Vans

Not sure what the fascination of big vans is about.
I've got a fiesta van 65mpg plenty big enough for plastering tools for hardwall/skim
Can get butt, board and stand, mixer, 5ft straight edge/ level etc.
Customer supplies or I get it delivered.
Get a man in if anything needs boarding.
After first day dropping of tools could get to work on E scooter!

Not sure what the fascination of big vans is about.
I've got a fiesta van 65mpg plenty big enough for plastering tools for hardwall/skim
Can get butt, board and stand, mixer, 5ft straight edge/ level etc.
Customer supplies or I get it delivered.
Get a man in if anything needs boarding.
After first day dropping of tools could get to work on E scooter!
Get a man in ? To turn up your trousers ?????
OK ,
I'm in a lwb , hi top, tranny with a little bit of racking and im pushed for space mate . Are you just doing wee domestics mate ?

Don’t get a piss on because he does bigger domestic jobs than you let’s keep it amicable even if you’re van is bigger than his x

Stilts, whisks, hops up, tubs, beads, levels edges and i sections on the right. On the piss so I can lean 8x4s against it. Screws tapes and scratchers on the left. Still plenty of space for the machine, hoses and butts. :cool:
And a machine Jesus excellent composition old chap x

Really 3m beads? I was chatting to a lad today and he’s put a shelf in to slide tools in so that’d help that load through thing being useable when it’s not full of tools or straight edges do they go through the foot well and do you have that little half seat the three seater thing is it useable? Hope you’re doing well mate
I'm all good cheers Dave.
Yep it takes 3m beads no problem. The top half of the main passenger seat folds forward and there's a little door in the bulkhead, so things don't lay in the footwell, they're on the back of the seat.
The third seat is f**k**g tiny and in truth barely useable. My son who is 6ft and slim (can't be mine) has sat in it for short journeys.
Hope that helps mate?

Get a man in ? To turn up your trousers ?????
OK ,
I'm in a hi end tranny with a little big rack and im pushing into their tight space mate . Are you just doing wee domestics mate ?
Ah just as we all suspected.
It's good that you feel you can talk about it and regard this as a safe space (shut up @000).

Site work for 30 yrs then started with small builders and a few domestics and recently been renovating a house.
Little Fiestas a Diamond, needs a bit of planning to get everything in and only take what I need for the day.
Did have a bigger van but it ends up being a mobile shed carrying stuff you never use.
Mate had lwb high top give me a lift one day, had to sit on bags of finish on front seat as the back was full of s**t including year out of date bags!

Site work for 30 yrs then started with small builders and a few domestics and recently been renovating a house.
Little Fiestas a Diamond, needs a bit of planning to get everything in and only take what I need for the day.
Did have a bigger van but it ends up being a mobile shed carrying stuff you never use.
Mate had lwb high top give me a lift one day, had to sit on bags of finish on front seat as the back was full of s**t including year out of date bags!
@John j ??

I'm all good cheers Dave.
Yep it takes 3m beads no problem. The top half of the main passenger seat folds forward and there's a little door in the bulkhead, so things don't lay in the footwell, they're on the back of the seat.
The third seat is f**k**g tiny and in truth barely useable. My son who is 6ft and slim (can't be mine) has sat in it for short journeys.
Hope that helps mate?
It does the job then by the sound of things guess as long as you’re not supplying kit you’re laughing and those little seats crack me up where do his legs go :X3:

It does the job then by the sound of things guess as long as you’re not supplying kit you’re laughing and those little seats crack me up where do his legs go :X3:
To be honest if it's a small job you can get a few 6 x 3 in the back of needed, plus plaster etc. The payload is actually very impressive for a small van and it needs to be with a fat c**t like me driving it.
Most jobs we do the gear is coming straight from the merchants anyway.

To be honest if it's a small job you can get a few 6 x 3 in the back of needed, plus plaster etc. The payload is actually very impressive for a small van and it needs to be with a fat c**t like me driving it.
But do you want the hastle off always emptying it for every small job mate. Plus you'll always forget something if you go that way. Lastly you'll feel like a wee t**t driving it !!!
I'll pay at the larger fuel cost for the convenience of it, all there, all day long mate .

But do you want the hastle off always emptying it for every small job mate. Plus you'll always forget something if you go that way. Lastly you'll feel like a wee t**t driving it !!!
I'll pay at the larger fuel cost for the convenience of it, all there, all day long mate .
I used to run an elwb Vito and even then you couldn't keep everything, for every eventually in it.
A few years ago I decided to only run the one vehicle for everything, work, fishing and just generally getting around and my double cab truck was it. To be honest the truck really wasn't the best for either fishing (apart from the off-road aspect) or for work (pretty small load bay), the Connect does it all really very well.

go to bed ———-

I Bet your boarding jobs with 6x3 when 8x4 is what is needed (
Get a real van

go to bed ———-

I Bet your boarding jobs with 6x3 when 8x4 is what is needed (
Get a real van
I'd just got up then you nugget.
We hardly ever use 6 x 3's but considering quite a few of our jobs will require three or four different types and sizes of board spread over three, four or more pallets I don't really see how a bigger van would help?

I'd just got up then you nugget.
We hardly ever use 6 x 3's but considering quite a few of our jobs will require three or four different types and sizes of board spread over three, four or more pallets I don't really see how a bigger van would help?
Fair du mush
Just you are held to ransom by merchants -/:;)
“@ also you have to be really organised @ that is one thing does not exist with plasterers….

I used to run an elwb Vito and even then you couldn't keep everything, for every eventually in it.
A few years ago I decided to only run the one vehicle for everything, work, fishing and just generally getting around and my double cab truck was it. To be honest the truck really wasn't the best for either fishing (apart from the off-road aspect) or for work (pretty small load bay), the Connect does it all really very well.
How many sheep can you get in the back mate ?

Fair du mush
Just you are held to ransom by merchants -/:;)
“@ also you have to be really organised @ that is one thing does not exist with plasterers….
If you're buying decent quantities of course you're reliant on the merchants, but trust me we get looked after pretty well.

Jewsons mate. Been using them almost exclusively (not small items) for fifteen years or so.
I used to be with them,15 years. Still are to a degree as their two mins for my lock up and well handy. Started with TP a couple of years back though as they would accommodate me buying a pallet and storing for me. I try and give them as much of my business for that reason. You need to build up a good relationship with one to get the best out of deals . (y)

You've got to remember I haven't got a pair of crossed hammers tattooed on my forehead, so probably get treated better than you?
No but you do have a potent smell of fish guts wafting around you though, so you probably remind the staff of their old lady’s snatches?

The clues in the name / Jewsons - sons of Jews.

No but you do have a potent smell of fish guts wafting around you though, so you probably remind the staff of their old lady’s snatches?

The clues in the name / Jewsons - sons of Jews.
As Spit said, it's all about building up a relationship with the merchant. If you walk into any merchants straight off the street the prices will appear crazy expensive compared with what you'll pay as an account customer with a good relationship. I doubt many people pay the prices Jewsons have marked up on the shelf? Same could be said for Travis, MKM etc.