plasterers Coventry

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 not bad mate.....was getting 8.50 in bradford 4 years ago nice big areas.

10 years ago was getting 8 in golders green

2 years ago 6.50 in cumbria.

Prices are comical around uk.

Been offered £5 for floating job in blackpool this year !!!!
No thanks.

Nice. We definitely need to try for more on the next one. I think £2.50 is good, not sure about all this £3+ stuff for normal skimming. People would be making fortunes at that money.
Having said that im not fussed, as long as i'm making what we need to fair play to others making more

I've never done a day on site in my life so I'd prob never earn anything decent but if you get £2.20 m2 and you work in a 2+1 gang what do you guys finish a day?
House bashing I'm hitting maybe 6 bags max a day in 2 sets.
Including if it's on board.
How do you guys lay on enough to earn decent money?
Does speed come with working on sites over time?
In my eyes at 2.20 a meter even laying 100m on after tax that's 176 take home a day.
Now to run a business after overheads etc that's not decent money to me and surely the strain on your body would take its toll.
We have to think long term, Most prob don't have pensions etc so when your body packs in what back up is there?

It's good I wouldn't say it's great though not in the long run.
Don't forget holidays aren't paid for neither are sick days, no pension, van to run insure tax, accountants etc etc average that out and you will be now where near that.
An to take 176 a day every day is doubtful by the sounds of it!

at the end of the day the prices on site these days at £2.2o m2 skim to board are ridiculous and if any plasterer on here thinks that is an acceptable wage he needs his head looked at!we try and stay away from site work these days because the assholes paying that wage will continue to take the piss as long as you guys are working for it.At the end of the day guys spreading is a physical job and there are not many blokes doing 100 m2s a day of skimming every day on here..if there are then fair play they have got a bigger set of balls than me!

I've increased my day work rate twice in the last 7 months, each time by £25 a day. Been away for nearly a week and have just increased it by 25 a day again. Most white Londoners will pay, the ones that won't can fcuk off. I work 6hrs, no break, rolling hit and when I looked for lads at 175 a day couldn't get any

at the end of the day the prices on site these days at £2.2o m2 skim to board are ridiculous and if any plasterer on here thinks that is an acceptable wage he needs his head looked at!we try and stay away from site work these days because the assholes paying that wage will continue to take the piss as long as you guys are working for it.At the end of the day guys spreading is a physical job and there are not many blokes doing 100 m2s a day of skimming every day on here..if there are then fair play they have got a bigger set of balls than me!

Your going to be worth your weight in gold on the forum. You've been absolutely spamming the place looking for work now your saying you try to stay away from site work? So your a domestic plasterer with 135 years experience (or whatever figure you have today) that will travel anywhere in the country for £4m2??? So you'll travel to inverness to skim a box room for £4m2? Or you only do domestics on price? Or do you do site work but in this thread your domestic personality hates sites?

You confuse me but i like it. I'd rather skim my own work for £2.20 a m2 than join the forum to beg work. We've all been short of work but come on pal pick a f**k**g story and stick to it like the rest of us do.

Reactions: gps
Contractors cutting each other to bits nowadays to get sites.....it aint getting much better for subbies house bashing.

Land being built on everywhere.

All I ever hear is "when you gonna be done?"
"Can you work the weekend ?"

This is when unloading the van !!
Its all about quick turnover.

£2.60 in cumbria start of year.
£2.40 in midlands march/april
£2.20 north west now.
Most lads I know down south £2.30.

centre of london this year I was offered £4 I turned it down.
couldnt be arsed with hassle.
2 many kids at home !!

My brothers still in cumbria getting the £2.60.

Im earning more on a smaller rate cause im getting the bigger run of work.

we both agree its just SHIIITE

I've never done a day on site in my life so I'd prob never earn anything decent but if you get £2.20 m2 and you work in a 2+1 gang what do you guys finish a day?
House bashing I'm hitting maybe 6 bags max a day in 2 sets.
Including if it's on board.
How do you guys lay on enough to earn decent money?
Does speed come with working on sites over time?
In my eyes at 2.20 a meter even laying 100m on after tax that's 176 take home a day.
Now to run a business after overheads etc that's not decent money to me and surely the strain on your body would take its toll.
We have to think long term, Most prob don't have pensions etc so when your body packs in what back up is there?

We're a 2 gang and a labourer is dead money so dont bother. We skim approx 140-150m a day between us. Obv depends on your needs and wants in life.

I've said loads of times before we aim for £150 and anything else is a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.