multi problems (tearing/striping)

Hi all, thank you for letting us know.

Apologies for the delay in our response on here.

In order to investigate thoroughly we need to know which batch(es) this affects. If you have any problems with any of our Plasters, please send us the following:

· A picture of the batch code (on the side of the bag above the use by date)

· Your location (town)

· A contact number

To thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com

We can then investigate further.
@BritishGypsum I'll give your technical people a call next week, or is there someone better to talk to?

We shall investigate then tell u we are all wrong we are all in hard water areas buckets ain’t clean we doing job wrong ect reading off a script basically it’s a nationwide problem so it’s not going to be the same batch surely

We shall investigate then tell u we are all wrong we are all in hard water areas buckets ain’t clean we doing job wrong ect reading off a script basically it’s a nationwide problem so it’s not going to be the same batch surely
Well I'm going to talk to them anyway.
I said to my son just this morning that someone needs to use the term ''not fit for purpose' with them, that person will be me next week.

Well I'm going to talk to them anyway.
I said to my son just this morning that someone needs to use the term ''not fit for purpose' with them, that person will be me next week.
Not sure if you can use the sales of goods act as I bet they will refer to it’s a natural material and have probably got some get out clause it isn’t one batch it’s the whole set up I bet changes have been made to meet green credentials additives have been replaced with another ect because 10 year ago you knew what you was getting now it’s a gamble every bag but like many say they won’t admit a problem your get some waffle and that will be that

Not sure if you can use the sales of goods act as I bet they will refer to it’s a natural material and have probably got some get out clause it isn’t one batch it’s the whole set up I bet changes have been made to meet green credentials additives have been replaced with another ect because 10 year ago you knew what you was getting now it’s a gamble every bag but like many say they won’t admit a problem your get some waffle and that will be that
Well I've now had a PM from BG so I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt for now.

It dont really matter what they say multi is horrible to use , every day is a guessing game .

Well to be fair I did soften that up from what they actually said, coz you're a mate and all.
You have fell into the trap that your gonna be the man to solve the problem I hope when the abuse comes your way that your input had no bearing on a multi billion pound company you take it like a man or go cry in a corner, I admire your spirit though almost as brave as Vince promoting uni finish

You have fell into the trap that your gonna be the man to solve the problem I hope when the abuse comes your way that your input had no bearing on a multi billion pound company you take it like a man or go cry in a corner, I admire your spirit though almost as brave as Vince promoting uni finish
No one is going to solve the Multi problem IMO. If they wanted it to be better it already would be. Same as Knauf and their finish.
There's something much bigger going I reckon, maybe spray plaster?

No one is going to solve the Multi problem IMO. If they wanted it to be better it already would be. Same as Knauf and their finish.
Wouldnt surprise me if that pure finish became popular (if it's as good as people say) so people use the dear stuff over the shite cheap stuff . Slowly getting rid of multi and getting more cash for summet that prob costs same to produce .

I’m laying my bets on ignore you see how multi was made 10 years ago from quarry to factory and additives to bag the process has probably changed and that why it’s so inconsistent very rarely in past would you hit a crap bag, I reckon that it’s not grinded for as long not mixed with additives as long as it was before maybe it has changed with all the legislation now what with green targets emissions and cost of an additive it’s safe to say as a business they would have to tweak here and there and keep costs down not that it matters to them as it’s just passed onto us,as crazy as I might sound it’s the only logical explaination I can come up with not unless the gypsum they are mining isn’t as good as it was 10 years ago and the deeper they have got

Love
Inspector pagey

Wouldnt surprise me if that pure finish became popular (if it's as good as people say) so people use the dear stuff over the shite cheap stuff . Slowly getting rid of multi and getting more cash for summet that prob costs same to produce .
Pure finish is really nice to use I don’t believe all the bollox on the bag just know it’s nice to use

Hi all, thank you for letting us know.

Apologies for the delay in our response on here.

In order to investigate thoroughly we need to know which batch(es) this affects. If you have any problems with any of our Plasters, please send us the following:

· A picture of the batch code (on the side of the bag above the use by date)

· Your location (town)

· A contact number

To thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com

We can then investigate further.
@BritishGypsum....the problem is you want a batch number etc like it's an isolated incident with 1 pallet or a few bags you bought at b and q , the point most are trying to make is that recently all bags you buy are a battle to finish and are inconsistent ... I did an artex room a few days ago over two days with bags bought at sperate times. Walls had thistle bond it on them. 1 finished it 2.10 went like chewing gum almost instantly and rock hard in the bucket after 40 mins....next day 3.15 striped terribly and greasy as anything was still usable in the bucket after over an hout

I’m laying my bets on ignore you see how multi was made 10 years ago from quarry to factory and additives to bag the process has probably changed and that why it’s so inconsistent very rarely in past would you hit a crap bag, I reckon that it’s not grinded for as long not mixed with additives as long as it was before maybe it has changed with all the legislation now what with green targets emissions and cost of an additive it’s safe to say as a business they would have to tweak here and there and keep costs down not that it matters to them as it’s just passed onto us,as crazy as I might sound it’s the only logical explaination I can come up with not unless the gypsum they are mining isn’t as good as it was 10 years ago and the deeper they have got

Love
Inspector pagey
I think that part of the problem is completely the opposite of what you said and that the stuff is just too fine.
Years ago you couldn't just blend the gear into a finished area, it was just too coarse. This stuff is more like Easifil.
I think that the fact it's so fine is why it shrinks back so quickly from beads or tapered boards. Just no 'body' to it.

