How are the cheapys fending?

Members online

I.ve been cutting through last few weeks. On bike . Bottom bit of foot path from pagnel . Then up that hill to clayton. Think that's nice bit

yeah its not bad, same as any areas good parts and rough parts, as a youngster spent a lot a of time walking to and through Clayton. There has been a lot of money spent lately, medium sized site half way to completion
pity I've moved lol :inocente:

I started reading this thread a few nights ago & got to about page 4 of the same few calling those working "pieces of shite" as well as the usual Tory bashing bollox. At this point I glazed over, and still haven't read the rest ... I will at some point.
What their bigotted minds can't grasp is we are all different;
We work differently.
We have different minds.
We have different home lives.
We live in different areas.

With the way British Gypsum have operated with supply in recent years I always keep plenty of gear in reserve.
When things started getting serious, I started ramping up stock a little at a time, food and beer included.
When Italy went into lockdown I had a load delivered at an empty property.
By that sunny weekend before lockdown (when everyone went on a weekend jolley) I was off grid, keeping out of the way of the great unwashed.
Sure enough, the very next day Boris put the UK in a state of lockdown, but excluded those that can't work from home.
Now, he could have included everyone except emergency staff, in which case I would have had a few grand tied up in gear with a shelf life & no idea if it will end up in landfill this time next year.
And wouldn't everyone think "what a prat" should that (still) be the case.

Just to clarify, I am one of those selfish pieces of shite .... but hear me out!

Week one I was rendering on my own the outside of a mansion set in 37 acres of parkland.
Week two I self isolated in an empty property and saw not a soul all week.
Week three I was working at home, doing my walk, and standing on my little square on the Sainsbury's car park, and came into contact with dozens of people.
Last week I was on a job with 2 lads on an isolated house re-build in a rural village.
Yesterday I worked and saw nobody. This morning I have walked the dog and come across man, many joggers, cyclists and walkers.
Next week I'm back with the same 2 lads and plan to see nobody else all week.
Customers are pushing hard to move the job on with kitchens, bathrooms etc still on track for the summer.

I think that a bit of foresight, planning and investment put me in a good place to see this crisis through in the safest way possible.
When the lockdown ends, I plan to slip away somewhere very remote for a few weeks to leave the rabble fighting over the crumbs that British Gypsum trickle out, should they decide to even go back then.
I predict 1 month of empty plaster sheds after lockdown ends?
So this is when the furlough payment will kick in for me.

So onto government payments - "Dunno really" not something I've thought about?
But I would imagine to be at the higher end of the furlough grant. So 80% taxed at 40% still won't be life changing, and if it pays a lump off my July tax bill .... so what?

I have worked in this trade for over 30 years and the money has only ever flowed one way - I have taken not one penny out.

Just the musings of someone trying his best to keep things ticking over, keep sane, and most of all safe.

2 men for 2 days to board and skim a little ceiling? What a great thread :LOL:

Well done, a lot of guys never had the opportunity to do what you done.site bashers here in scotland were shut down before england by wee krankie.great foresight they had no choice.leave the rabble over the crumbs,that is abit of a statement that is.
You sound like a f**k yous im alright.

Well done, a lot of guys never had the opportunity to do what you done.site bashers here in scotland were shut down before england by wee krankie.great foresight they had no choice.leave the rabble over the crumbs,that is abit of a statement that is.
You sound like a f**k yous im alright.

Sorry if that's how it comes over fella!

As I said, I do try to keep a months gear in stock due to supply issues.
I am presently selling my supply at cost to the builder just to keep the job going.

If you could have got a pre warning from Nicola so you could prepare for the next few weeks, would you not have done the same?

And it will be like a rabble fighting over crumbs - Trust me on that!

Sorry if that's how it comes over fella!

As I said, I do try to keep a months gear in stock due to supply issues.
I am presently selling my supply at cost to the builder just to keep the job going.

If you could have got a pre warning from Nicola so you could prepare for the next few weeks, would you not have done the same?

And it will be like a rabble fighting over crumbs - Trust me on that!
I do have a supply,but i decided to not work that was my choice.
I deemed my work not essential in my opinion.as soon as bg said they were closing and some merchants open you could see supply issues coming.getting paid not that it covers earnings to stay at home is a safer option for me and family.
Only reason i see anyone working is they have no cash now to get by and i understand it.only each individual knows their own circumstances.
Some who can will work and then claim the money from hmrc,double whammy.
We know that.

I started reading this thread a few nights ago & got to about page 4 of the same few calling those working "pieces of shite" as well as the usual Tory bashing bollox. At this point I glazed over, and still haven't read the rest ... I will at some point.
We work differently.
We have different minds.

With the way British Gypsum have operated with supply in recent years I always keep plenty of gear in reserve.
When things started getting serious, I started ramping up stock a little at a time, food and beer included.
By that sunny weekend before lockdown (when everyone went on a weekend jolley) I was off grid, keeping out of the way of the great unwashed.
Sure enough, the very next day Boris put the UK in a state of lockdown, but excluded those that can't work from home.
Now, he could have included everyone except emergency staff, in which case I would have had a few grand tied up in gear with a shelf life & no idea if it will end up in landfill this time next year.

Just to clarify, I am one of those selfish pieces of shite .... but hear me out!

