Smarter Surfaces Launches Smart Magnetic Plaster. Competition time!

Members online

Oh and thanks for the magnets they are very strong, first time I've used the neodium magnets, just tried them on a magnetic wall and you can feel it pulling before it touches the wall.

Is magnetic plaster magnetic itself or just metal? I mean if I put a paperclip or can opener on it would it stick? Or would I have to use magnets to stick things to it?

Is magnetic plaster magnetic itself or just metal?

I think just metal mate, needs magnets to work
My old man did a few hospitals back in the day and there was a plaster that had lead or that in it to do the X-Ray rooms so a variation on that maybe?

I've informed my local charity that I won't be able to provide a magnetic wall for them after all.:nocausagracia:
Saw your article in the builders magazine flynny, your taller than I thought! :)

Presumably pva as I would normally is ok here @Barbara

The one draw back and slight criticism before I use it is the 2nd coat after 6 hours, but flynny may for a first time put me right ;) and say the other is a similar process ?

I think just metal mate, needs magnets to work
My old man did a few hospitals back in the day and there was a plaster that had lead or that in it to do the X-Ray rooms so a variation on that maybe?
Been there done that in my apprentice days. X ray room at Preston hospital and the bags were diddy but heavy as f**k. All on EML too ffs we all had to wear doctors gowns etc was hilarious as a lady collared one old boy spread asking if her dad was going to be ok lol she thought he was a quack :risas2:

Presumably pva as I would normally is ok here @Barbara

The one draw back and slight criticism before I use it is the 2nd coat after 6 hours, but flynny may for a first time put me right ;) and say the other is a similar process ?
It's not the other is like normal finish :)

Reactions: gps
I'm not tall lol
You f**k**g are mate!!here's Flynny picking up @gps because they can't agree which jelly is best? Strawberry or Blackcurrant?? Think @flynnyman has the upper hand regard the pic? Going grey I see lol
images (18).jpg

He better not be trying to win favor with my Barbara !!?? If so that would make him a total bounder and a Cad of the highest order !!!

Is magnetic plaster magnetic itself or just metal? I mean if I put a paperclip or can opener on it would it stick? Or would I have to use magnets to stick things to it?
the finish has magnetite in it, which is pretty much magnetised iron filings with a rust inhibitor in it....i looked up the patent info a while ago and was interesting reading....you can buy magnetite on ebay so pretty sure a homebrew is possible with a bit patience

Got mine today :) there is no primer which do you suggest? Just a bit of a heads up if you deliver them all with the tape wrapped round them it rips the instructions off :( good job a could stick them back ;)

Cheers I will feed that back. In most cases you don't need a primer, we just include that in instructions to be on the safe side.
Here is a video but I am sure you don't need it :)

It's called magnetically receptive as far as I am aware so it attracts magnets but does not mess up with wifi signals or pacemakers (we got few questions about this one actually!)

I've informed my local charity that I won't be able to provide a magnetic wall for them after all.:nocausagracia:
Saw your article in the builders magazine flynny, your taller than I thought! :)

@jamesthefirst if you really have someone in mind you can apply through our CSR and I will have a look for sure: http://www.smartersurfaces.co.uk/about-us/responsibility (it goes to my email as well :D)

Barbara didn't send me anything :(

:( who knows maybe I will be able to send more samples

It's called magnetically receptive as far as I am aware so it attracts magnets but does not mess up with wifi signals or pacemakers (we got few questions about this one actually!)

@jamesthefirst if you really have someone in mind you can apply through our CSR and I will have a look for sure: http://www.smartersurfaces.co.uk/about-us/responsibility (it goes to my email as well :D)

:( who knows maybe I will be able to send more samples
Just send yourself Barbara then we can go out for a bite to eat :D

Got mine thanks Barbara thanks! Not sure whether to do a wall in my own place or try convince a customer to give it a go but either way will report back with the verdict!:sisi:

Yeh what's happenin boys? It took me just over an hour to do a wall then half an hour the following evening, no primer needed if the wall is sound and im assuming yours are ;) go on spoil your kids or maybe your nephews or nieces?