Think nearest Leeds lol
I’m in London we got a pukka place was called Atkins but now a ccf in Wandsworth every type of plaster or anything plastering related is in there from casting to finishes to bagged renders they even let @gps in there at times

I bought a pallet and all I can use it for is first coats because it's so horrible to finish so I have to keep buying more gear so I can top coat over the garbage I've got in my garage

I think that part of the problem is completely the opposite of what you said and that the stuff is just too fine.
Years ago you couldn't just blend the gear into a finished area, it was just too coarse. This stuff is more like Easifil.
I think that the fact it's so fine is why it shrinks back so quickly from beads or tapered boards. Just no 'body' to it.
10er says I’m right!!!! What about then if your finding that that maybe it’s less gypsum and it’s being made up to weight with other stuff hence all the problems bit like cocaine they mix the life out of that or so I’m told so the real product is being lost, if that makes sense they would never admit to a failure,but I think I’m pretty close to what is happening

I’m in London we got a pukka place was called Atkins but now a ccf in Wandsworth every type of plaster or anything plastering related is in there from casting to finishes to bagged renders they even let @gps in there at times

Our friend on the gate treats me like royalty

It's just s**t in every way now doesn't feel right when mixing, on hand board whilst applying etc....

As for trowelling up f**k me it's like every set/job is a challenge as to how to finish and if your going to get paid or not!

Was thinking earlier today f**k me don't know how I would train someone up from scratch on how to use there product as I do t even know myself after 20yrs now!

The only thing that I will say in there defence is that you really notice how bad it is in winter as your using artificial lighting also the cold makes it sag even more around beads and frames!

It's just s**t in every way now doesn't feel right when mixing, on hand board whilst applying etc....

As for trowelling up f**k me it's like every set/job is a challenge as to how to finish and if your going to get paid or not!

Was thinking earlier today f**k me don't know how I would train someone up from scratch on how to use there product as I do t even know myself after 20yrs now!

The only thing that I will say in there defence is that you really notice how bad it is in winter as your using artificial lighting also the cold makes it sag even more around beads and frames!
I done a bit over sand cement today and I’m a bit of a strange man or so I’m told as I rub mine up on internals like I would render then devil float it it went really weird over it today haven’t had that for a long time so I got it there and left for a while cleaned up then gave it a real hard trowel looked alright but was a lot of effort it’s like if you get pimples I was taught to stop going over it and they will come out eventually which they do I get what your saying about teaching someone back in days when I was on site it was 3 trowels on a hit and always looked good now it takes much more than that and find it frustrating when you get black spots where it’s gone off but right next to it is still wet i question my ability at times but always stuck to how I’ve been taught and how most work the process is the same Just we all have little things we have adapted some I’ve took off some I know some I’ve tried and haven’t worked for me, this game is hard enough plus we are world renounced for being the biggest moaners ever apart from @Vincey,I don’t think anything is gonna change well it will but for the worse

I done a bit over sand cement today and I’m a bit of a strange man or so I’m told as I rub mine up on internals like I would render then devil float it it went really weird over it today haven’t had that for a long time so I got it there and left for a while cleaned up then gave it a real hard trowel looked alright but was a lot of effort it’s like if you get pimples I was taught to stop going over it and they will come out eventually which they do I get what your saying about teaching someone back in days when I was on site it was 3 trowels on a hit and always looked good now it takes much more than that and find it frustrating when you get black spots where it’s gone off but right next to it is still wet i question my ability at times but always stuck to how I’ve been taught and how most work the process is the same Just we all have little things we have adapted some I’ve took off some I know some I’ve tried and haven’t worked for me, this game is hard enough plus we are world renounced for being the biggest moaners ever apart from @Vincey,I don’t think anything is gonna change well it will but for the worse

Classic supply & demand!

They have all the demand and all the supply chain...why the f**k should they care!

If I was the only plasterer in England I'd be on a grand a day and put it on with a sweeping brush!

If I'm honest I'm surprised it's not £100 a bag I mean if it were what could we all do...

Sweet f**k all!!!

Classic supply & demand!

They have all the demand and all the supply chain...why the f**k should they care!

If I was the only plasterer in England I'd be on a grand a day and put it on with a sweeping brush!

If I'm honest I'm surprised it's not £100 a bag I mean if it were what could we all do...

Sweet f**k all!!!
They don’t care mate that’s the problem it’s same s**t everytime when there is a problem cos they know we have no other options they ask for batch numbers but us on here are spread out over country all having same problems so it’s more than a batch