Why not spray domestic

Members online

Hand application of finish plaster is a skill, the placement of material in the first instance is critical, if you want to be a profitable plasterer, put on tidy and when the other wankers are struggling troweling up you're done already. Worked with fast and slow fellas but the placement is crucial in doing less and gaining more whether that be earlier home time or more money depending on preference. G4 Ritmo Zp3 for large quants of material, or any mixer pump made by whoever as long as it is efficient.
i agree i was taught by someone who did not look fast ,was not running around but he put on neat and tidy and spent less time troweling up but he done alot more then the other spreads that used to work for him and his work was a lot better as well.
@McPlaster do you own a zp3? i am looking into them as i dont want to do floor screeds anymore and was intrested if they would do flow screeds?

Not necessarily ceevee, I forgot about this thread...in February I sent email to bg to book a day training on there thistle spray training day I'd like to try it to see how it is but was cancelled due to ill health...should be doing it this month instead,i still feel there is a way to make it work on bigger domestic jobs and maybe smaller one's.
But I might be wrong
I like your style mate.
I do a lot of empty house refurbs and I'm eager to see if I can make it work too. If not I'll stick to mono and hardwall...
How much is the training day?
I looked on bgs site for spray plaster but couldn't find it there anymore...only projection...

i agree i was taught by someone who did not look fast ,was not running around but he put on neat and tidy and spent less time troweling up but he done alot more then the other spreads that used to work for him and his work was a lot better as well.
@McPlaster do you own a zp3? i am looking into them as i dont want to do floor screeds anymore and was intrested if they would do flow screeds?
That's what we use ours for, takes around 45mins to pump 6 cube, thats a full load, it all fits in van so no towing and a little more secure.

suppose thats where "you make it look easy" comes from :D

Yeah that's one of many, don't often get that looks bloody hard work here is a extra few quid

yeah dont we know it... we tip a fricken hair dresser who just gossips and we tip a taxi driver for doing something anyone can do yet who would tip a plasterer???

I got a £50 tip on Friday :) not had one for ages and the guy who gave it me is very careful with his money :) do you split a tip with your labourer? I have always split it wether it's a tenner or more because I think it's for both of us.

I got a £50 tip on Friday :) not had one for ages and the guy who gave it me is very careful with his money :) do you split a tip with your labourer? I have always split it wether it's a tenner or more because I think it's for both of us.

yeah it encourages the labourer to work harder and be nicer :D nice incentive :D

yeah dont we know it... we tip a fricken hair dresser who just gossips and we tip a taxi driver for doing something anyone can do yet who would tip a plasterer???
Used to get them all the time 20 years ago...just shows how times have changed...

The last one I got was last summer. A crate of beer for each of us.

Had a £100 tip about 6 years ago. What does really pee me of is when I have completed a job the customer pays me then tips the lads in front of me. But I get zilzch!

If they knew what supervising they take it would be me what should get the tip.

The last one I got was last summer. A crate of beer for each of us.

Had a £100 tip about 6 years ago. What does really pee me of is when I have completed a job the customer pays me then tips the lads in front of me. But I get zilzch!

If they knew what supervising they take it would be me what should get the tip.
Did they not share you? Lol

Well two months later than planned I got to use a Ritmo at bg today using thistle spray finish,still on my quest to totally prove to myself it can't be done on domestic.The day has left me with more questions than answers tbh.The negatives or reasons people have said to not I.e overspray I can appreciate now (not loads but would definitely need to think of a floor covering system that would work) but on positive pulling the trigger on the Ritmo to get the gear on was great.The gear was another positive for me real nice to trowel up imo, if I heard right similar formula to carlite which I never used before.Think I am definitely going to carry on my little quest and see how it could maybe work out.
WP_20160601_11_08_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20160601_12_05_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20160601_12_05_27_Pro.jpg

