New products - Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Members online

Prefer to staple on board or stick on overskim not getting straight edge out the van for skim beads.
Never used.an edge on them, just push with a bit of force don't even bash them, saves time for me but all and each to their own

They are skim beads, you are not putting any more skim on at all.

I use 2mm skim beads. They look like 5mm that's over dubble the skim. Plus when u go over 2mm with skim u don' get a good finish. Using them beads u are asking for ripples.

I use 2mm skim beads. They look like 5mm that's over dubble the skim. Plus when u go over 2mm with skim u don' get a good finish. Using them beads u are asking for ripples.
Which beads do you use mate?
The only ones I like are the Catnic Drywall.

These are the Same as any standard skim bead lol

Which beads do you use mate?
The only ones I like are the Catnic Drywall.

I don't know the make of them Andy I get them in my local hardware. They come wrapped in plastic. Mash ones. They have other ones that come in a box but they are s**t. I think they stopped getting them ones in. I'll be there tomorrow I'll have a look and see what brand they are.

I don't know the make of them Andy I get them in my local hardware. They come wrapped in plastic. Mash ones. They have other ones that come in a box but they are s**t. I think they stopped getting them ones in. I'll be there tomorrow I'll have a look and see what brand they are.
The ones that come in the cardboard box are a nightmare.

Anyway keef, when’s this de-skilling, game changing tool coming out? We’re half way through January. Time is money :D
Next month. @scottie5 has one at the moment. He is given it a good run out. He skimmed out a 3 bed house in a day and half. So it' looking good. He told us hes keeping it. The c**t. But I guessed that would happen lol. He said he has the feel of it now. So he reckons he will do the next plot in a day. Be interesting to see. He won't let me video him the c**t. Be good to see someone smashing out the house in a day.

Next month. @scottie5 has one at the moment. He is given it a good run out. He skimmed out a 3 bed house in a day and half. So it' looking good. He told us hes keeping it. The c**t. But I guessed that would happen lol. He said he has the feel of it now. So he reckons he will do the next plot in a day. Be interesting to see. He won't let me video him the c**t. Be good to see someone smashing out the house in a day.

:rolleyes:
Doubt it'll be our patcher.
You need to work on the name aswell cause neither Chancers choice or the Obama skim Laden sound quite right.

Will that trowel work with s&c and lime or is explicitly designed to support the G** section only

It's not a trowel. No just skim and airless

The simple ideas are the ones that are often overlooked.
To be fair it nearly makes finishing idiot proof, which is a good job really cause if I had a pound for every time I didn't really understand whats going on... id be American.

Am taking it to the airless day on Friday. So if any of u going yous can have a go of it. We are going to use it on mp finish and airless (y). Am going to take some to hand out. (y) have one for Danny to. Don't know what he will do with it tho lol.

Just looking at the picture of the hook on beads. Looks like a deep edge on it. Looks a lot more then 2mm. Looks like it's 5mm plus. U would get ripples in the skim at that depth. Plus use double the amount of skim needed. Think it's something u should look in to. Skim is 2mm to 3mm finish.

ive caught the hooks to many times on them beads.
rips the skin off ya hands.