Why not spray domestic

Members online

No members online now.
Question is why are we so slow to adapt.

we have lots of plasterers that are willing to work cheap.
in europe most people go to university, do not want to work in construction, therefore a small workforce to produce their requirements. then they look for better methods to produce more at a reasonable price.

Putting skim on a wall has never been an issue because you are flattening it as your doing it so a complete waste of time unless it's render or screed. Three bags will do 30m and three bags of render will do 3m so that's why a machine is useful plus the gear sets are longer.

Nobody has commented on MP Finish. Is this not designed for spraying? 2+1 on a big room done in one go.

Nobody has commented on MP Finish. Is this not designed for spraying? 2+1 on a big room done in one go.

Mp finish takes about the same time as multi etc to finish which is why its a waste of time. Check out Knauf Multi finish on youtube thats a 7 hr set

I used a lot of mp finish years ago when we sprayed mp75, not bad gear but would just hang for ages then bang gone. Decent stuff with the right technique but as Pft Wales says same sort of time as multi on a set, for it to work as a spray plaster it should be one long set rather than trying to get 2 gauges on in a day

If you buy a machine and start doing render works your business will be internal for 4 months and then mainly outside for the other 8 rendering.

Its up to you which way you want to take your business.

For me it was outside as internals around here were being picked up by everyone and the money was slowly going down.

I enjoy plastering but the reality of it is that in 4/5 years I may not be touching internal work

I've just bought a G4 and hoping to just render once I've built the work up

Master the machine and train your lab to know it inside out.

Get yourself, the lab and your G4 up to PFT Northern for a training course. Will cost but worth the money.

Can you imagine stomping in to little Mr and Mrs Jones' fully carpeted house with nice oak skirtings and facings with your ritmo to spray a 20 metre ceiling in their lounge?

Nope, neither can I.

there no point spraying skim as its not as fast as hand applying not even close with all the prep, leave the machines one coat plaster or mono where its twice as fast +

Can you imagine stomping in to little Mr and Mrs Jones' fully carpeted house with nice oak skirtings and facings with your ritmo to spray a 20 metre ceiling in their lounge?

Nope, neither can I.
I think every now and then everybody got a client where they would love to do that without covering anything up, just spray everything and then leave

This stuff?

In this demonstration it takes them 3 days to do 100 metres.

Lol..if only prices were that high so u cud actually take 3 days to do 100m2..thats y I dnt think machine spray for multi will ever kick off be it domestic or site work as you can bang it on quicker than wat the machine does..

Lol..if only prices were that high so u cud actually take 3 days to do 100m2..thats y I dnt think machine spray for multi will ever kick off be it domestic or site work as you can bang it on quicker than wat the machine does..
he was painting it on the 3rd day, that`s not bad really, i imagine it would be great for big areas but not with filling out the joints and things, it was almost drylined when they started, might as well just leave it like that, decorator will get over it :)
would be a b@llache on domestic

Master the machine and train your lab to know it inside out.

Get yourself, the lab and your G4 up to PFT Northern for a training course. Will cost but worth the money.
I'm taking the machine to Stuart at UK plastering machines on Saturday to get it set up an serviced while doing the course thanks Rigsby

U reckon? I can assure u that a Ritmo spraying gypsum through a skim setup will smash it

U reckon? I can assure u that a Ritmo spraying gypsum through a skim setup will smash it
It won't curry forget it, ok you have a lab on the machine and you spraying how is that ever gonna be quicker than a lab mixing and a plasterer putting on?

what sort of sets you reckon 2 of you can do with the machine ? and if you can seriously be faster i would change staright away to machine

If you look for currierplastering on youtube I have some videos of us spraying Mpfinish. Biggest hit we did was 230m2 in a school

Why a lab on the machine? It mixes and sprays a bag every 5 minutes and holds 2 and a half bags
So your gonna do it all on your own ie set machine up, water, powde, load up then clean out and spray at the same time? Who the f**k your gonna get to flatten and trowel? Lol I would still loose you on my jack with a mega mixer, skimming is not for a machine end of, we have had that debate plenty of times on this forum. That original video was done years ago and I challenged anyone I would beat them to get that area on its to slow. Never been an issue putting on with a trowel that gets it flat and we all know multie is a two coat plaster.