Your Vans and what you drive

Nice one, What specs yours FreeD? You done anything to it?

Nah it's a 100, standard specs 2012, might put some basic alloys on it as I keep on losing the caps. I was going to get a sport but I'm glad I didn't now, spend the money on a nice car instead ;)

How about yours? Looks like the Trend.

Nah it's a 100, standard specs 2012, might put some basic alloys on it as I keep on losing the caps. I was going to get a sport but I'm glad I didn't now, spend the money on a nice car instead ;)

How about yours? Looks like the Trend.

It's a 140 limited edition. (y)

Nice, not many of them around in black...any points yet? ;)

Theres a guy on Youtube that re mapped a 140 and got it up to 180 I think

Think there was 200 made.
Nah no points I stick to the speed limits :)

I'll have a look at that

Just picked up another van after the brakes went on my little corsa van.

Nothing special but its excellent for me

WP_20150920_007.jpg

Only been and bought a new shape Transit!! Can't f**k**g believe it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You won't regret it mate. I did the same and went from VW and I love the tranny. Nowt wrong with them. 12 year anti corrosion warranty too

Only ever had Transit's, smiley then mk 7 260 85ps still got that give it my dad, got a transit custom limited L2 H2 and transit connect limited lwb high roof. Good value for money and the parts don't have yours pants down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an old 03 dispatch, badly rusted so had to scrap it, haven't bothered getting a new one yet, wouldn't pay, working to someone, I'll get fuel covered but wonder pay me to buy a van, basically to be used by my employer. If want to take own my own work I'll buy one. Cheap one though to start off again. Want a new car so it's the priority atm and I'm really tempted by bmw 318 or 320 lol, prob better with a Vw Passat or volvo s40 or s60 with the wee man n that, but by f**k the beamer is tempting me. Be bit of an upgrade from the skoda fabias and astras I've been used to driving :lol:

It's really immasculating I'm sure, but I looked at a Nissan eNV200 which is an electric van! 150 mile range, great warrenty and basically costs 2p per mile in fuel. Hard to beat that. Plus if you're lazy or a bit of a cripple like me it's an automatic. Starting at £17k new, plenty of really low milage ones starting at £10k.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's really immasculating I'm sure, but I looked at a Nissan eNV200 which is an electric van! 150 mile range, great warrenty and basically costs 2p per mile in fuel. Hard to beat that. Plus if you're lazy or a bit of a cripple like me it's an automatic. Starting at £17k new, plenty of really low milage ones starting at £10k.

They're a great bit f kit if you're doing short stop/start journeys. As soon as you have to do a journey of any length, or away from a city or motorway they're not going to work. Horses for courses I guess.

I have spoke about these in another post. As imagio says great for short journeys but I know a sparky who is busy making a 50 mile extension cord for his :sick:

They're a great bit f kit if you're doing short stop/start journeys. As soon as you have to do a journey of any length, or away from a city or motorway they're not going to work. Horses for courses I guess.
Would you consider one if there was enough recharging stations dotted around the country?

The combustion engine will be finished in another generation, as the technology becomes cheaper and more available for other sources.im replacing my last old transit next month if it was feasible and cost effective to get an electric Ford custom I'd be getting it.

T

There's charging points in Holland every 50m apparently just read it yesterday, almost unbelievable tbh
Is it still true that there is more of a carbon footprint left in creating the electric cars as there is in running normal car/van in its lifetime, or was that a bullshit rumour I've heard and believed

Would you consider one if there was enough recharging stations dotted around the country?

Yes, although I'd much prefer a petrol/electric hybrid or better still hydrogen powered.

Considering that high speed broadband still hasn't reached many rural locations, I can't see full EV charge point coverage happening anytime soon.

Is it still true that there is more of a carbon footprint left in creating the electric cars as there is in running normal car/van in its lifetime, or was that a bullshit rumour I've heard and believed

It's absolutely true, and the battery replacement cycle takes it higher still.

Yes, although I'd much prefer a petrol/electric hybrid or better still hydrogen powered.

Considering that high speed broadband still hasn't reached many rural locations, I can't see full EV charge point coverage happening anytime soon.
My Friend works in one of the power companies, apparently for the last few years they been planning to have a network of charge stations ready for the electric car generation

It's absolutely true, and the battery replacement cycle takes it higher still.
Then what's the whole big push about? Is it because the oil will be unsustainable? Save the planet by wrecking it more, doesn't really make sense....

Saw a documentary recently. Electric cars that don't need to be plugged in, just park them over a docking pad thing that is plugged in.
And then some university in France has put loads of them in the road surface...so the car charges as it drives......knocking on the head the low range issue.......I'm sure this will be the future.....