plasterers Coventry

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contractors cutting each other to bits nowadays to get sites.....it aint getting much better for subbies house bashing.

Land being built on everywhere.

All I ever hear is "when you gonna be done?"
"Can you work the weekend ?"

This is when unloading the van !!
Its all about quick turnover.

£2.60 in cumbria start of year.
£2.40 in midlands march/april
£2.20 north west now.
Most lads I know down south £2.30.

centre of london this year I was offered £4 I turned it down.
couldnt be arsed with hassle.
2 many kids at home !!

My brothers still in cumbria getting the £2.60.

Im earning more on a smaller rate cause im getting the bigger run of work.

we both agree its just SHIIITE

I agree its shite. £2.20 u can earn money its just hard work but on nice runs (like my job) u can make it pay.

£2.50 on a nice run would be better though....

Contractors cutting each other to bits nowadays to get sites.....it aint getting much better for subbies house bashing.

Land being built on everywhere.

All I ever hear is "when you gonna be done?"
"Can you work the weekend ?"

This is when unloading the van !!
Its all about quick turnover.

£2.60 in cumbria start of year.
£2.40 in midlands march/april
£2.20 north west now.
Most lads I know down south £2.30.

centre of london this year I was offered £4 I turned it down.
couldnt be arsed with hassle.
2 many kids at home !!

My brothers still in cumbria getting the £2.60.

Im earning more on a smaller rate cause im getting the bigger run of work.

we both agree its just SHIIITE

I'm originally from the north west and one of the biggest firms in those parts are @ £2-50.

I got an £800 tax bill last year on £2 in the north west skimming on my own.
If your on site early your off early.
Getting up beating traffic good early start you cant go wrong.

there are good firms out there who know there paying low since 2008 crash but will make sure your houses are ready ..water bags..mats.. houses cleaned out.
its a big differnce.
ive been on £3 many times.
houses s**t holes
Bags soaked through
Sharing plots fuuck all that.
not knowing if work next week !!!

thanks for the advise thebearbeef 135 years experience?a bit far fetched dont you think??i am not f**king slating any of you guys on here i am just saying "PURE & SIMPLE" THAT £2.20 M2 skimming is scandalous!there is more to life than f**cking killing yourself for a shite wage like that!weather you like my opinion or not im really not that interested because im not the mug spreading the sh*t for that wage..

thanks for the advise thebearbeef 135 years experience?a bit far fetched dont you think??i am not f**king slating any of you guys on here i am just saying "PURE & SIMPLE" THAT £2.20 M2 skimming is scandalous!there is more to life than f**cking killing yourself for a shite wage like that!weather you like my opinion or not im really not that interested because im not the mug spreading the sh*t for that wage..

Whilst prostituting yourself

This mug has 6 months work.....

[emoji16]

Preston drylining.....merged with jon brown (big fylde firm)
And wintstanleys.
The fella who owns pdl used to work for redrose.

it must be pmt time for a few folk on here
p.s pmt= plasterers mental time
Thanks to the poster for advertising work on here ,a bit far for me to travel good luck with your search for men, i can understand why it's not over run with jobs on here, ffs he's handing out work, don't knock the guy for giving work out ,prices not brill but big classrooms to go at money to be made :rock:

Sunny banks
Sutcliffes
Redsose
Pdl
Merseyside
Advent
The list goes on bigk....all big northwest firms..plenty of work on...but also plenty of lads on !!!

I thank my lucky stars I don't have to burst my balls day in day out on site at those rates and I honestly feel for the guys who know no better.

Lifes too short there are easier ways to make a living.

