Sticking beads on. Oh no. Not this again!

If you use Sticks Like s**t Turbo then just 15 minutes. Stick beads up first and by the time you're set up ready to skim they'll be set. A single blob of adhesive in the back of the bead every 300-400mm will hold the bead as solidly as clout nails. The screw cap on the nozzle means that you don't end up wasting part tubes either. I've used it months after initially opening it. £7.39 a tube and a tube will loads and loads of beads.
Cheers Andy I'll get me a tube and give it go (y)

Sticks like and ob1 or CT1 and many others are similar polymer mastics and unlike silicone they are said to not go hard so quick in the nozzles. I just tape the end or use nozzle packs with screw cap ends that you can buy.

The large everbuild I linked to has the larger thread nozzle so I have to tape. Works great though.

For those with tidy vans you can buy gun and mastic tube racks off ebay or make one with solvent 50mm pipe bought from selco or toolstation. The standard mastic tubes fit nice. Just an idea for storage

baf67ac5-1c87-42ef-aaad-074014b40a33-jpeg.18887

can't believe fixing beads still gets debated, as if this trade hasn't been over-complicated enough in recent years.... tapit tape, no nails, silicone, super glue, foam, gripfill and now polymer mastic fukk me just tack 'em on with a bit of fkin multi or board ffs..... this trade gets more laughable every fkin day

@carl-the-plasterer

Its time wasted with finish setting on some walls with windows in ect messing about setting them in. Also nailing on cement render and others ways of fixing ain't good enough sometimes and clout nails seem to end up in tyres. I remember running the vacuum around and catching that bottom of a corner bead and it popped off. Seen some spreads go day before just to fit the beads as prefer them ready to go. I don't like the sticking with plaster myself so been looking for a better way and found one. Guess it's whatever works for you

can't believe fixing beads still gets debated, as if this trade hasn't been over-complicated enough in recent years.... tapit tape, no nails, silicone, super glue, foam, gripfill and now polymer mastic fukk me just tack 'em on with a bit of fkin multi or board ffs..... this trade gets more laughable every fkin day
And what do you do for a living ?

@carl-the-plasterer

Its time wasted with finish setting on some walls with windows in ect messing about setting them in. Also nailing on cement render and others ways of fixing ain't good enough sometimes and clout nails seem to end up in tyres. I remember running the vacuum around and catching that bottom of a corner bead and it popped off. Seen some spreads go day before just to fit the beads as prefer them ready to go. I don't like the sticking with plaster myself so been looking for a better way and found one. Guess it's whatever works for you
call me ode fashioned pal but I just don't get it all this fkin fannying around just to stick a bead on
is it a site work thing?
Is money that fkin shite on a site that you have to save yourself 5 minutes on ye beads?
I wouldn't know I've never had the misfortune to work on one.

Every job is different so you have to use different methods to put up beads. I staple and foam on most jobs if the boarding is good

Always stuck mine in , skim , render , down below hair

@carl-the-plasterer

Im all domestic. Anything from old 1800s laths to 1950s internal cement backing. Hardly ever any plasterboard for me as that's easy with a few staples . Also beads over artex walls.

Anyway. I'm all for sharing ideas and don't mind getting shot at if some think it's naff.

@carl-the-plasterer

Im all domestic. Anything from old 1800s laths to 1950s internal cement backing. Hardly ever any plasterboard for me as that's easy with a few staples . Also beads over artex walls.

Anyway. I'm all for sharing ideas and don't mind getting shot at if some think it's naff.
why all the faffing around then just to save a few minutes if you're on domestics?
I don't get it.
If you really want to save a bit of time mix up bit of skim first then get your beads cut ready or use a bit of older stuff like I used to and it'll set quicker it's not rocket science

@carl-the-plasterer

The grab power and being able to adjust in and out ain't great with plaster. It is with polymer though.

I don't disagree with you, but I've just found it easier and less messy and one less clean up with small mix to use mastic. I think it's a bit quicker to just mastic around and stick on and you can fiddle for way more time especially when overhead. I do cut beads ready to fit and some I stick as I go if tight of room space.

It's just another way to do it. I'm that type of person that I'm always trying new things and new ways to do the job.

being able to adjust in and out ain't great. I've just found it easier and less messy

I think it's a bit quicker and you can fiddle for way more time if tight.

It's just another way to do it.

I'm that type of person that I'm always trying new things

:oops:

You missed out caulk x

Why f**k about with adhesive when you can get dewalt staple gun and it goes through anything, you don't even have to aim for holes in beads as it goes through the bead too.

@carl-the-plasterer

The grab power and being able to adjust in and out ain't great with plaster. It is with polymer though.

I don't disagree with you, but I've just found it easier and less messy and one less clean up with small mix to use mastic. I think it's a bit quicker to just mastic around and stick on and you can fiddle for way more time especially when overhead. I do cut beads ready to fit and some I stick as I go if tight of room space.

It's just another way to do it. I'm that type of person that I'm always trying new things and new ways to do the job.
furry muff pal...but I still don't get it