Week one I was rendering on my own the outside of a mansion set in 37 acres of parkland.
Week three I was working at home, doing my walk, and standing on my little square on the Sainsbury's car park, and came into contact with dozens of people.
Last week I was on a job with 2 lads on an isolated house re-build in a rural village.
Yesterday I worked and saw nobody. This morning I have walked the dog and come across man, many joggers, cyclists and walkers.
Customers are pushing hard to move the job on with kitchens, bathrooms etc still on track for the summer.

I think that a bit of foresight, planning and investment put me in a good place to see this crisis through in the safest way possible.
When the lockdown ends, I plan to slip away somewhere very remote for a few weeks to leave the rabble fighting over the crumbs that British Gypsum trickle out, should they decide to even go back then.

But I would imagine to be at the higher end of the furlough grant. So 80% taxed at 40% still won't be life changing, and if it pays a lump off my July tax bill .... so what?

I have worked in this trade for over 30 years and the money has only ever flowed one way - I have taken not one penny out.

Just the musings of someone trying his best to keep things ticking over, keep sane, and most of all safe.

You my hero!

Yes you are correct,my point is you could work all through lockdown and say you didnt,any earnings you make undeclared. Lock down is reason you never worked.
I know but there sort of want you to work,hence why there have said that,carry on working and you can still claim etc,f**k knows why it's stupid I dont agree with it.if u mean cash in hand,who declares that anyway in best of times,any monies in bank needs to be declared

I know but there sort of want you to work,hence why there have said that,carry on working and you can still claim etc,f**k knows why it's stupid I dont agree with it.if u mean cash in hand,who declares that anyway in best of times,any monies in bank needs to be declared
Some people only work on cash only,when accounts are submitted the whole of lock down you declare nothing, though you worked it,cash stuck under plant pot no tax paid.hmrc aint gonna say why you no income,,, i was on lockdown.
Accountant aint gonna question it.

Thing is uve got numptys up n down the country out in force today cycling,jogging,sunbathing,taking family for a lovely stroll,picnics on the grass in groups,and people on here are calling lads who are going to work scabs 4 earning money and there more than likely practicing social distancing when not at work etc.its all bolloxs..its people who are out and about today are miles worse in my opinion,needs to be a total lockdown..Italian style

Thing is uve got numptys up n down the country out in force today cycling,jogging,sunbathing,taking family for a lovely stroll,picnics on the grass in groups,and people on here are calling lads who are going to work scabs 4 earning money and there more than likely practicing social distancing when not at work etc.its all bolloxs..its people who are out and about today are miles worse in my opinion,needs to be a total lockdown..Italian style
That is the problem,half lock downs are open to abuse,mis interpetation,,,etc,,,

We work differently.
We have different minds.

Funniest post I’ve ever read lmao.

Let’s all bow down to the master of lockdowns and plastering

We work differently.
We have different minds.

I got to 4th paragraph. I.ll read rest another time lol

Short version please

I just passed local pond , 20 fishermen having a barbecue whilst having a bank tidy up

Use to walk past this pond @essexandy and climb the willow trees to look down on the carp monsters ( don't fish myself ) , lovely to watch
One early evening I thought they had been poisoned , all up against one bank splashing around , assumed later this was spawning as none dead next day ?

Funniest post I’ve ever read lmao.

Let’s all bow down to the master of lockdowns and plastering
Lol what a joker.
Bit I enjoyed most "I think that a bit of foresight, planning and investment put me in a good place to see this crisis through in the safest way possible." By going to work with 2 other blokes. Muppet

How many more people are going to justify working because it's safer than going to the supermarket?

Lol what a joker.
Bit I enjoyed most "I think that a bit of foresight, planning and investment put me in a good place to see this crisis through in the safest way possible." By going to work with 2 other blokes. Muppet

How many more people are going to justify working because it's safer than going to the supermarket?
Maybe he couldnt wait on pay out or is over the threshold.

Maybe he couldnt wait on pay out or is over the threshold.

Lol what a joker.

Couple of my mates still working say that to me , “you got more chance getting in supermarket” lol Maybe but your doing both you silly bastards LMAO.

The I’ve got materials and I’ll let people fight over crumbs lol crease up..

I got 25 bags of dura on one job and pallet of multi on other could care less about them tbh.

More important things then powered in bags , numbers in a account and pushing s**t up walls..

This place man, plasterers are f**k**g self indulgent wankers, wish I wasn’t associated with the trade

Couple of my mates still working say that to me , “you got more chance getting in supermarket” lol Maybe but your doing both you silly bastards LMAO.

The I’ve got materials and I’ll let people fight over crumbs lol crease up..

I got 25 bags of dura on one job and pallet of multi on other could care less about them tbh.

More important things then powered in bags , numbers in a account and pushing s**t up walls..

This place man, plasterers are f**k**g self indulgent wankers, wish I wasn’t associated with the trade

Are you on your period!

Said it from the beginning this year is basically a right off for many reasons. Work for us will probably start back early July...but as everything will be phased it may still be hard to get hold of materials...

think a few on here need to relax mate.
everyone getting wound up over nothing.

hows zombie this fine evening (y) (y)
I'm surprised the majority on here aren't getting wound up this afternoon tbh, the Tory's giving out free internet, think that was Corbyns idea aswell?

I'm surprised the majority on here aren't getting wound up this afternoon tbh, the Tory's giving out free internet, think that was Corbyns idea aswell?

I couldnt care less
dont even know what Tory means
or labour

what's a Corbyn mate

I've no idea
I dont wanna know (y) (y)
I wont be poisoned by it all.