Why not spray domestic

Members online

read that ,but have YOU done or seen it sprayed ?
I know the process of skimming and how a machine works but don't see the benefit off spraying it in someone's house. Skimming with a handboard and trowel is not hard if you know what your doing I think using a machine is complicating the process. I've always said if your rendering they are a god send but still don't see the advantage with skimming.

I know the process of skimming and how a machine works but don't see the benefit off spraying it in someone's house. Skimming with a handboard and trowel is not hard if you know what your doing I think using a machine is complicating the process. I've always said if your rendering they are a god send but still don't see the advantage with skimming.
Dont get me wrong ,i see your point ,but after seeing one spray set ,i was impressed tbh

also Rory ,the hard work in plastering is getting it on ,and with spraying it ,easy to teach a lad while the skilled person carries on
Come off it kieth it's not hard work its part of the process and your not teaching a kid anything at all if anything dumbing them down. If your going to teach a kid how to plaster spraying finish on is a backwards step.

Here Plasterman i think it would be a lot easier with the A pump to mix it instead of mixing in buckets.Ill try anything on my own with the pump but I've had it for years and am comfortable using it let me know if the pic loaded took me ages to chop it out of a video

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-02-05-19h25m25s507.png
    vlcsnap-2016-02-05-19h25m25s507.png
    402.2 KB · Views: 347
Hand application of finish plaster is a skill, the placement of material in the first instance is critical, if you want to be a profitable plasterer, put on tidy and when the other wankers are struggling troweling up you're done already. Worked with fast and slow fellas but the placement is crucial in doing less and gaining more whether that be earlier home time or more money depending on preference. G4 Ritmo Zp3 for large quants of material, or any mixer pump made by whoever as long as it is efficient.

Come off it kieth it's not hard work its part of the process and your not teaching a kid anything at all if anything dumbing them down. If your going to teach a kid how to plaster spraying finish on is a backwards step.
I was not talking about teaching someone , been there done that ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the ZP3 ? I am very keen to find out if you get the EWI set you can use it for thin coats too. I see you can use it for non bagged s&c or I am delusional ?

From what ive seen on all the videos when someone's spraying it looks slower than applying by hand.
Agree with you mate, I would put myself against any guy with a machine start a full house each and I guarantee I would finish first. As I've said before machines are for renders and backing coats. Skimming is easy.
Time you have set your machine up I would of laid on 4 bags, then you have to clean the machine after each mix while your walls are going off. It does not work in my eyes and if it did there would be lots of guys on here me included raving about how good it was

Agree with you mate, I would put myself against any guy with a machine start a full house each and I guarantee I would finish first. As I've said before machines are for renders and backing coats. Skimming is easy.
Time you have set your machine up I would of laid on 4 bags, then you have to clean the machine after each mix while your walls are going off. It does not work in my eyes and if it did there would be lots of guys on here me included raving about how good it was
Never mind the taping up and taping down, and all the problems in between, also a water supply, its got to be quicker mixing by hand with a whisk and less stress, oh and people forget about the noise these f**k**s make.

Water supply is no different, in fact it can be easier cos you haven't always got to carry Buckets,bags and mixer upstairs.
Takes a minute to mask a window.

Water supply is no different, in fact it can be easier cos you haven't always got to carry Buckets,bags and mixer upstairs.
Takes a minute to mask a window.
What about the ceiling, skirting, architrave, patio doors and windows oh and maybe a fireplace or even a cornice?

I wouldn't bother buying a machine to spray finish unless you have a lot of commercial work,site work
I have a few guys working for me and find it easy just to let them skim out site houses by hand,I can leave them too it with no stress
If you can get say a eze for a couple grand and you have big runs of work then crack on
Plasterman I would'nt bother

Nice one vince, you are having a go which im not suprised at and as you say you are taking on board what all the lads have said (except flynny of course :)) I recon that the machines will get smaller and lighter and more powerful over next ten years.

Nice one vince, you are having a go which im not suprised at and as you say you are taking on board what all the lads have said (except flynny of course :)) I recon that the machines will get smaller and lighter and more powerful over next ten years.
Lol plenty with machines have said its not worth it even the people who sell the machines, but maybe in ten years lol

Has anyone had experience or know anything about the Wagner machines? I've been offered to buy a cheap plascoat pc3, all I want is for it to spray bucket coats 1.5mm looks like it would do the job ok without a big outlay for a big machine! Seen a few videos of it on YouTube but not really seen any reviews

Has anyone had experience or know anything about the Wagner machines? I've been offered to buy a cheap plascoat pc3, all I want is for it to spray bucket coats 1.5mm looks like it would do the job ok without a big outlay for a big machine! Seen a few videos of it on YouTube but not really seen any reviews
You may get a better response if you start a new thread in the machine section.

sprayed multi finish today and like the guys say it was very messy gets it on quick but it was very wet to trowel in then machine jammed up and had all the hastle of rushing trying to clean out pipes and machine whilst worrying about celling and then having to get another coat on then whilst cleaning machine we had one hell off a mess taking it apart with half a hopper full i would definatly not do domestic its bad enough on site

I don't think it would work for domestics but a refurb might do. Just get some MP finish from SIG... not multi.
For me the hardest part is getting the material from bucket to wall.
Endless trips up and down the hop up does my body no good day in day out.
Even if a machine is a bit SLOWER surely its easier on the body?

That's me f**k*d then!
Not necessarily ceevee, I forgot about this thread...in February I sent email to bg to book a day training on there thistle spray training day I'd like to try it to see how it is but was cancelled due to ill health...should be doing it this month instead,i still feel there is a way to make it work on bigger domestic jobs and maybe smaller one's.
But I might be wrong