How are the cheapys fending?

Members online

Just go down side of shed
1587153456124.jpeg

I scrim and fill the joints as well the day before 9 times out of 10 the boards never fit flush , so I feather out ( giving my secrets away now:rolleyes:)
What a f**k**g faff you’re doing a job twice!! If you was any good you would do all that on the same day.

f**k it I'm going for 3 days :bananahappy:

Day 1-tools out of van,sheet up,talk shite for abit to client
Day 2-have a brew and chat s**t,take boards upstairs as it's clearly a upstairs ceiling,1 at a time 6x3s,have another brew then board it go home

Day 3
Skim it,sheets up and get payed..no brew today as time is money

I ain’t telling porkies, sometimes 10 Mm, sometimes 6 Mm, but I like to get that all done out the way the day before if possible
I ain’t saying you’re telling porkies mate, we all work in different ways, but to me that’s just a proper faff pva’ing the next day. Time is money!

We have some experienced contractors on here...and we all know the wheat from the chaff...I had a lad in once to do a ceiling...he did it in 10 hours board and skim including picking up materials...but my god was it rough as f**k...I had to redo it and replace carpet.

- Old dusty sheets covered in black ash lime mortar on a cream carpet
- No protection on the stairs just wiped feet on dust sheet before leaving room
- no lab
- mixed up in the room dust all over house
- didn't bother locating joists just gestimated...
- screws all over the place wherever he could get a fixing joist or lathe didn't give a s**t
- massive gaps between boards
- didn't stagger one of the joints
- ceiling line f**ked didn't bond out and straighten it up-
- forgot to scrim one joint
- finished the wavy ceiling with a plastic trowel...tiger stripes in a couple of places
- stains on carpet..plaster on walls and snots on skirting boards
- foot prints all over driveway
- had an attitude with the customer...told me they didn't feel comfortable with him in the house

£300 he charged me I thought nice one will make a tidy profit here how wrong was I!

Last edited:
We have some experienced contractors on here...and we all know the wheat from the chaff...I had a lad in once to do a ceiling...he did it in 10 hours board and skim including picking up materials...but my god was it rough as f**k...I had to redo it and replace carpet.

- no lab
- screws all over the place wherever he could get a fixing joist or lathe didn't give a s**t
- finished the wavy ceiling with a plastic trowel...tiger stripes in a couple of places
- had an attitude with the customer...told me they didn't feel comfortable with them in the house

£300 he charged me I thought nice one will make a tidy profit here how wrong was I!
I know exactly mate !!!

Not at 55 it ain’t , fu ck the money, I’d rather have 2 comfortable days! I’ve done all thst chasing 30 years ago
Poncing about hanging a job out pva’ing lol. Trust me I’d do a proper job, but I’d rather move on to earn again on the next one, I just love the spondoulics! :bailando:

- no lab
- had an attitude with the customer...told me they didn't feel comfortable with him in the house

Park life

We did 2 in oxspring . Lounge and a box room. In a bungalow . Nice low ceilings . I think we got 400 . Lad 120 me 280 . We were done early ish though . But wouldnt get that in thurnscoe . No offence @puddove xxx

Non taken john--------------------- but you might have to look over your shoulder :inocente: lol

Non taken john--------------------- but you might have to look over your shoulder :inocente: lol
I.ve been cutting through last few weeks. On bike . Bottom bit of foot path from pagnel . Then up that hill to clayton. Think that's nice bit