ocassional ripples...s*p*r*lex

Members online

infinityluke

Hi guys new to forum been a spread 7 years been using refina s*p*r*lex 2-3 years. I use it from start to finish but on the odd occasion on board ceiling i get the occasional ripples shud i be laying on with my steel first ?? Cheers luke

We supply a competing s*p*r*lex-ible trowel from NeLa, within the range we also do the MediFLEX which has the same type of blade and degree of Flexibility as Refina.

We always advise laying on with a ridgid trowel, such as the Premium or a MT and also flattening with these. Therefore, only using a MF or SF type of trowel to finish with. The MF has less flexibility compared to the NeLa SF so can also be used for flattening.

Any trowel with any degree of FLEX will only follow contours and glide over bumps, its wont flatten them.

As @dsdave says, that is the best procedure.

Let us know how you get on with that mate :numberone:

Hi guys new to forum been a spread 7 years been using refina s*p*r*lex 2-3 years. I use it from start to finish but on the odd occasion on board ceiling i get the occasional ripples shud i be laying on with my steel first ?? Cheers luke

If your using sf to coat with its gonna loose its shape ...try using outside of the trowel on the ceilings ( just walk them)

Think @flynnyman use's Refina 20 inches..he be good to advise you

Welcome to forum
Vince

I agree amt.put a four bag mix on 7.30 this morning,it was just changing colour at 1pm,boards are as damp as chuff

I just put shitters up em and say ur plastering will crack as its 2 hot there's nowt worse Than skimming in a house wen every radiator is on..be alright wud tradesmen in my house as I'm a rite tight b*****d wen it cums to banging heaters on

F*****g 200 degrees in stooopid fewkin customers house today nearly stripped down to my pants to catch a 20m lid...

Can't foookin win can yer in this game!
Always strip down to me pants if it's hot or cold just feels more free when I'm skimming,lol

7 years and your asking this question ? Then on your next ( 2nd btw ) post you have purchased 2 new Nela trowels lol, now I'm not exactly Columba but

Cheers guys will give it a go just ordered the nela premium and nela s*p*r*lex will let u no how i get on
I have taken stage fright from that nela s*p*r*lex,once the sun hit one wall and I used it for last hit,will try it out again but I ain't convinced yet.hope I eat my words.
The trowel is like Dracula afraid of the light.:p

I have taken stage fright from that nela s*p*r*lex,once the sun hit one wall and I used it for last hit,will try it out again but I ain't convinced yet.hope I eat my words.
The trowel is like Dracula afraid of the light.:p
Just shut the curtains/blinds.
:rolleyes:

Its ok with natural light I think its just wen u shine a light against it or down it..i will never ever ever flatten again with a s*p*r*lex

7 years and your asking this question ? Then on your next ( 2nd btw ) post you have purchased 2 new Nela trowels lol, now I'm not exactly Columba but

I preferred Quincy to columbo, but I get where your coming from.

Diagnosis murder was another favourite! But how can you use a s*p*r*lex for 2-3 years right through out the set and not realise that something wasn't right?

Angela Lansbury @Kitchy.
Now if I were ever at a party or gathering and she appeared, I'd get the f*ck outta there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk