Smarter Surfaces Launches Smart Magnetic Plaster. Competition time!

Oh and thanks for the magnets they are very strong, first time I've used the neodium magnets, just tried them on a magnetic wall and you can feel it pulling before it touches the wall.

Is magnetic plaster magnetic itself or just metal? I mean if I put a paperclip or can opener on it would it stick? Or would I have to use magnets to stick things to it?

Is magnetic plaster magnetic itself or just metal?

I think just metal mate, needs magnets to work
My old man did a few hospitals back in the day and there was a plaster that had lead or that in it to do the X-Ray rooms so a variation on that maybe?

I've informed my local charity that I won't be able to provide a magnetic wall for them after all.:nocausagracia:
Saw your article in the builders magazine flynny, your taller than I thought! :)

Presumably pva as I would normally is ok here @Barbara

The one draw back and slight criticism before I use it is the 2nd coat after 6 hours, but flynny may for a first time put me right ;) and say the other is a similar process ?

I think just metal mate, needs magnets to work
My old man did a few hospitals back in the day and there was a plaster that had lead or that in it to do the X-Ray rooms so a variation on that maybe?
Been there done that in my apprentice days. X ray room at Preston hospital and the bags were diddy but heavy as f**k. All on EML too ffs we all had to wear doctors gowns etc was hilarious as a lady collared one old boy spread asking if her dad was going to be ok lol she thought he was a quack :risas2:

Presumably pva as I would normally is ok here @Barbara

The one draw back and slight criticism before I use it is the 2nd coat after 6 hours, but flynny may for a first time put me right ;) and say the other is a similar process ?
It's not the other is like normal finish :)

Reactions: gps
I'm not tall lol
You f**k**g are mate!!here's Flynny picking up @gps because they can't agree which jelly is best? Strawberry or Blackcurrant?? Think @flynnyman has the upper hand regard the pic? Going grey I see lol
images (18).jpg

He better not be trying to win favor with my Barbara !!?? If so that would make him a total bounder and a Cad of the highest order !!!

Is magnetic plaster magnetic itself or just metal? I mean if I put a paperclip or can opener on it would it stick? Or would I have to use magnets to stick things to it?
the finish has magnetite in it, which is pretty much magnetised iron filings with a rust inhibitor in it....i looked up the patent info a while ago and was interesting reading....you can buy magnetite on ebay so pretty sure a homebrew is possible with a bit patience

Got mine today :) there is no primer which do you suggest? Just a bit of a heads up if you deliver them all with the tape wrapped round them it rips the instructions off :( good job a could stick them back ;)

Cheers I will feed that back. In most cases you don't need a primer, we just include that in instructions to be on the safe side.
Here is a video but I am sure you don't need it :)

It's called magnetically receptive as far as I am aware so it attracts magnets but does not mess up with wifi signals or pacemakers (we got few questions about this one actually!)

I've informed my local charity that I won't be able to provide a magnetic wall for them after all.:nocausagracia:
Saw your article in the builders magazine flynny, your taller than I thought! :)

@jamesthefirst if you really have someone in mind you can apply through our CSR and I will have a look for sure: http://www.smartersurfaces.co.uk/about-us/responsibility (it goes to my email as well :D)

Barbara didn't send me anything :(

:( who knows maybe I will be able to send more samples

It's called magnetically receptive as far as I am aware so it attracts magnets but does not mess up with wifi signals or pacemakers (we got few questions about this one actually!)

@jamesthefirst if you really have someone in mind you can apply through our CSR and I will have a look for sure: http://www.smartersurfaces.co.uk/about-us/responsibility (it goes to my email as well :D)

:( who knows maybe I will be able to send more samples
Just send yourself Barbara then we can go out for a bite to eat :D

Got mine thanks Barbara thanks! Not sure whether to do a wall in my own place or try convince a customer to give it a go but either way will report back with the verdict!:sisi:

Yeh what's happenin boys? It took me just over an hour to do a wall then half an hour the following evening, no primer needed if the wall is sound and im assuming yours are ;) go on spoil your kids or maybe your nephews or nieces?