Thinking of new mixer

Members online

I'm really tempted to get one .. couple of good reviews will convince me I think .. I no there's nothing worse than getting dri wall of it so if it does the job with that it's worth it to me.
Nothing worse than dri wall adhesive one the paddle
I've got some to do Monday so can see how it works with it

Yeah let me no look forward to hearing review
Also got some dri-coat to knock up as well so should be a good test Monday.
That's if I don't decide to float the wall.
Haven't made my mind up yet as I'm not sure I can get the boards up the stairs on my jack so might float it instead

Usually the triggers go or full of dust
Just get on the blower to pft and ask them I'm sure they'll have an answer be it brushes or trigger.
But it's under a year old just send it back get it replaced.

Saying that though after having the xo6 now I couldn't imagine using a xo1 everyday.
Even me Lidl mixer was 1400w

@Formby plastering didn't end up using adhesive today but mixed a load of hardwall and dri-coat and the bucket worked as designed.
A little silt in the bottom but seemed to just pour out with a little stir.

Not so sure about the xo6 those seems to be making a strange noise at slow speed as of the brushes are catching a tad.
Going to see how it goes been speaking to les about it as it's only started today.

@Vincey did you get your bucket?

@Formby plastering didn't end up using adhesive today but mixed a load of hardwall and dri-coat and the bucket worked as designed.
A little silt in the bottom but seemed to just pour out with a little stir.

Not so sure about the xo6 those seems to be making a strange noise at slow speed as of the brushes are catching a tad.
Going to see how it goes been speaking to les about it as it's only started today.

@Vincey did you get your bucket?
Collomix crew
IMG_3016.JPG

I'm sure there's definitely something up then.
It only happens on very slow speed an a definite different sound.
Hasn't done it until today either. Seems odd especially for a brand new machine
When you turned it to slow speed just make sure it's turned all the way into that zone, it kinda clicks into slow speed gear if you know what I mean

When you turned it to slow speed just make sure it's turned all the way into that zone, it kinda clicks into slow speed gear if you know what I mean
Oh yeah I know that mate.
I'm not on about that. I mean when you just tickle the trigger so the paddle turned slowly.
It happens in both gears. It definitely clicks in gear as you say you can hear/feel the clunk when you swap gears

Oh yeah I know that mate.
I'm not on about that. I mean when you just tickle the trigger so the paddle turned slowly.
It happens in both gears. It definitely clicks in gear as you say you can hear/feel the clunk when you swap gears
Mine does that a little bit too mate only on slow I don't think it's anything to worry about I just think that's how it's designed. I bought it from les aswell.
Your review has tempted me I'm going to order one then hide it from the missus she will go ape s**t if she knows I've spent 90 on a bucket haha

Mine does that a little bit too mate only on slow I don't think it's anything to worry about I just think that's how it's designed. I bought it from les aswell.
Your review has tempted me I'm going to order one then hide it from the missus she will go ape s**t if she knows I've spent 90 on a bucket haha
Speak to Gemma she checked the euro rate and did it off that
Worked out cheaper about 74 I think

@reeves1985 i agree , if the trigger is about half pulled in or you are revving it it's fine but if you only slightly got it on it probably does do what you say , pull the trigger full throttle :numberone:

I will give a quick review...
Bought mine last week off pft wales. Paid 90 quid inc delivery.

Used with nearly new whisk and its kept the whisk spotless.

Pros...Well made. Mess free. Time saver, no more cleaning paddle with small brush.

Cons... Price a bit steep but hey ho. Another piece of equpment to have to carry in the van.
Still needs cleaning out every couple of days same as any cleaning bucket.

Overall a good purchase and glad i bought it.

heres a review ...

if you havnt got a girlfriend or are bored outta your face and have no life .
if you love plastering so much you need to buy a whisk cleaner for £90 .
its not a whisk cleaner you need its a life.

Nowt wrong with Eibenstock mixers. Those new collomix look good. Pft used to do one I only used in Germany and that thing kicked ass but very expensive according to ze Germans ??
I had the 1800w eibenstock for a year there not bad mixers to be fair .. it's just the weight of those things and I don't think it's as powerfull either just my opinion though.