Thistle Plasters Q&A

Members online

Yes Sir

01B7150E-4AAA-43AC-8D92-1F90E7C65D62.gif

So what did you think of this Q&A session then @Danny ? And try to give us an honest answer, not politician like.

The comments calling BG c**ts was not needed...

It has enabled the next Q&A grounds to expand. it is a start in the right direction and shall continue to improve as we do more and more of them and we get a feel and a nice balance of what to expect

It has enabled the next Q&A grounds to expand. it is a start in the right direction and shall continue to improve as we do more and more of them and we get a feel and a nice balance of what to expect
It only works if both parties are listening.....and BG are not ...they are being very political....they produce and sell a product that is not working the way the instructions say it should

I've got to admit I missed that comment.
I think you missed the bit where I said not to answer like a politician mate.

BG cannot admit any wrong doing, it would leave them liable to be sued. So it's never going to happen.

Many of us have faced issues, so at least we know were not going bonkers.

We also know BG, whether they care to admit it, are aware of how many are facing problems.

So if they are f**k**g about with gear, hopefully they will stop.

I've got £20 bet at paddy power 4/1 that they are adapting the forumla to better suit plastic trowels.

If B&Q get there marketing and more importantly there product right at a good price ...BG will lose plenty of money

Yep couldn’t agree more. Good point that is.

It obviously depends on background etc but id say mostly i use same gear but not always

First coat super tight so can lay straight down n flattens in nice its my preferred way
So what’s been said earlier first coat as firmed up really but your still getting tears on last trowel even though your using same gear
Gibbo said should be going wet on wet no tears ,on board Work mostly I expect surface flat as f**k anyway

So what’s been said earlier first coat as firmed up really but your still getting tears on last trowel even though your using same gear
Gibbo said should be going wet on wet no tears ,on board Work mostly I expect surface flat as f**k anyway

Not always only when gear feels clay like. Same walls same method etc. Some bags fine some not

All the reply’s we got back so robot like no help really we’ve heard similar years ago
The purefinish reply was s**t basically been told to looked it up online ,we wanted a honest reply like u get off the bg demenstrators when asked the difference board/multi compared to pure

Dear @BritishGypsum

Why does product taste so horrible? Seeing as when I plaster ceilings, I end up wearing most of it some always ends up in my mouth. Be easier to put up with if it tasted nice.

Dear @BritishGypsum

Why does product taste so horrible? Seeing as when I plaster ceilings, I end up wearing most of it some always ends up in my mouth. Be easier to put up with if it tasted nice.

@Stevieo

In response to your question about the reasons for good tasting and bad tasting batches, Gypsum as you know, is a natural product, a sedimentary rock which although we do mix it together very well, changes slightly.

For example the mine at Barrow covers an area close to 9 sq. miles so it is inevitable that some variations will occur. We do our very best to maintain a consistent taste standard however due to the volume we produce it is impossible to test every single batch.

What you may be noticing is a change to natural rock, away from synthetic rock and the characteristics are different. It shouldn't give you difficulties to swallow it but it will feel different to strawberries in the past.

We make tens of batches a day, so the information you give us is vital for us to understand where it was produced and when.
We need to know what you had for diner the night before as this will significantly influence your clean palet taste. If is proven you had significant amount of alcohol in your blood all warranties will be avoided .

We really do want to have conversations with you about tasting our plaster products. If you would like to discuss any career change into tasting our flavoured plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@Saint-Gobain.com and someone from the team will be in touch.

Last edited:
@Stevieo

In response to your question about the reasons for good tasting and bad tasting batches, Gypsum as you know, is a natural product, a sedimentary rock which although we do mix it together very well, changes slightly.

For example the mine at Barrow covers an area close to 9 sq. miles so it is inevitable that some variations will occur. We do our very best to maintain a consistent taste standard however due to the volume we produce it is impossible to test every single batch.

What you may be noticing is a change to natural rock, away from synthetic rock and the characteristics are different. It shouldn't give you difficulties to swallow it but it will feel different to strawberries in the past.

We make tens of batches a day, so the information you give us is vital for us to understand where it was produced and when.
We need to know what you had for diner the night before as this will significantly influence your clean palet taste. If is proven you had significant amount of alcohol in your blood all warranties will be avoided .

We really do want to have conversations with you about tasting our plaster products. If you would like to discuss any career change into tasting our plaster plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@Saint-Gobain.com and someone from the team will be in touch.

You copy my style. You’re a fan aren’t you salad boy

@Stevieo

We really do want to have conversations with you about tasting our plaster products. If you would like to discuss any career change into tasting our plaster plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@Saint-Gobain.com and someone from the team will be in touch.
f**k**g brilliant!

@BritishGypsum how & what do you test for when testing a bag of plaster that has been reported ??
My reason for asking is i know a few people who have had bags tested and the tests all came back ok, even though the people using the finish have had issues with it. Seems odd that reported bags have all came back fine but at least the lads have all got free hoodies but still no answer's to why the plaster is not fit for purpose?

@BritishGypsum how & what do you test for when testing a bag of plaster that has been reported ??
My reason for asking is i know a few people who have had bags tested and the tests all came back ok, even though the people using the finish have had issues with it. Seems odd that reported bags have all came back fine but at least the lads have all got free hoodies but still no answer's to why the plaster is not fit for purpose?
Ah you see the problem @Arti is that tradesmen know absolutely f**k all about the products they've been using day in day out for years. Bizarrely, and for no explainable reason tradesmen keep imagining that the finish plaster/plasterboard is substandard when in fact tests consistently show that it's the stupid tradesmen that are faulty.
I hope that clears that up for you.
There saved you a bit of time @BritishGypsum.