ocassional ripples...s*p*r*lex

Members online

No members online now.
Couldn't of Said it better myself..well put..sf leave a nice feel finish but its Ripley underneath no matter how many pics get up there is riples underneath wen a certain light hits it and I dnt mean hallogen lights
R u the ripple police :tarjetaroja:

R u the ripple police :tarjetaroja:
Could be :)
image.jpg

I've said before its all down to technique not the trowel, one of the biggest wastes of energy I've seen off other plasterers is flattening their roughing on coat before they lay down. Doing that on every wall over thirty years has got to be worse than using a bigger trowel or even just a normal plastering trowel and worse on the joints.
Not with speed skim brother...1 minute for every 10 m2

Cmon marshy speedskims are awesome..
Sorry pal rather than leave you with a negative to your profile i think they are shite but only used the cavity closer grey blades and believe they are bettsr now but the eze kicks ass its an awesome bit of kit :birra:

Speedskim blue blade mint for flattening dosent bring any fat to the top like metal does imo But saying that there is that many new fukin devices out now just for skimming it's getting mind boggling

Sorry pal rather than leave you with a negative to your profile i think they are shite but only used the cavity closer grey blades and believe they are bettsr now but the eze kicks ass its an awesome bit of kit :birra:
Lol that's y I didn't leave a negative for ur profile marshy..u put 2 many tits n milfs on to be leaving ur profile with negatives lol

Speedskim blue blade mint for flattening dosent bring any fat to the top like metal does imo But saying that there is that many new fukin devices out now just for skimming it's getting mind boggling
It is getting a bit stupid me n mate was on about it other day we've got that many gadgets now its getting out of hand

The speedskim is an awesome tool for flattening which is why I'm struggling to understand how some people then manage to put ripples back in to the skim with a s*p*r*lex after knocking it down flat with a speedskim?.
It's operator error with the trowel pure and simple.

correct Scottie once we've flattened it off leave it a good 10/15 mins give it a one trowel comes up lovely like you say we've already eliminated any ripples as such I never get em it's plain sailing after that

Any1 got new speedskims? Wats difference like apart from being gold or sumat? I know there cum with blade protectors which shud of been a given on 1st design the wankers nitemare trying to make sure there have a nice spot in van where there not guna get fcked

Any1 got new speedskims? Wats difference like apart from being gold or sumat? I know there cum with blade protectors which shud of been a given on 1st design the wankers nitemare trying to make sure there have a nice spot in van where there not guna get fcked

They're not real gold but are still the nuts.
20151124_183921-1.jpg

Easiest way to protect them.
20140831_141452.jpg

Spat protection either the aluminum shotgun case ^^ under the rod bag if you dont mind about looking like a hitman/briefcase w@nker, or correx and some duct tape.
Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-39-09.png

They're not real gold but are still the nuts.
View attachment 9306

Easiest way to protect them.
View attachment 9307

Spat protection either the aluminum shotgun case ^^ under the rod bag if you dont mind about looking like a hitman/briefcase w@nker, or correx and some duct tape.
View attachment 9310
That a refina scoop ladel in background!? Want 1 of them aswell but rnt shelling out £80..is the blade different then on new speedskims or is that just protector?

That a refina scoop ladel in background!? Want 1 of them aswell but rnt shelling out £80..is the blade different then on new speedskims or is that just protector?

The gold speedskims were a limited edition thing for Christmas the blue blades in them are identical.
There's a new sf metal tipped blade which is the pink one which like the spat I don't get on with.

The refina scoop is like 50 odd quid and it'll last forever.
So when you divide 50 odd quid by forever it makes it practically free.

The speedskim is an awesome tool for flattening which is why I'm struggling to understand how some people then manage to put ripples back in to the skim with a s*p*r*lex after knocking it down flat with a speedskim?.
It's operator error with the trowel pure and simple.

I think that may be the case... always playing with it :D

I've said before its all down to technique not the trowel, one of the biggest wastes of energy I've seen off other plasterers is flattening their roughing on coat before they lay down. Doing that on every wall over thirty years has got to be worse than using a bigger trowel or even just a normal plastering trowel and worse on the joints.

never heard so much bollox in my life...sometimes I flatten sometimes I don't all depends on background

putting to much on and chasing work is what kills the spread

its also down to timings and pressure you use to trowel up I think... for example a weeks rendering is bliss for me 2 walls skimming and I get every ache going

maybe im just a freak???

never heard so much bollox in my life...sometimes I flatten sometimes I don't all depends on background

putting to much on and chasing work is what kills the spread

its also down to timings and pressure you use to trowel up I think... for example a weeks rendering is bliss for me 2 walls skimming and I get every ache going

maybe im just a freak???
Lol it's f**k all to do with the background if you rough on flat as, you don't need to flatten its that simple

The gold speedskims were a limited edition thing for Christmas the blue blades in them are identical.
There's a new sf metal tipped blade which is the pink one which like the spat I don't get on with.

The refina scoop is like 50 odd quid and it'll last forever.
So when you divide 50 odd quid by forever it makes it practically free.
I've got the pink speedskim dont like it myself its in garage absoloute dog s**t waste of money