Smarter Surfaces Launches Smart Magnetic Plaster. Competition time!

Members online

Ok, yes trowel is the norm for plaster, id take the picture of it being rolled on off the container if this isnt giving good results

Pmsl, what are you on about ? Isn't that paint being applied to the magnetic plaster lol

Id really like to try one of these...so initially i'd plaster my daughters bedroom wall with it to stick up barbie and scooby doo pictures.

Then i'd get a contract with local schools to do the classrooms out with it, thereby increasing your companies revenue.

Then i'd get teams of men and roll the project out worldwide feeding hundreds of employees families, making millions for myself and ultimately billions for Smarter Surfaces.

:rock:

I like what you've done with the 'roll' it out as there's a picture of a roller on a tub of plaster. Hence my suspicion that this is a wind up. No one would put a roller on a tub of plaster.

I like what you've done with the 'roll' it out as there's a picture of a roller on a tub of plaster. Hence my suspicion that this is a wind up. No one would put a roller on a tub of plaster.
Youre right on the roller thing...but ive just had a neb at the website. Its on there for sale...

I love a competition, and a chance to win things,
So I just write in rhyme cos I can`t really sing,
Did it once before and it awarded me an Ox,
Clemo sent a picture of him holding his...box (of tricks)

ANYWAY I digress, what is this magnets role?
Well it could show your pictures without a drawing pin hole,
No sweeping up tape or glue with a trusty old broom,
No nailing, screwing, banging - unless in the bedroom!!

So if you`re clued up and magnetic is the way,
Get a tub of this ready mixed and it really makes your day,
Trowel it nice and smooth, you`re now a magnet business magnate,
Cash in "ching ching" go and buy a small planet

It's white paint going over the magnetic plaster you nugget

I love a competition, and a chance to win things,
So I just write in rhyme cos I can`t really sing,
Did it once before and it awarded me an Ox,
Clemo sent a picture of him holding his...box (of tricks)

ANYWAY I digress, what is this magnets role?
Well it could show your pictures without a drawing pin hole,
No sweeping up tape or glue with a trusty old broom,
No nailing, screwing, banging - unless in the bedroom!!

So if you`re clued up and magnetic is the way,
Get a tub of this ready mixed and it really makes your day,
Trowel it nice and smooth, you`re now a magnet business magnate,
Cash in "ching ching" go and buy a small planet
:wtf: Books , Art, poetry, singing

Magnetic weirdos, what about putty ?

Last edited by a moderator:
How would magnetic interact with damp? Would it hold it back? Or would it lead to increased condensation?

bg 25kg covers approx. 5m2 for £104.99 so Smarter Surfaces is cheaper?

Thanks for all of the answers so far (y). We will pick names out of a hat next week.

And we don't have to mix dusty powder as yours is ready to go, your bum doesn't look big either. (y)

It's £99 for 5m2 and gives 2.4 mm according to the application guide but let me double check with more technical people on Tuesday when I am back in the office
BG's would cover 10 metres at that thickness and is £85 a bag cheaper some places and dearer others, can you paint over yours and it still keeps its strength?

BG's would cover 10 metres at that thickness and is £85 a bag cheaper some places and dearer others, can you paint over yours and it still keeps its strength?

Interesting as their website says it covers 5m2... but you can use 10m2 and still stick things on but maybe not as heavy or how it works?

Yep you can still paint or put wallcovering on the top. We painted 5 coats on the top (4 coats of colour and 1 coat of transparent whiteboard paint) and it worked perfectly with some random things stuck on with neodymium tape. I'll have some pics of that in the end of May, it's a warm yellow big wall that you can stick things on and write on, looks nice.

Thanks @flynnyman for your comments really appreciate that :). It's all very new.

They say 5m at a different thickness to yours which is nearly twice as thick so just done the maths :) what's the heaviest thing you have hung on it?

They say 5m at a different thickness to yours which is nearly twice as thick so just done the maths :) what's the heaviest thing you have hung on it?

From bg site "Each 25kg bag will cover 5sqm at a thickness of 3mm" - are you sure about maths? :) :)

Hung a TV but not sure what was the exact weight.
My understanding is that it all comes to magnetite content as well as thickness? Smarter Surfaces plaster is 67% magnetite and paint is 50% magnetite, as per my research most other products on the market are lower but do let me know if there is something stronger?

Nothing like chatting about plaster on Saturday night :LOL:

From bg site "Each 25kg bag will cover 5sqm at a thickness of 3mm" - are you sure about maths? :) :)

Hung a TV but not sure what was the exact weight.
My understanding is that it all comes to magnetite content as well as thickness? Smarter Surfaces plaster is 67% magnetite and paint is 50% magnetite, as per my research most other products on the market are lower but do let me know if there is something stronger?

Nothing like chatting about plaster on Saturday night :LOL:
That's a minimum thickness but doing 5m out of the 25kg bag goes about 5mm, would like to see the TV hung is this incorporating the magnetic paint with the plaster?

That's a minimum thickness but doing 5m out of the 25kg bag goes about 5mm, would like to see the TV hung is this incorporating the magnetic paint with the plaster?

Nope that was just on a plaster, hmm good point I might add that to the video list and try to get something done to show it.

Mag paint is less strong but really popular in offices, holds up to 7x A4 sheets with one magnet so good enough for me (see my office wall below :))

tHh6aHo.jpg

So barb,to do a five mtr wall with primer and plaster how much all in? and would you recommend using other products a long side it or is that all I would need?