Plasterers 1 Stop Shop - New Trowels - Reviewers required

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get yours from bud?.

claymonster, i was asking him for more ages and ages ago cos everyone on our firm wanted more and a few spreads that help us out from time to time i thing i was after like 12 more but he kept avoiding the question so i gave up

I would test run one for you Ryan. I have loads of trowels so a freebie is not needed, I can review and forward it on also

I wouldn't like to test one as I'm a compulsive liar and schizophrenic.
I would like to test one and will give an honest review.

The cork handle is interesting, I trialled one with a leather handle for a former sponsor :RpS_unsure:
I was hoping that it would kind of mold itself to the shape of my hand in time but it hasn't. It got me thinking about patenting 'moldable' handles for trowels but a quick search revealed that MT have got dozens of patents registered already, so the cork handle - being a natural product and therefore probably not patent-able - could be a kick in the nuts for MT's patents (IF it does mold to yer hand that is) :RpS_thumbup:

I wonder how they compare? :RpS_unsure:

how you find the r##### leather handle mate ?? I use the plastic handle and its good, was looking at the leather tho...

im interested if you want ryan ive got about 20 different trowels in my bag now but i do tend to use them all week to week either a different size suits a specific area or i just fancy giving a different trowel a run out for a day or two ive got mt, refina, shikkui, kraft (out on loan at the mo) and ox aswell as a plazzi all with differing handles, so ive got plenty of variety to compare them against:RpS_thumbup:.
the cork handle looks interesting only thing i would be worried about is after a while cork can go brittle and if its used alot it can go shiney and quite solid so it could end up either falling appart in your hand or just slipping about, is the cork treated in any way to protect it @Plasterers1StopShop ???

20 trowels jace, Im feeling Inadequate in the trowel dept now, last count was about 12 need to up my game.

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you think of the "former sponsors" trowel al??

how you find the r##### leather handle mate ?? I use the plastic handle and its good, was looking at the leather tho...

It's a sturdy enough trowel, quite robust, (German) but the handle took a bit of getting used to as it was slightly wider than I was comfortable with. (The feel is something between a plastic and the softgrip) It comes out of the van occasionally (usually for hardwall) but I still prefer my 11" carbon MT's for skimming and a Ragni for rendering work!
At the end of the day it's like most trowels it's down to individual preference really. I gave the supplier 4 reviews over 6 months, as I like to be fair to them :)

Last edited:
lol, I have 3 in my bag and think thats a lot.. 1 for skimming ( 16;; refina stainless ) 1 for rendering/floating/taping ( 14'' refina stainless) and a 14'' M/T ( WTF is that doing there ?? ) lol

It's a sturdy enough trowel, quite robust, (German) but the handle took a bit of getting used to as it was slightly wider than I was comfortable with. It comes out of the van occasionally (usually for hardwall) but I still prefer my 11" carbon MT's for skimming and a Ragni for rendering work!
At the end of the day it's like most trowels it's down to individual preference really. I gave the supplier 4 reviews over 6 months, as I like to be fair to them :)

cheers mate, mine has the blue handle and is fine, was just wondering about the leather handle, mind you there 15 quid dearer, just for the leather handle...

lol, I have 3 in my bag and think thats a lot.. 1 for skimming ( 16;; refina stainless ) 1 for rendering/floating/taping ( 14'' refina stainless) and a 14'' M/T ( WTF is that doing there ?? ) lol

Same here, Tyzack Centenary double tang for skimming, crappy Tyzack for render/floating and a Ragni for dot n dab

Would just like to thank Andrew and Ryan for all their professional help have bought machines from them in the past and always had fantastic after sales support , we recently bought a new machine from another supplier and have not had the same support won't be making that mistake again thank you once again Andrew and Ryan looking forward to our ongoing relationship

I use my MT for all internal and external laying on, and finish int final skim with s*p*r*lex or sometimes a plazi but they feel a bit fragile compared to the MT. So if you want me to give your German trowel a good beasting on loads of outside render and inside skim i am doing then i will let you.
Ive got a good dictionary too so i can use big words in the review :RpS_wink:

Ill give it a whirl as I could do with a new trowel and I'm a tight ar se, but the best bit is if I like ill then pay for it :-0

Seriously though would be good to see a greater choice of decent metal trowel hopefully this could be a contender ....

They look OK to me and thank god not those awful dildo handles like on the flex trowel you sell!!?? At 14" I'd rule myself out to test as bit small for me as used 16" for ages and comfortable with that look forward to hearing the lads reviews tho :RpS_thumbup:

Yes please! because my skills need some Germanic affirmations and your skills needs my hand to grip it :RpS_w00t: ah go on, go on, go on.

They look OK to me and thank god not those awful dildo handles like on the flex trowel you sell!!?? At 14" I'd rule myself out to test as bit small for me as used 16" for ages and comfortable with that look forward to hearing the lads reviews tho :RpS_thumbup:

marshy how many dildos have you had in your hands :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.