ocassional ripples...s*p*r*lex

Eze spat only apart from troweling in angles using a Refina Superted
My mate flex who i work with says anyone else say a bad word about him he'll rip there flipping legs off

WP_20151127_11_48_04_Pro.jpg

f**k me you all need to get a but of a grip. Its a hand applied finish, you get imperfection at times. It doesn't matter if you use a MT, SF, SS or ET's f**k**g magic finger.

No trowel is a magic wand so if ur not happy with ur finish f**k it off. Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finished this wall with the refina s*p*r*lex. It had sun light shining down it. It looked OK. Was back on the job after it was painted and there was a light shining down the wall. The wall looked s**t. I get on with the house owner. If am going past I'll get a picture of the wall painted.
image.jpg

I did a decent size wall over day give it 2 speedskims,1 mt,1 nela then a dry nela..was bob on flat as fooookkkk
That is how i use my nela kitchy just at the end. When i have used the refina mark 1 i also flattened the final lines out before cross trowel with marshalltown or the refina. This was only because at the time maybe 2 or 3 years ago i was getting inconsistent differences in colour and was convinced the multi and board finish was the problem as ive had consistently good results with refina for years. Im working in a carbon marshalltown along with my well broken in and trusty stainless marshalltown at the moment but just final finishing with nela but as others have said there probably is no need.

So its not possible to lay on and finish flat with a flat, and straight as fook s*p*r*lex.
This can only be acheived with a bent like a rats back mt.
Sounds more like operator error than a problem with the s*p*r*lex.
Laid on and finished with a s*p*r*lex.
Screenshot_2015-10-03-11-18-33.png
Screenshot_2015-12-05-07-50-37.png
Screenshot_2015-12-05-07-53-14.png

U cant flatten with sf its a fact..i thought mine looked great til about 2 months ago I wud of argued with any1 saying nah u must be s**t I can flatten only saying this as u mention uve heard plasterers say there can flatten with 1..that nela mark 2 is a class finishing trowel I luv it its miles better than refina but like u say its a finishing trowel wen ur walls flat we give it a speedskim rule and mt then a nela now and finish is flat n no ripples! Shud put on box warning not for flattening lol..

Maybe ....but good with speed skim I couldnt care less want anyone else says I make a good living out of it.

Timings right its not rocket science

Theres a difference between a light shining down a wall.....and the light creating a shadow.

The shadow is the killer

So its not possible to lay on and finish flat with a flat, and straight as fook s*p*r*lex.
This can only be acheived with a bent like a rats back mt.
Sounds more like operator error than a problem with the s*p*r*lex.
Laid on and finished with a s*p*r*lex.
View attachment 9199 View attachment 9200 View attachment 9201
I can honestly say I never laid on and flattened with supaflex Scottie I didn't even know it was possible..looks good no doubt.
Is it all on boards?

At the end of the day all that is needed is a flat strong trowel that is broke in, no need for all the flexible and plastic stuff, nothing has changed regarding finishing plaster so why should the trowels? I've heard it's better for the joints and muscles but having a good system is far more important and also knowing how to plaster instead of relying on a tool then blame the tool is a bit of a joke. The plastic is just to impress an idiot with a shine and that's it, I know plasterers and have seen them using the plastic to make it shine but they don't trowel anything up or get anything out they are to soft. The only plasterer I have seen using a flexible trowel his work was very poor and full of fat marks once it had dried and he used it from start to finish.

Its often the case when we cant do something no matter what it is ? We often dismiss it as rubbish or cant be done !!?? Then people come along using new stuff who can ! and its easy to be negative and jealous etc some of you lot may need to know/recognise your limitations etc for example put the best pair of football boots on the world you will never be a Ronaldo or Messi !! HERE ENDETH THE LESSON

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with anyone, all I am is a price work site slasher but I always get paid.
I always get my retention payments and am seldom out of work.
No trowel has ever left a poor job on its own..
its always down to operator error in my opinion.

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with anyone, all I am is a price work site slasher but I always get paid.
Your work is top notch mate credit where its due

I finished this wall with the refina s*p*r*lex. It had sun light shining down it. It looked OK. Was back on the job after it was painted and there was a light shining down the wall. The wall looked s**t. I get on with the house owner. If am going past I'll get a picture of the wall painted.
View attachment 9197

f**k it. Am blaming the painter lol

But am good at pissing

i use mt for everything and sometimes use a plazi or supeflex makes no differance what anyone uses as long as job is decent and clean