Plasterers 1 Stop Shop - New Trowels - Reviewers required

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the black bit on the tang made of Ryan ? and will they be available in 16'' ?

cheers best mate,buddy...xxx

Sizes to be confirmed. I believe they will be: 12" 13" 14" and 16" making a special request for a 20" as well

Reviews to be done on here, if you want to do a Youtube Special Please do :RpS_thumbsup:

My old Tyzack Centenary is nearing the end of it's life and I hate the new Tyzacks now (as I'm sure you all know :rolleyes)), be interesting to know how these fair as I'm looking for something to break in. Not fishing for a freebie, nor do I expect one as I've been off-forum for a while. :RpS_thumbup:

Hmm must be some secret alloy then ryan :RpS_sneaky: u obviously cant say because it would be hard for you to kill every member on here lol

im interested if you want ryan ive got about 20 different trowels in my bag now but i do tend to use them all week to week either a different size suits a specific area or i just fancy giving a different trowel a run out for a day or two ive got mt, refina, shikkui, kraft (out on loan at the mo) and ox aswell as a plazzi all with differing handles, so ive got plenty of variety to compare them against:RpS_thumbup:.
the cork handle looks interesting only thing i would be worried about is after a while cork can go brittle and if its used alot it can go shiney and quite solid so it could end up either falling appart in your hand or just slipping about, is the cork treated in any way to protect it @Plasterers1StopShop ???

Last edited by a moderator:
im interested if you want ryan ive got about 20 different trowels in my bag now but i do tend to use them all week to week either a different size suits a specific area or i just fancy giving a different trowel a run out for a day or two ive got mt, refina, shikkui, kraft (out on loan at the mo) and ox aswell as a plazzi all with differing handles, so ive got plenty of variety to compare them against:RpS_thumbup:.
the cork handle looks interesting only thing i would be worried about is after a while cork can go brittle and if its used alot it can go shiney and quite solid so it could end up either falling appart in your hand or just slipping about, is the cork treated in any way to protect it @Plasterers1StopShop ???

Yes I was thinking about the cork handle myself, could be comfortable initially but after a while what would it be like?

Last edited by a moderator:
With regards to the cork it seemed to be the latest big thing in Germany. I will ask the manufacturers the question. The handle can be replaced quite easily but will get more info on it

Might be interested in trying one out but don't know if I could get on with the size as I use 11"

only time will tell it could be really comfy to start with then all end in tears after a couple of weeks especially if s/c-ing

20 trowels ?? you got a fetish mate..lol

20 trowels ?? you got a fetish mate..lol
i sees em i buys em, theres been numerous trowels reviewed on here over the years and if ive seen one ive bought one and given it ago they are all worn in some more than others, plus like i said i like a variety one week ill use just me s*p*r*lex next week a mt with wood handle week after mt with soft grip, rendering ill use my ox or usually my mt20, sometimes when troweling up on the last trowel ill use the shikkui, then obviously different sized ones to get in akward areas or the 20 to flatten quicker and such forth:RpS_thumbup:

they call me plant hire at work (to my face anyway) cos if someone needs something ive usually got a spare one knocking about haha

If I'm honest I'm not a great lover of the mt,I've borrowed a s*p*r*lex which I'm using ATM and think they are great,I was just about to buy the 12"" and 14 "" s*p*r*lex and also the refina plastering trowel, now, do I hold back and wait for the reveiws on this trowel,why is lift so complicated:)

Just had a Spread come into the shop picked one up and demanded he gets to trial one. He seemed very impressed. He has a day skimming tomorrow and will be bringing it back in the evening

i sees em i buys em, theres been numerous trowels reviewed on here over the years and if ive seen one ive bought one and given it ago they are all worn in some more than others, plus like i said i like a variety one week ill use just me s*p*r*lex next week a mt with wood handle week after mt with soft grip, rendering ill use my ox or usually my mt20, sometimes when troweling up on the last trowel ill use the shikkui, then obviously different sized ones to get in akward areas or the 20 to flatten quicker and such forth:RpS_thumbup:

Jace What's your verdict on the shikkui?.

Ryan ill gladly trial one and give an unbiased review, ive used Refina and Tyzack over the years and always gone back to Mt, i use 13" 14" and 18"

Cork handle looks different, and German made has got to be good, even if they did bomb our chippies :)

Jace What's your verdict on the shikkui?.

they are mustard for the final trowel mate, although the handle does take some getting used to you have to have the tang between your first and middle finger and for the first week it rubs like a goodun, but and its a big but it is very delicate your fine with beads but the gauge of the steel is very very thin.
i think youll like it scottie cos i know you like to try things but make a sleeve for it with some cordex or something other wise it wont last the van journey.
the blades are only stuck on the spine but i havent had a problem with it coming off, others on our firm have but they dont look after theres like i do mine.
i love mine.

they are mustard for the final trowel mate, although the handle does take some getting used to you have to have the tang between your first and middle finger and for the first week it rubs like a goodun, but and its a big but it is very delicate your fine with beads but the gauge of the steel is very very thin.
i think youll like it scottie cos i know you like to try things but make a sleeve for it with some cordex or something other wise it wont last the van journey.
the blades are only stuck on the spine but i havent had a problem with it coming off, others on our firm have but they dont look after theres like i do mine.
i love mine.
Where did you get yours from bud?.

Status
Not open for further replies.