Ocr crack city

Members online

ankers

Anyone got any tips on stopping ocr from cracking. I got shrinkage cracks when matching into existing render with parmurex. Background was brickwork, monogris e with mesh and then parmurex top. It was in direct sunlight while doing it. Would it be better to mist the wall down or wait for a none sunny day

Attachments

• IMG-20200604-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200604-WA0005.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 255
Anyone got any tips on stopping ocr from cracking. I got shrinkage cracks when matching into existing render with parmurex. Background was brickwork, monogris e with mesh and then parmurex top. It was in direct sunlight while doing it. Would it be better to mist the wall down or wait for a none sunny day
No render should be done in direct sunlight. All technical info states that. In the real world though in your case I would have given it a good soak once it was firm enough to take one.

I drape the white cotton dust sheets over render if it’s in direct sunlight
Seems to work for me

What’s that finish called? Napped?

They look more like slumping cracks...micro cracks are much finer and nothing to worry about.