checkatrade numpty

I came into plastering so I could be my own boss. Checkatrade and the like seem to me to be a virtual boss.... No thanks.

Exp
Read the other threads on it explanation is all there from those that have been assessed for very little time with no end product shown.
Explain the assessment you went through before you were deemed competent enough to start buying leads?

Lucky you have somewhere to sleep,I'm under my dust sheets with the dog,back of a cold van,cold beans,cold toast,condensation dripping down,that's cold too,still could be worse

Exp

Explain the assessment you went through before you were deemed competent enough to start buying leads?

This isn't about me or schemes I may or may not be on or use, it's about the legitimacy of the "certified plasterers scheme" where by an assessment is carried out, no end product having been seen and as said by one member you are then deemed the uks best plasterer it's this that makes it a joke and causes it to be mocked, it was allegedly free then transpires only the first 100

This isn't about me or schemes I may or may not be on or use, it's about the legitimacy of the "certified plasterers scheme" where by an assessment is carried out, no end product having been seen and as said by one member you are then deemed the uks best plasterer it's this that makes it a joke and causes it to be mocked, it was allegedly free then transpires only the first 100
You keep knocking it though but you use something similar but less stringent yourself, forgive me for being confused on the matter

You keep knocking it though but you use something similar but less stringent yourself, forgive me for being confused on the matter

Forgiven lol..

That's the thing you say less stringent. Try signing up for one, I'm sure you would find it a simpler process with the British gypsum scheme.

:hola:

IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG

:banda:

Forgiven lol..

That's the thing you say less stringent. Try signing up for one, I'm sure you would find it a simpler process with the British gypsum scheme.
I done ratedpeople five years ago and if my memory serves me right they only took basic details from me, no site visit and no actual communication with anyone, just entered details online. I'm no massive bg fan as my previous posts will show but I can't see how you can slate this scheme so much. I'm sure if I went into the t and c's of the websites you use they would be similar to bg's. having someone visit your site and check your work out can't be a bad thing imo and if it's the manufacturer doing it then surely things are going in the right direction or am I missing something here?

I done ratedpeople five years ago and if my memory serves me right they only took basic details from me, no site visit and no actual communication with anyone, just entered details online. I'm no massive bg fan as my previous posts will show but I can't see how you can slate this scheme so much. I'm sure if I went into the t and c's of the websites you use they would be similar to bg's. having someone visit your site and check your work out can't be a bad thing imo and if it's the manufacturer doing it then surely things are going in the right direction or am I missing something here?

Checking what work though ? Most on here will testify it's a brief visit where no end product was seen

Did you get any part of your work checked for the sites your on?

So someone sees me mix up and lays on half a wall, can they honestly say I'm the best uk plasterer ?

I joined my builder in 2008 I think and rated people in 2007 which I no longer use, I use mybuilder when nice profitable jobs come up. In 2008 no real checks were carried out but I know for a fact it's not so easy joining now

So someone sees me mix up and lays on half a wall, can they honestly say I'm the best uk plasterer ?

I joined my builder in 2008 I think and rated people in 2007 which I no longer use, I use mybuilder when nice profitable jobs come up. In 2008 no real checks were carried out but I know for a fact it's not so easy joining now
I agree the assessor should see finished work, did with me but if he never saw someone's finished he should not be passing them. Who was it that the assessor never saw finished work?