Not a dig at bear just putting my thoughts across on the general state of commercial pricing.

i agree grantyboy im not digging bear because to be honest fair play to the bloke for getting out of bed every day and grafting his heart out on those very silly prices..to be honest hats off to all you guys on here working for that wage i have been there and done it myself and just to clarify mr bear we are COMMERCIAL & DOMESTIC plasterers so we know what you boys are up against..one word "RESPECT"

Gordan .....nice fella.
Doesnt really get involed on site anymore.
Haha probably sits at home online roulette gambling away my other £2.50 a metre !!!
Yeah I know them, couldn't place 'pdl' in my head!
Know John Mcgarvey contracts manager, he's sound.
However I think Gordon

i agree grantyboy im not digging bear because to be honest fair play to the bloke for getting out of bed every day and grafting his heart out on those very silly prices..to be honest hats off to all you guys on here working for that wage i have been there and done it myself and just to clarify mr bear we are COMMERCIAL & DOMESTIC plasterers so we know what you boys are up against..one word "RESPECT"

Lol x

Thanks guys it means alot to me.

P.S i can say hand on heart that since my initial bite that @gps got out of me i've not took a single post to heart...the price is s**t to some but it is what it is and i know locally its not far off at all.

Lesson learnt is no rates quoted next time we have work and get a verbal slap via pm instead [emoji106]

Gordan .....nice fella.
Doesnt really get involed on site anymore.
Haha probably sits at home online roulette gambling away my other £2.50 a metre !!!
Yeh nice guy I remember when he was at redrose and I ordered gear on a few jobs and it never arrived, same s**t always went on at red rose. I remember catching him on site and going mad about the gear not being there and saying I had left about ten messages, and why the f**k have you got a Scottish guy as your answer message? Then clicked on straight away as I said it, I had been ringing the wrong Gordon for a month :)

Prices can be variable . I do mostly site work and never worked for less than 3.50. The lowest I was offered was 3.00, 2.75 paid and 0.25 held back for making good if needed. No need to say I did pass on that offer. The best price I had was 7.00, but the job had to be finished in 5 days, that was the condition. All prices are for skimming and when you do large corridors and don't have to bother to tide up the corners, cos of the ceiling, 3.50 is fantastic price. Apartments were done at 4.00, each one 65-72m2, not bad rate either. At the beginning of the year I had to reconsider my " working style" and decided to step back and do something else- dry lining , just to give my arms rest and to recover from " the big bucks". I feel the difference already . Felt before like a rusty robot , now I think I can do it twice quicker. After taking into,consideration all factors , I don't think I will be killing my self over a job, that I have to rush and push , just to make some decent money.Dont know how is outside London, but here they are looking for the smallest excuse to cut the money. Standard must be superb.

The last job I got @£3.50 was in harpenden some time last year.
Skimming on top of sound boards a block of apparments.

The finish set like fuuck.
We were told the same ....had to be perfect skimming.
£400.000 selling a flat !!

It looked rough as f**k when we skimmed them due to the high suction.
Painted perfect.

The fella keeps in contact for work.
The centre of london is like another planet.

At least your honest bearbeef......goes a long way in my books.

Me and mate are just starting out at subbing some on to people. Small margin but with a bigger picture in mind. Said from the start we wont mess people about like we've had in the past and will always pay what we can and not be greedy. Obviously we want to make money but no point robbing people as we need them on the next job

The last job I got @£3.50 was in harpenden some time last year.
Skimming on top of sound boards a block of apparments.

The finish set like fuuck.
We were told the same ....had to be perfect skimming.
£400.000 selling a flat !!

It looked rough as f**k when we skimmed them due to the high suction.
Painted perfect.

The fella keeps in contact for work.
The centre of london is like another planet.
Yep, it sets like nothing else:LOL:. At the beginning I had the whole jungle on my walls- tigers , leopards , hyenas and another cats I couldn't figured out what they are:ROFLMAO:. no windows, draft and suction you can't control....... London,eh.But you still manage to deliver;)

Apperently the chinese are pumping billions into the uk construction.....huge huge projects.
They know were desperate for homes....and see the investment.

High rise appartments throughout all our cities.
I bet there all taped !!

Status
Not open for further replies.