had air con installed and didnt pay him he put somthing on his house called a lean
the guy had to pay him or face selling his house cos it blocked his bank and credit cards
im tired of going to work and hoping we will get paid and when private or builders
what do you guys think could it be a form of protection???

I don't think a union as such but I believe on commercial work there should be minimum rates by law just as theres minimum wage etc based on what is achievable over a 40hr week or whatever?

Unless that would make it worse incase sack that idea!!!!:RpS_confused:

I despise the word union, unions are for your left wing do gooding loonies, if milliband gets in it's not a union we wil need it's the number for the dole office when they take us back into recession and bankrupt the country's, let's not forget they did the last time oh and the time before that.

hi guys i spent few years in ireland working all over
one day i was looking around for a bit of work
found a site spoke to the foreman told me the prices ect asked me when can u start
3.45 a metre skim
thought sweet
spent a day on my own setting up water butts bags up scrim bead ect top floor some flats
so next day come in
my water butts had drill holes in them and lots a bags split crim beeen takin down
thought wt the fucs this
so im walkin to the office now confused
this old guy was in the car park ask me if i was a plasterer
i said yeah he said do u no this is a union site
i said never heard of a union site
he said well do u wanna join
the old f**k*r had a little smile on his face
then i strted thinkin ohh this is wats behind it
so i proceed fill forms numbers ect and he said the price u have been givin is wat u stick to blahh b;lhh gave me a book ect
i was mad after thinking this seems wrong rest of the spreads then started talkin to me long story short once i joined everthing was fine
it was 40 quid a month
in the early stages thought was a big con
but every friday this old guy would ring me
have u work for mon???
one day i said no i nothing
he said ok ring u back in a bit then he did your here mon this is the con tact ect
it happined few times and he always sorted something out
the reason im saying this is do u think a union could be set up here and would it work
or do we need it
ok now its boom time we might not want it
but when its slow we have a network or some kind of help
we are all in a trade were how many times has someone has said wow thats an art thats such a skill ????
i thinksomething should be done not just our trade but others so we all earn good and not get ripped off
i worked in usa and some guy i new was a regitered air condition guy some guy had air con installed and didnt pay him he put somthing on his house called a lean
the guy had to pay him or face selling his house cos it blocked his bank and credit cards
im tired of going to work and hoping we will get paid and when private or builders
what do you guys think could it be a form of protection???

Hi george I laughed when I heard your story , I'm based on Dublin and I know the guy who you are talking about, when things were good everyone paid the Union for peace and quiet, but the outcome was not what was expected. 3 million euro went missing from the union account , and two guys had to retire,
Google niall Irwin plasterers union ireland to see the latest, in theory a union is a good idea , but !

yeah mybe on ccredited trdaes specific rates as min wage for non trade as such labourers is 7 quid ours shoud be 14 15 qiud by law i mean every advert i see asking trades people
must have this must have that must be able do this then offer is 9 10 pound **** this we pay to get this and that nvq ect aspestoes awareness certs ect we pay for it we train for it we do years **** money training to learn goverment needs to do somthing

I despise the word union, unions are for your left wing do gooding loonies, if milliband gets in it's not a union we wil need it's the number for the dole office when they take us back into recession and bankrupt the country's, let's not forget they did the last time oh and the time before that.

The Ed miller band won't get in alone. I'm sure I heard it's not possible. There could be another coalition but with Labour and Conservative if labour get majority votes. Something to do with labour not having enough seats in parliament. Or I could just be spouting a load of crap.

Hi george I laughed when I heard your story , I'm based on Dublin and I know the guy who you are talking about, when things were good everyone paid the Union for peace and quiet, but the outcome was not what was expected. 3 million euro went missing from the union account , and two guys had to retire,
Google niall Irwin plasterers union ireland to see the latest, in theory a union is a good idea , but !

he ran off with the mony in the end maybe but who woudent have a go wat im saying is it did work for the time that i used it and my b with regulation it might work here
to be honest ireland is full of gangsters lol but i t might work here to im sure i wasnt the only spread short of work and got a helpin hand from the union
i was based in blanchered town for menonlly homes for about5 years all outside dash coins and patend revels did u ever come acrooss them?

But there's always some greedy sticky fingered fecker where there's money involved.

i hear wat u saying zombie but i seen job offers today for plasterer on gumtrre cos i recive on my emails for 7 50 n hour now y should warehouse worker get more than a self employed guy with van tools and tax to pay

The Ed miller band won't get in alone. I'm sure I heard it's not possible. There could be another coalition but with Labour and Conservative if labour get majority votes. Something to do with labour not having enough seats in parliament. Or I could just be spouting a load of crap.

