multi problems (tearing/striping)

Members online

- Get paid well with Minimal effort
- Leave a perfect finish every time
- can’t remember the last time I had to call out for work

Your right, absolute b*ll***s [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m open to ideas, why do you think the one coat sponge method would be better? What’s the theory mate?

Arrrgghhhh.

One coat. Speedskim. Flexi trowel.

That Welsh t**t.

I listened to him once and had to do it all again.

- Get paid well with Minimal effort
- Leave a perfect finish every time
- can’t remember the last time I had to call out for work

Your right, absolute b*ll***s [emoji1360]

Don’t take it personally. Just a bit of banter :guitarra:

I seem to only get stripes when using the marshalltown start to finish.
The shite gear works for me when I get progressively more flexible...ie. marshalltown first flatten, then mediflex and finish with s*p*r*lex.

I seem to only get stripes when using the marshalltown start to finish.
The shite gear works for me when I get progressively more flexible...ie. marshalltown first flatten, then mediflex and finish with s*p*r*lex.
Also found the same mate, finishing with a plazzi seems to work for me.

So in summary;
There are lots of experienced plasterers, with many decades of successful skimming between them, struggling to achieve what they consider a good standard of finish and trying all sorts of different methods to that end.
Meanwhile the company, that by its own admission, is an effective monopoly where finish plaster is concerned, don't even have the decency to chip in with any method suggestions or an explanation of why their product has become so poor compared with those of the past.
Shame on you @BritishGypsum , shame on you!

So in summary;
There are lots of experienced plasterers, with many decades of successful skimming between them, struggling to achieve what they consider a good standard of finish and trying all sorts of different methods to that end.
Meanwhile the company, that by its own admission, is an effective monopoly where finish plaster is concerned, don't even have the decency to chip in with any method suggestions or an explanation of why their product has become so poor compared with those of the past.

[emoji1373][emoji1373][emoji1373]

It's been streaky stripey dog s**t for a few months now...I been finishing with a plazzi, the only thing ive found that doesn't tear it when it goes like chewing gum

So in summary;
Well said

Suppose that’s the thing with them having the monopoly on finish. They don’t really have to give a fook while there’s no competition o_O

So it’s not just external factors like my job where the weather and damp plasterboards are playing their part, in general the plaster also seems to be at fault perhaps. In my opinion the best place to get multi from is b and q because it’s stored in a nice warm warehouse and has a very quick turnaround so fresh bags are put on the shelf daily.

So it’s not just external factors like my job where the weather and damp plasterboards are playing their part, in general the plaster also seems to be at fault perhaps. In my opinion the best place to get multi from is b and q because it’s stored in a nice warm warehouse and has a very quick turnaround so fresh bags are put on the shelf daily.
Got to agree with you mate. I don’t go in b&q that often but when I do pick some gear up from there I must say the bags are nice and dry and it’s always fresh.

Bloody expensive now though bud

Bloody expensive now though bud
The tradepoint card isn’t worth a wank these days, for my own jobs rgb in Torquay is great. Interline are hard to fault but I haven’t got a credit account with them.

Got to agree with you mate. I don’t go in b&q that often but when I do pick some gear up from there I must say the bags are nice and dry and it’s always fresh.
Old jewsons branch in Torquay, shed was always leaking the bags used to get wet and also the pigeons lived in there and would s**t over everything.

The tradepoint card isn’t worth a wank these days, for my own jobs rgb in Torquay is great. Interline are hard to fault but I haven’t got a credit account with them.

Old jewsons branch in Torquay, shed was always leaking the bags used to get wet and also the pigeons lived in there and would s**t over everything.

How much do you pay in rgb out of interest?

How much do you pay in rgb out of interest?
They were competitive because the Torquay branch has recently opened and they would be keen for business, can’t remember what my rates are but they were the best for me. Interline in Paignton are good they open up at 7am , found Interline in Torquay a bit clicky and they never do any favours on price unless you’re brutally rude with whoever serves you. If they don’t recognise you they will do their best to rip you off.