Well two months later than planned I got to use a Ritmo at bg today using thistle spray finish,still on my quest to totally prove to myself it can't be done on domestic.The day has left me with more questions than answers tbh.The negatives or reasons people have said to not I.e overspray I can appreciate now (not loads but would definitely need to think of a floor covering system that would work) but on positive pulling the trigger on the Ritmo to get the gear on was great.The gear was another positive for me real nice to trowel up imo, if I heard right similar formula to carlite which I never used before.Think I am definitely going to carry on my little quest and see how it could maybe work out.
View attachment 12018 View attachment 12019 View attachment 12020
How come there wasn't a m100 to spray, I thought it's specifically designed to spray bg skim would've been a good comparison of the different machines as well.
Seems like you enjoyed your day out!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Vince the face your making, it's look like you've got your cock inside the machine and are about to unload in it.
You look like you've had fun.
Did you mention to BG while you were there that you had a mate who wants a fight a machine in a skin off!? [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come there wasn't a m100 to spray, I thought it's specifically designed to spray bg skim would've been a good comparison of the different machines as well.
Seems like you enjoyed your day out!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tbh zolco I asked for the ritmo I have planned to have a bash at one stop to see what the m100 or maybe even the 200 are like so thought take the oppurnity to try the ritmo.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Vince the face your making, it's look like you've got your cock inside the machine and are about to unload in it.
You look like you've had fun.
Did you mention to BG while you were there that you had a mate who wants a fight a machine in a skin off!? [emoji16][emoji16]

when I seen the gear in it j I have been waiting so long for this day it felt like I did have my plonker in it tbh...lol

Tbh zolco I asked for the ritmo I have planned to have a bash at one stop to see what the m100 or maybe even the 200 are like so thought take the oppurnity to try the ritmo.

when I seen the gear in it j I have been waiting so long for this day it felt like I did have my plonker in it tbh...lol

You crack me up mate. [emoji23][emoji23]

View attachment 12018 View attachment 12019 View attachment 12020
Vince do you think it could be worth the investment on full house reskims?

Vince do you think it could be worth the investment on full house reskims?
I definitely do was buzzing all night about yesterday tbh that Ritmo was the business I can see why so many like it but now I don't know what to do it would be great on the full house refurbs but I also seen a little Refina screw pump that can spray it tbh not knowing machines I would lean towards the cheap Refina or maybe an eze but the Ritmo was the biz.. Definitely getting a pallet of thistle spray Ccf quoted me £7.80 inc vat and the gear was like cream lasted longer than multifinish.Even on a 12ft x 12ft crappy little diner I did today couldn't stop thinking could of set that Ritmo up and blasted the lot on in one,lol

Much mess,, bloody phone
On the floor we had some cut strips of plasterboard and whipped them out the way when finished spraying..over spray is easily wiped of the walls not sprayed but Joe the trainer said people that do spray have the corrugated things or drop a cotton sheet over a tarps and whip them away when sprayed so me still thinking there maybe a way,lol

On the floor we had some cut strips of plasterboard and whipped them out the way when finished spraying..over spray is easily wiped of the walls not sprayed but Joe the trainer said people that do spray have the corrugated things or drop a cotton sheet over a tarps and whip them away when sprayed so me still thinking there maybe a way,lol
Did there also tell you how ull have to at least double price ur jobs for all the f**k**g about ud need to do lol..

Did there also tell you how ull have to at least double price ur jobs for all the f**k**g about ud need to do lol..
Still beating this dead horse I see Plasterman. You're determined if nothing else fella, good luck with it.
Thanks Granty you might be right and everyone else who tells me , I take no offence that most think I am a loon even my cousin who I work with sometimes thinks i am wasting my time but my quest goes on :birra:

Thanks Granty you might be right and everyone else who tells me , I take no offence that most think I am a loon even my cousin who I work with sometimes thinks i am wasting my time but my quest goes on :birra:
best of luck ,when i got my machine 10 years ago just for mono ,some thought i was mad ! if you can make it work go for it ,see as many machines as you can ,and try and meet guys that do it ,you may have to travel about a bit ,but worth your time in the long run

best of luck ,when i got my machine 10 years ago just for mono ,some thought i was mad ! if you can make it work go for it ,see as many machines as you can ,and try and meet guys that do it ,you may have to travel about a bit ,but worth your time in the long run
Tbh Keith yesterday just made me more determined to carry on, it's not about making more money for me , I ain't bothered about the costs just want to do it different if it is possible.
Got loads of work on as we all have but defiantly will make the time to do as you just said.

It's a bit of a long shot question but is there anybody on here that has used or knows of anyone that users the Refina screw pumps at all ?
Especially the smaller ones ?

It's a bit of a long shot question but is there anybody on here that has used or knows of anyone that users the Refina screw pumps at all ?
Especially the smaller ones ?
Dot and Dab plastering uses one. He's all over FaceTube with his videos. Rwellfair I think he's called on there. Used to be Oasis on here.
Are you eyeing that one up onEbay Vince?