ocassional ripples...s*p*r*lex

Take my criticism how you want it, I supervise a gang and that would get picked up. I'm sorry
So your the leader of a gang !???
download (66).jpg

At the end of the day all that is needed is a flat strong trowel that is broke in, no need for all the flexible and plastic stuff, nothing has changed regarding finishing plaster so why should the trowels? I've heard it's better for the joints and muscles but having a good system is far more important and also knowing how to plaster instead of relying on a tool then blame the tool is a bit of a joke. The plastic is just to impress an idiot with a shine and that's it, I know plasterers and have seen them using the plastic to make it shine but they don't trowel anything up or get anything out they are to soft. The only plasterer I have seen using a flexible trowel his work was very poor and full of fat marks once it had dried and he used it from start to finish.

I know lads who use a mt and plastic together....homemade plastic before every trowel.
Amazing results at a unbelivable speed.

I know lads also who just use speed skims and flex trowels with quality results and again fantastic speed.

I also know handsome brickies drunk plumbers and filthy sparks and im not G**....but who really cares at 37 im half way through my life.
Long live kfc

The problem out with what trowel you use is lighting.fact is whatever lights we have doing the work are most likely not there in position when painted.
Spotlights,up lights,down lights etc,,, have you noticed how fierce cool white led bulbs are on new plaster especially under kitchen units.if they are not in during plastering it can look like a dogs dinner.
As said before mt for me.

Take my criticism how you want it, I supervise a gang and that would get picked up. I'm sorry

Would get picked up? The top pic is when he's just got the F*****g thing on, first flatten, I thought that much is obvious.
No wonder you supervise.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't own a s*p*r*lex....but have an old grey speedskim and a plazi 14 not the sponge style..

Sometimes go through spells of tennis elbow and have had mixed results using plazi using from the wet trowel stage onwards...

I'm assuming its similar feels great on the body and no use of water but like others have said caught in some critical light and can be an eye opener...

After Xmas break been back on my mt flawless but foook me don't half feel it on the body at day end...

I also think like many have said timings and backings etc have to be caught bang right where as with mt etc got more tolerance...

However foook me flynny how do you trowel up from start to finish with a 20" ss trowel???

Would get picked up? The top pic is when he's just got the F*****g thing on, first flatten, I thought that much is obvious.

How u keeping Kieran.

I don't own a s*p*r*lex....but have an old grey speedskim and a plazi 14 not the sponge style..

Sometimes go through spells of tennis elbow and have had mixed results using plazi using from the wet trowel stage onwards...

I'm assuming its similar feels great on the body and no use of water but like others have said caught in some critical light and can be an eye opener...

After Xmas break been back on my mt flawless but foook me don't half feel it on the body at day end...

I also think like many have said timings and backings etc have to be caught bang right where as with mt etc got more tolerance...

However foook me flynny how do you trowel up from start to finish with a 20" ss trowel???
Have done for the last ten years :)

The problem out with what trowel you use is lighting.fact is whatever lights we have doing the work are most likely not there in position when painted.
Spotlights,up lights,down lights etc,,, have you noticed how fierce cool white led bulbs are on new plaster especially under kitchen units.if they are not in during plastering it can look like a dogs dinner.
As said before mt for me.

I skim morris homes for last 6 months all the kitchens have them lights them little horrible halogen lights battering down the walls and ceilings ......after about 30 houses done ive only been pulled on petty things ...usually snots and not using oxford systems.

I really couldnt give a fuuck if they told me to leave site.....as im only making someone rich ...if I left and went somewhere else im only making someone else rich.

I only use mt for coating.

He could at least post odd iffy wall!!!...gets me bloody down wunt mind but every sets about foookin 50m plus as well!!!:cry:

You

can still see it though???? Every picture and its over polished........ Sand paper please!

Scotty work looks gud I'm on about a certain light shining against ur work which u cnt c in pics but looks gud..wish I never joined this thread mite do myself out of it lol..different strokes for different folks

Scotty work looks gud I'm on about a certain light shining against ur work which u cnt c in pics but looks gud..wish I never joined this thread mite do myself out of it lol..different strokes for different folks
Hope you slept well,dreaming of ripples.(y)

Can't believe some of the comments on this thread, shining halogens down a wall?
Using satin paint?
Even BGypsum will tell you that you are not supposed to do either of these!!

I dont wanna risk trying any other flexi trowels now dude, itll haunt me for life! Im happy with standard MT, these gimmicks are getting out of hand in my opinion!

As far as some spreads flattening with the flexi and getting good results, I think its more of a case they are un aware of how inferior the quality is they are leaving! My work looked great, until certain light caught it, but its rare I get to see my work painted and finished so it was months after use I realised how s**t these trowels are!
Well said
The guys selling these trowels are doing well that's for sure
I'll still to my Marshalltown thanks

Can't believe some of the comments on this thread, shining halogens down a wall?
Using satin paint?

Not saying hallogen lights kev I'm with u on that 1 me personally I'm on about sun light etc

Nothing wrong with sharing opinions of experience's alot of people don't even do that

Last edited by a moderator:
Using satin paint?

You tell that to a customer after spots have been installed after plastering,I know fine well what bg say about installation it's in their literature.
The point I'm making is their is variables to what the product looks after new lighting is installed in that thread.
Being .do this for too long to know that.

Nothing wrong with sharing opinions of experience's alot of people don't even do that
I know plasterman but u just get caught into it and b4 I know it I've been on forum 2 hours lol..proper addictive wen u get caught in a thread lol..fck knws how I passed time b4 forum only been on a few months must of played with kids more b4 lol

Passes time mind sat in a centre watching lad kickboxing whist a costa caramel latte in 1 hand and tpf in the other..better than reading newspaper eh