It’s that time of year again cold and damp working on a house that has just got ply over the front and back door . I’m thinking too much moisture soaked into plasterboards, first coat hanging greasy when flattened in, second coat after ages of waiting around for first coat to pick up, start trowelling and it starts striping like the second coat is just setting naturally but not pulling in to the wall, like moisture is coming through from behind the skim? Or it starts tearing aswell. After getting the spray bottle or wet brush to prevent tearing I’m effectively wetting down an already greasy wall, bloody nightmare had it numerous times before (normally this time of year) what’s going on and how to overcome it? After nearly four hours polish up with a plazzi to wipe off remaining moisture. Still got skimming from Monday that hasn’t dried out yet. Got loads of lights and I’m confident it will be ok when it finally dries but it’s a ball ache to achieve a decent finish.
I had this yesterday til I had to rush to the hospital with my little girl I got the ceiling on and it was hanging around on first coat for ages then put second coat on and gave first trowel it was hanging again but as I went round on second trowel I would do a sweep then for about two widths of a trowel it was pulling in but go across again and it was still wet made it double hard to finish wasn’t even a big ceiling and not a flash set either just a bizarre set it looked alright to be fair but hate it when it’s problems out of your control

I will say and this is no lip service kissing arse @superspread has never put any water on his work on wets his trowel and some of the stuff is a fair size think though he just keeps going and don’t count how many times he been over it like some do and when i did site work we was 3 trowels all the time but it’s horses for courses I suppose

I will say and this is no lip service kissing arse @superspread has never put any water on his work on wets his trowel and some of the stuff is a fair size think though he just keeps going and don’t count how many times he been over it like some do and when i did site work we was 3 trowels all the time but it’s horses for courses I suppose
Best plasterer(Though not quickest) I.ve worked with never used water .

Best plasterer(Though not quickest) I.ve worked with never used water .
He don’t hands down mate I question his methods but that’s honest just keeps going when I started with him and was let on small stuff all I remember him saying was as long as you up down left to right your find a way from that that suits you and I still do that til this day I like to keep in a system I’ve worked with blokes who don’t seem to have a system and trowel a bit here bit there and to me they look like they don’t know what they doing

He don’t hands down mate I question his methods but that’s honest just keeps going when I started with him and was let on small stuff all I remember him saying was as long as you up down left to right your find a way from that that suits you and I still do that til this day I like to keep in a system I’ve worked with blokes who don’t seem to have a system and trowel a bit here bit there and to me they look like they don’t know what they doing
Yeah he is a bit anal with it. I.m like are you done..... I.ll just give it one more . Prob a bad move me worki g with him as he only guy I thought I want to be like that so threw my system out. And it's only guy who I can say when I check his work I cannot find one fault with 100 percent perfect.............

Yeah he is a bit anal with it. I.m like are you done..... I.ll just give it one more . Prob a bad move me worki g with him as he only guy I thought I want to be like that so threw my system out. And it's only guy who I can say when I check his work I cannot find one fault with 100 percent perfect.............
And I’ve looked for fault and pisses me off when I can’t find one lol

I totally agree with the system you mention but never using water doesn't make anyone 'better' or 'cleverer', there are times when water just helps, no question.
You are supposed to leave a matt finish and dry troweling just won't give you that under certain circumstances.

I totally agree with the system you mention but never using water doesn't make anyone 'better' or 'cleverer', there are times when water just helps, no question.
You are supposed to leave a matt finish and dry troweling just won't give you that under certain circumstances.
It' all bout the timing IMO.

So in summary;
Thank god I closed my window...... couldn’t listened to all this, it boils my s**t when someone mentions multi :rolleyes:

It’s not dry troweling as such , I’m keeping my trowel wet with my brush on every pass , throwing water on wet plaster is when you start leaving fatty trowel marks , as long as your on top of it there’s no need to throw water at a wall