Plasterers 1 Stop Shop - New Trowels - Reviewers required

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like a nice trowel but I could never get used to a trowel that wide for skimming,always used a 14x4 MT non stainless steel as I find the metal in the stainless steel trowels too hard and not great for "breaking in"

It's a sturdy enough trowel, quite robust, (German) but the handle took a bit of getting used to as it was slightly wider than I was comfortable with. (The feel is something between a plastic and the softgrip) It comes out of the van occasionally (usually for hardwall) but I still prefer my 11" carbon MT's for skimming and a Ragni for rendering work!
At the end of the day it's like most trowels it's down to individual preference really. I gave the supplier 4 reviews over 6 months, as I like to be fair to them :)

I cant get my head round how you use a trowel so small except maybe on floated work.
I use a 16 and 14 most of the time. I can see how you could use it after the second coat is firming up but not from start to finish.:)

How big is this thread already...............Cant see what all the fuss is about its just a new trowel......................:rolleyes)

I cant get my head round how you use a trowel so small except maybe on floated work.
I use a 16 and 14 most of the time. I can see how you could use it after the second coat is firming up but not from start to finish.:)

That's the size they were when I started mate, so it's what I'm comfortable with............. there weren't many choices then and when we were first introduced to bigger trowels they were referred to as "American trowels" :RpS_scared:

That's the size they were when I started mate, so it's what I'm comfortable with............. there weren't many choices then and when we were first introduced to bigger trowels they were referred to as "American trowels" :RpS_scared:

My old man was nearly 60 Al before he moved from an 11" to a 13".
He's now using a 14" s*p*r*lex. So by the time he retires next year he'll be nicking my 18". Lol

Are these similar to the s*p*r*lex? I would love to try one on mp finish/bg spray finish. Im also thinking they would be good on the pre mixed gear.

They do look like a quality trowel from the pics

Hi Mate,

Not the same as a s*p*r*lex, we have one coming out soon. These are the same as a MT etc

Morning Guys,

Just narrowing the names down for the reviews... Will post that shortly.

I have had quite a few questions about the trowels so will answer them now,

These new trowels are not to be compared to a s*p*r*lex. They are a new equivalent or better to a MT, Ox Trowel, Tyzack etc (We will have our own s*p*r*lex coming out soon so watch this space. Not the same as the EZE Flex - and not an Anne Summers handle!!!!)

There are 2 Handle options - Cork or Soft Grip, the Soft Grip is slightly bigger.

Sizes available once we put them to the market place: 11" x 4.75" - 12" x 4.75" - 12.5" x 4.75" - 13" x 4.75" - 14" x 4.75" - 14.8" x 4.75" - 16" x 4.75"

Cost: As I mentioned I don't want to reveal the cost just yet as they can always affect the review. We want the reviews to be based on the quality of the trowel - What I can tell you is that they will be a very interesting price!! Especially for the launch of them :RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks,

Ryan

Sounds good, was looking at Ox and MT (and Kraft). Don't think I'd ever buy a Tyzack again tbh but that's personal preference.
Cork sounds interesting.

The lucky lads selected to review the trowels are:
@Olican - @beddy - @bobby - @CTPlastering - @SpankySouthport
@UKPlasteringmachines - Facebook request
@Danny

If you could all email me your addresses so we can get the trowels sent out to you: ryan@pftcentral.co.uk

If you can get the emails to me by 3.00 you will have the trowel Monday, if not it will be Tuesday.

On your reviews please let us all know what you are using the trowel for. Also please be as honest as you can on the performance of the trowel. The price of these trowels will certainly be competitive to other manufacturers :RpS_thumbup:. Pictures and videos uploaded to Facebook or Twitter will really be appreciated!

Cheers,

Ryan

Last edited:
The lucky lads selected to review the trowels are:
@Olican - @beddy - @bobby - @CTPlastering - @SpankySouthport
@UKPlasteringmachines - Facebook request
@Danny

If you could all email me your addresses so we can get the trowels sent out to you: ryan@pftcentral.co.uk

If you can get the emails to me by 3.00 you will have the trowel Monday, if not it will be Tuesday.

On your reviews please let us all know what you are using the trowel for. Also please be as honest as you can on the performance of the trowel. The price of these trowels will certainly be competitive to other manufacturers :RpS_thumbup:. Pictures and videos uploaded to Facebook or Twitter will really be appreciated!

Cheers,

Ryan

arti's going to be gutted .... :-(

I would love to try something different. Just got another mt for breaking in. Think there sre others here that spread more than me as the venetian work is forever building up. That said if any venetian trowels come up for a test Id be interested

Fix!!! :RpS_sneaky:
Didn't want one anyway :rolleyes) :RpS_tongue:

Look forward to reading the reviews, especially for the cork handles. :RpS_thumbup:

I think it's funny cos I asked the other day whether it was the big boys who'll just get em......I'd of rather you be honest and say yes these are gettin em not register your interest for a cheap pr stunt .... hardly gonna make me use your shop now is it hahaha

I'd of been using marketing activities to keep existing customers happy coupled with bringing potential customers to your store off this forum alone........ sadly not and I'm only talking from a marketing view point. A pet hate so too speak from my past work

I think it's funny cos I asked the other day whether it was the big boys who'll just get em......I'd of rather you be honest and say yes these are gettin em not register your interest for a cheap pr stunt .... hardly gonna make me use your shop now is it hahaha

I'd of been using marketing activities to keep existing customers happy coupled with bringing potential customers to your store off this forum alone........ sadly not and I'm only talking from a marketing view point. A pet hate so too speak from my past work

Lol

Its only a trowel lads, dont get upset..lol... its german so will be decent quality, like I said before, the refina is the dogs, so cant see it being any better, who knows... see what the price is, the refina is 25 quid.. so will have to at least be the same price if not cheaper... enjoy your new trowels lads ..

Status
Not open for further replies.