It's looking like labour and the snp, so after voting to leave the uk they will end up ruling over the English, fooking disgrace

i hear wat u saying zombie but i seen job offers today for plasterer on gumtrre cos i recive on my emails for 7 50 n hour now y should warehouse worker get more than a self employed guy with van tools and tax to pay

To be fair gumtree is for your polish builders etc that are happy with that, I say don't like the rate of pay do not work for it simple

he ran off with the mony in the end maybe but who woudent have a go wat im saying is it did work for the time that i used it and my b with regulation it might work here
to be honest ireland is full of gangsters lol but i t might work here to im sure i wasnt the only spread short of work and got a helpin hand from the union
i was based in blanchered town for menonlly homes for about5 years all outside dash coins and patend revels did u ever come acrooss them?

I think it's the same site we worked on, more castleknock than blanchardstown , houses and apartments ,we did the cornices , crazy times

Typical Union , do as your told and join us or we will sabotage you, fu ck the union, Fu cking bullies

Last edited:
the formans name was tom mc gloughtlin somthin like that there was a gi[sy site near there

There was a tom madden , but quite a few different foremen , could be a different site,
Mennolly were all over the place , one of the biggest at the time,
Were you working direct for them or for a subby?

i was working for a subby they were the kenndy brothers tom and mick and young farmer called steven about 23 big tall f**k*r wet dash mad he was lol

Don't yee think h+s would have moreth to do with thee than trade union could do moreth with working for a shitteth wageth

talk about going full circle! there was union for plasterers in the 1960s. there was union sites where only union members could work on day rate, a rate that the union agreed plus tool money, a 42 hour week and 2 weeks paid holiday, and a few sick days.

i was on the lump, a lump sum for a house. no holiday pay no tool money no sick pay. but i would earn about 4 times the wages of the day worker. we did not need a union to negotiate on our behalf. that what it means to be self employed, you are on your own, no one is your master.
the surveyor who was on low wages and did not like to pay craftsmen the amount of money that they where earning. a load of idiots got involved and labourers and chancers jumped in and the targets just went down.

on union rates you will survive, but that is not living!

If it hadn't of been for trade unions we would still be sending kids up chimneys and pony's darnt pits seethee

Wrong Maggie shut down the mines remember so no need for coal so no need for chimneys, and funny how the country flourished once Maggie crushed the unions

it was not the labour party that got uk in financial trouble. it was tory bankers!

talk about going full circle! there was union for plasterers in the 1960s. there was union sites where only union members could work on day rate, a rate that the union agreed plus tool money, a 42 hour week and 2 weeks paid holiday, and a few sick days.
ok i her you
i was on the lump, a lump sum for a house. no holiday pay no tool money no sick pay. but i would earn about 4 times the wages of the day worker. we did not need a union to negotiate on our behalf. that what it means to be self employed, you are on your own, no one is your master.
the surveyor who was on low wages and did not like to pay craftsmen the amount of money that they where earning. a load of idiots got involved and labourers and chancers jumped in and the targets just went down.

on union rates you will survive,
ok i hear u but u earned 4 times the mony week in week out 52 weeks a year we can all earn 1000 a week for short periods not all year un less u have great contacts and consistant good prices im talkin 60 percent of spreads earn 500 600 week not cos their **** cios there norml some guys here earm 1000 1500 but not everyone wat im sayin is if everone ws similar wages according to skills nd exp y not do somthing try help the guys who are good tradesmen earn their fair share i can see some guys not understanding wat im trying to say we all havent got great contacts i no guys that are **** and earnin 1200 weekk after tax and great spreads struggi;ing for 500

Wrong Maggie shut down the mines remember so no need for coal so no need for chimneys, and funny how the country flourished once Maggie crushed the unions

thacher did not want any industry in the country, she wanted it to be built on finance and insurance, when that collapsed the uk was left with nothing.

thacher did not want any industry in the country, she wanted it to be built on finance and insurance, when that collapsed the uk was left with nothing.

Who uses coal in Europe ? Maggie see the future

ok i hear u but u earned 4 times the mony week in week out 52 weeks a year we can all earn 1000 a week for short periods not all year un less u have great contacts and consistant good prices im talkin 60 percent of spreads earn 500 600 week not cos their **** cios there norml some guys here earm 1000 1500 but not everyone wat im sayin is if everone ws similar wages according to skills nd exp y not do somthing try help the guys who are good tradesmen earn their fair share i can see some guys not understanding wat im trying to say we all havent got great contacts i no guys that are **** and earnin 1200 weekk after tax and great spreads struggi;ing for 500

no. we are self employed, we are on our own, it will be the fittest that survive! and it is more important to use their brains then their arms.
i have been self employed since 1968, i do not care about anyone else, if they cannot cut the mustard then they will fall by the wayside, we do not carry any dead wood.

ok i her you

on union rates you will survive,
That's life I'm afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.