New van

I’m shocked. Not good at all that. They have 30,000 service intervals and 2 years but I ignore that and do it every year 12,000 miles.

To be honest I was too.. it had full service history when I bought it 2 years ago..

I bought a brand new Vivaro in 2010 and gearbox went a few months outside of warranty.. really not had best of luck, new one every 3 years now and that's it.

To be honest I was too.. it had full service history when I bought it 2 years ago..

I bought a brand new Vivaro in 2010 and gearbox went a few months outside of warranty.. really not had best of luck, new one every 3 years now and that's it.
Be nice having the peace of mind. Blows up, it’s their problem.

Anybody got a new shape crafter? Any pros or cons on them? Got a custom at the min been a cracking van only got 32k on the clock though. Fancy a change last 3 have been fords.

Anybody got a new shape crafter? Any pros or cons on them? Got a custom at the min been a cracking van only got 32k on the clock though. Fancy a change last 3 have been fords.
I fancy a sprinter just for better size than my custom. Think I’d have a sprinter over a crafter though.

I'm driving a shitty old rusting Berlingo, door handles fallen off, I can only unlock the back door from the inside, but hasn't cost me a penny in 5 years. That van is proper smart, but I can never justify getting a decent van in this trade. Only reason I'd upgrade is to fit 8x4 boards in
Mate sort a new one , do u ever see taxi drivers driving a car that’s clapped out old banger
What you do with beads ? Cut them in half to get them to the job ?

Mate sort a new one , do u ever see taxi drivers driving a car that’s clapped out old banger
What you do with beads ? Cut them in half to get them to the job ?
You can fit 3 meter beads in a Berlingo? My customers don't have to get in my van so slightly different to a taxi driver. I can do the same job in my 500quid van as someone in a brand new 20k one so I don't see the point

You can fit 3 meter beads in a Berlingo? My customers don't have to get in my van so slightly different to a taxi driver. I can do the same job in my 500quid van as someone in a brand new 20k one so I don't see the point
Didn’t mean it in a funny way mate I spent years with a s**t van and mashed up door that wouldn’t open then got a van that worked for job we do the van is the key to good days at work and when get to 70 years old and look back will think yes that was best thing to do rather than why did I drive round in that crap for 40 years of my life

Didn’t mean it in a funny way mate I spent years with a s**t van and mashed up door that wouldn’t open then got a van that worked for job we do the van is the key to good days at work and when get to 70 years old and look back will think yes that was best thing to do rather than why did I drive round in that crap for 40 years of my life
Each to their own. I genuinely don't see the point. I have mates who are plasterers who drive much better vans than me, but it's the same gear in there at the end of the day. I can fit everything I need in it which is the main thing

If your earning the money, new vans are a no brainer, as you can offset them against your tax bill.
I used to run old vans and the unreliablity and expenditure of it wore me down, new vans chop them in every 3 years job done.first impressions and all that plus it's the main tool of your trade and I spend half of my life in mine, it's too long to be driving a shed about.

If your earning the money, new vans are a no brainer, as you can offset them against your tax bill.
I used to run old vans and the unreliablity and expenditure of it wore me down, new vans chop them in every 3 years job done.first impressions and all that plus it's the main tool of your trade and I spend half of my life in mine, it's too long to be driving a shed about.
Yeah I get what you're saying. If you're spending say 3k a year on a new van though then you save 900 tax and NI so it's still costing you 2100. I'd prefer to have that in the bank. But as I say each to their own. I can see driving around in a decent van would be nice day in day out. And air con in summer.... Bliss lol

Yeah I get what you're saying. If you're spending say 3k a year on a new van though then you save 900 tax and NI so it's still costing you 2100. I'd prefer to have that in the bank. But as I say each to their own. I can see driving around in a decent van would be nice day in day out. And air con in summer.... Bliss lol
Your missing the point, if your earning the money you wouldn't have it in the bank the tax man would have it, and then your gear box goes and your 2100 soon gets chipped at.you have to invest in tools don't you, your vans your best tool, i budget a certain amount every year for new vans.

Your missing the point, if your earning the money you wouldn't have it in the bank the tax man would have it, and then your gear box goes and your 2100 soon gets chipped at.you have to invest in tools don't you, your vans your best tool, i budget a certain amount every year for new vans.
No I get what you're saying. But I bought my van for 1700 5 years ago, and have spent £200 on a new exhaust that whole time. So in the above example of 2100 a year spent on a new van I'm in effect 10k better off

Nice tidy new van is a selling point, as said above, first impressions.

It makes going to work a bit nicer too, it's your mobile office, can't wait for mine to get delivered in a couple of weeks now I've gotten over my initial shock!

Nice van!

My 14 plate Transit Custom went caput last week.. needs a new engine, Ford wanted £7500 to sort it.. I've f*kd it off and ordered a new one on lease, never having a second hand van again! 3 years and as soon as warranty runs out I'll swap it for a new one! Could have shot myself a few days ago, quite excited now though :reloco:
4/5 year van dying?!! Wtf

No I get what you're saying. But I bought my van for 1700 5 years ago, and have spent £200 on a new exhaust that whole time. So in the above example of 2100 a year spent on a new van I'm in effect 10k better off
Are you on the wind up,you genuinely don’t understand where I’m coming from.
If your earning the money you pay a good chunk of tax,
Earn the money pay little tax drive a new van.

Are you in the wind up,
If your earning the money you pay a good chunk of tax,
Earn the money pay little tax drive a new van.
I've already said that yes spending on a new van you save 30% of the expense in paying less tax and NI.... The other 70% is still out of your pocket. Jesus Christ. Drive a new van if you want, I don't want to. Lets move on lol