multi problems (tearing/striping)

I used to use minimal water, but I need to spray or wipe the wall with the brush to avoid the tiger stripes and tearing. It was just one degree this morning and the skimming from last Monday still isn’t dry.

It’s not dry troweling as such , I’m keeping my trowel wet with my brush on every pass , throwing water on wet plaster is when you start leaving fatty trowel marks , as long as your on top of it there’s no need to throw water at a wall
I can't ever remember throwing water at wet plaster or at any stage of working on board work. Laying a brush onto plaster as it's firming up is a whole other matter.
I also keep my trowel clean so as not to be pushing fat all over the place.

Throwing water at wet plaster is like throwing 10er for John’s lottery- someone else will benefit , but not you! Two balls left by the way :D

It’s not dry troweling as such , I’m keeping my trowel wet with my brush on every pass , throwing water on wet plaster is when you start leaving fatty trowel marks , as long as your on top of it there’s no need to throw water at a wall
I use brush on wall . Think I only done 3 sets ever when I not used water just cant catch it right.

Did a set today curved wall over some bonding coat in places, Pva’d the entire wall even the plasterboards. Not a single stripe or tear to be seen. It’s 100% the cold damp boards. Good old pva.

Did a set today curved wall over some bonding coat in places, Pva’d the entire wall even the plasterboards. Not a single stripe or tear to be seen. It’s 100% the cold damp boards. Good old pva.
So we haven't been working over cold, damp boards for the last thirty odd years without issues?
Is it so long since you've used decent gear that you can't remember what it's like?
Setting used to be a piece of cake, not a battle.

So we haven't been working over cold, damp boards for the last thirty odd years without issues?
Is it so long since you've used decent gear that you can't remember what it's like?
Setting used to be a piece of cake, not a battle.
It was a bag out of the same batch previously but yeah definitely plasterers been working through cold winters and damp houses for time and had no problems before.

Ha used it today . First time for ages . Have to say I had to go over it alot of time before I was happy

Ha used it today . First time for ages . Have to say I had to go over it alot of time before I was happy
I'm going to give That pure finish ago Pete uses it and says it's nice, can't take anymore multi

In end today it looked like Freddy and wolverine had been having a wank with me wall. Though they won' need to buy a mirror

We had a BG rep out recently to have a look at a pack of boards that were 6-8mm out of square on the ends.
Guess what we were checking their squareness the wrong way.
We were using a square on the ends of the boards, silly us, of course the correct way to check for squareness is to measure the boards diagonally from corner to corner! If both diagonal measurements are within 6mm of each other, then that's acceptable. So, as I said to the rep, the boards could actually be parallelograms but pass for squareness. What a shower of shite BG are, they don't even understand how their own materials have to be used.

It really is a shame they aren’t more involved on the forum, I think the daily abuse would be too much for them though.

We had a BG rep out recently to have a look at a pack of boards that were 6-8mm out of square on the ends.
We were using a square on the ends of the boards, silly us, of course the correct way to check for squareness is to measure the boards diagonally from corner to corner! If both diagonal measurements are within 6mm of each other, then that's acceptable. So, as I said to the rep, the boards could actually be parallelograms but pass for squareness. What a shower of shite BG are, they don't even understand how their own materials have to be used.

That's a F*****g disgrace!

Stupid bastards . Everyone knows you just blame floor or ceiling

We’ve been putting half a bag of halftime in a 3bag mix then the other half in the second coat mix. Seems to go down a lot better in these temps with soggy boards. Give it a whirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheap in Homebase
ad4a4c795b44ee224a06666e46086c8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, thank you for letting us know.

Apologies for the delay in our response on here.

In order to investigate thoroughly we need to know which batch(es) this affects. If you have any problems with any of our Plasters, please send us the following:

· A picture of the batch code (on the side of the bag above the use by date)

· Your location (town)

· A contact number

To thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com

We can then investigate further.