Thinking of new mixer

Members online

No members online now.

reeves1985

Thinking it's time to get a new mixer.
Been a user of many a cheap mixer over past years and whilst they've never given me any trouble and lasted me years I'm thinking about paying that bit extra to get something that's quieter and generally better.

I've been looking at the collomix but baulked at the price of the xo6.
I'm looking for something compact and the mega mixers/eibenstock look huge?
It won't be mixing renders but will be used daily for finish, backing and adhesive etc.

I'm domestic only so it won't be hammering the 100 bag mixes some superman claim to do :lol:

Let's have a 2017 mixing thread. Opinions and thoughts about what's available right now

The x06 all depends on the price of the pound to weather or not you get a good deal. I personally love mine and rate it better than the eibenstock as I've tried both.. the Aldington one sounds like a truck although it will probably outlast a school year.

The x06 all depends on the price of the pound to weather or not you get a good deal. I personally love mine and rate it better than the eibenstock as I've tried both.. the Aldington one sounds like a truck although it will probably outlast a school year.
I'm actually just looking at the xo4 now as I think that will be plenty enough for what I use them for
Its all on price as you say the xo4 is £350

What about the x04 if its only for domestics....pete's got the x06 and its a bit overkill unless mixing render

I very nearly bought the Aldi mixer, looked half decent
If you see one again buy buy buy it am not joking. They are loud but mix like f**k. Have one over 3 years now mixed sand and cement hardwall skim bonding mono drywall adhesive

I got an x01 and now mixes are a bit bigger it can start to struggle a bit so think i'll be gettin an x04 at some point this year
What's noise levels like?
Nothing worse than people looking thinking what's that noisy t**t doing haha

What's noise levels like?
Nothing worse than people looking thinking what's that noisy t**t doing haha
Nice and quiet mate...I got an aldi as a spare and it sounds like a rocket taking off...very comfy handles too

Nice and quiet mate...I got an aldi as a spare and it sounds like a rocket taking off...very comfy handles too
I got the Lidl special which was originally a spare and when my last el cheapo packed in was going to be a stop gap until new one came.
But I'm still using it.
Just think it's time to treat myself

I use the eibenstock 1800w but it's a bit on the heavy side also got the belle 1600w which is good aswell
That's what I thought when I looked at them a bit big and heavy for domestic stuff.
Think it will be the xo4 for me.
Just trying to find the best deal.
I'm sure I've just seen pft northern have can get them in 4-5 days for £310

I've had a belle 1600w good machine.

I've now got a mm30 1800w and it's got more grunt. I mix render 4 bags at a time with a 200mm paddle no bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a belle 1600w good machine.

I've now got a mm30 1800w and it's got more grunt. I mix render 4 bags at a time with a 200mm paddle no bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 1800 would be overkill for me as I generally don't do render. Get your point about the grunt though

My x01 stopped working today...had to go and get my aldi special from home...im hoping just the plug fused but we'll see when I change it

I've had megamixers in the past, but had a Sparky BM2 1360e £170 now for about 2 years and not missed a beat. Put a large refina paddle on it and goes well (paddle that comes with it not good enough) . I've had a Sparky screwgun for 2 years too and amazed it's still going as I smash the s**t out of it. Really rate sparky products, great value. Mainly domestics.

My x01 stopped working today...had to go and get my aldi special from home...im hoping just the plug fused but we'll see when I change it
Well tried the fuse and that didnt do it so think it'll be a new mixer as no idea on repairs....not sure on collomix now as that one as only lasted a year

Well tried the fuse and that didnt do it so think it'll be a new mixer as no idea on repairs....not sure on collomix now as that one as only lasted a year
I get my whisk serviced when it plays up, new brushes normally sorts mine out. Got the orange belle mixer was going to get a mega mixer but until this thing is well and truly wrecked I'll hang on to it.

I get my whisk serviced when it plays up, new brushes normally sorts mine out. Got the orange belle mixer was going to get a mega mixer but until this thing is well and truly wrecked I'll hang on to it.

Do you get that done locally bud? Used to use Bay tools but not for a while

Yeah, I go up to Chelston rewinds next to Brandon tool hire in Torquay. Good prompt service in there I've found (y)

Burnt out brushes I recon £8 and easy to swap them , xo1 to small imo if mixing up thicker gear wears brushes out , for most I'd say go for xo6 but if on budget get at least xo4

Burnt out brushes I recon £8 and easy to swap them , xo1 to small imo if mixing up thicker gear wears brushes out , for most I'd say go for xo6 but if on budget get at least xo4
Looking at ordering the xo4 myself.
I'll just wait to see if lodans xo1 is the bushes

@Vincey where did you order from as there doesn't seem to be many UK suppliers.

Cheapest I found for xo4 is pft northern which comes in at £307 excluding delivery
Pft northern is quite local to me so could possible pickup as opposed to paying delivery charge