Vans

Members online

spunky

Private Member
How do you guys get on with vans I’m using a connect swb and this is nearly all my kit bar a few bits I don’t need every day
Thinking of buying one soon as you can see I ain’t getting 6 bags of finish in there for a weekend job lol
anyone who’s had smaller vans and went to a bigger one how do you get on with fuel etc

Attachments

• 498F17E5-C1FB-4EF0-AE53-8D129891EC5B.jpeg
    498F17E5-C1FB-4EF0-AE53-8D129891EC5B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
Will be buying a van soon so any input appreciated also anyone have advice about most tax efficient way of buying etc thanks x

Got a vivaro sportive lwb been brilliant on fuel and fast as f**k on motor it can burn off the transits
Been looking at the Nissan nv400 now though it’s the payload 1400 and above I’m after

Got a vivaro sportive lwb been brilliant on fuel and fast as f**k on motor it can burn off the transits
Been looking at the Nissan nv400 now though it’s the payload 1400 and above I’m after
Why do you want to burn off the transits mate ? :inocente:

I’d love to pay cash but need a house too lol so need a deposit
Anyone know the pros and cons of cash v hire purchase, lease, personal loan etc where tax is involved

had a transit connect for years loved it sadly it died so I got a 2019 vaviro lwb with 35 thousand miles on it have it a year and a half now great on diesel I had to change a sensor other than that no problems and loads of space so far can’t fault it

I had Citroën before small van 11 plate. I switched to vivaro 17 plate and I love it. Loads more room, false floor at the back and I can slide around 20 sheets of plasterboard underneath, got a hatch for things that are 3m long. Fuel is pretty much the same, around 35/40 mpg, but I also got a eco mode which is s**t as its really sluggish but you can get around 45/50 mpg out of it. Whatever you do, keep on top of it with servicing etc and it'll last you long time

Loving my transit custom swb so far good on juice and goes like a rocket, and getting the vat back n killing the tax bill a bit was nice .
Also one of my other vans is a fiat Ducato 2.8 turbo diesel had 12yrs and been great n reliable driven all over uk and Europe. But I left it standing for 6 weeks and the b*****d won't start now ! Batteries good n cranks with loads of power but just won't start ? So going through list of stuff to check now, I think it's a fuel problem, filter, pump, water, air etc so I've gotta piss about with it here cos can't move it to mates garage. Annoying cos it always started like a watch. I won't leave it standing long again once I get it going again.

Loving my transit custom swb so far good on juice and goes like a rocket, and getting the vat back n killing the tax bill a bit was nice .
Also one of my other vans is a fiat Ducato 2.8 turbo diesel had 12yrs and been great n reliable driven all over uk and Europe. But I left it standing for 6 weeks and the b*****d won't start now ! Batteries good n cranks with loads of power but just won't start ? So going through list of stuff to check now, I think it's a fuel problem, filter, pump, water, air etc so I've gotta piss about with it here cos can't move it to mates garage. Annoying cos it always started like a watch. I won't leave it standing long again once I get it going again.
My dad had the same problem with his van, tried everything new fuel pump etc sold it and lad that bought it solved it.
Had a oil leak from the sump, if oil is low computer thingy protects and cuts it out.
Fixed weep on sump with that liquid metal stuff for a couple of quid sorted.
Dad was fuming.

How do you guys get on with vans I’m using a connect swb and this is nearly all my kit bar a few bits I don’t need every day
Thinking of buying one soon as you can see I ain’t getting 6 bags of finish in there for a weekend job lol
anyone who’s had smaller vans and went to a bigger one how do you get on with fuel etc
Mwb vw crafter, can stand up in the back. Always bought outright so just lumped it in that year, not really the best way for tax reasons. Had it since near new over 5 year. Best van in the market, decided to keep this till it blows up. It’s being racked out at the minute, finally got round to doing it, custom made one. Can pick them up now 10-12k with 120k on the clock and you won’t lose much on it over 3 years compared to other brands. If I didn’t need one that big I’d get a transporter or Vito.

If it's a lease it don't really matter if something goes wrong it ain't your problem.
If you're parting with your own money to size up transporter or transit the Pedigree Vans

I’d love to pay cash but need a house too lol so need a deposit
Anyone know the pros and cons of cash v hire purchase, lease, personal loan etc where tax is involved

Yes mate. don't do hire purchase, lease or any kind of finance it will cost you dearly. Don't pay cash. Try to find a van from a private seller on Vantrader...preferable no VAT. Pay via bank transfer and get a receipt. The van is 100% tax deductible. So lets say you have a resonable year and earn 60K net profit...and you pay 20K for the van...you claim the van against tax and will only pay tax on 40K. Happy days.

Yes mate. don't do hire purchase, lease or any kind of finance it will cost you dearly. Don't pay cash. Try to find a van from a private seller on Vantrader...preferable no VAT. Pay via bank transfer and get a receipt. The van is 100% tax deductible. So lets say you have a resonable year and earn 60K net profit...and you pay 20K for the van...you claim the van against tax and will only pay tax on 40K. Happy days.
Agree with all of that except the no cash bit mate. Why no cash ? You will get a much better price with the green ready's at hand mate !

Will be buying a van soon so any input appreciated also anyone have advice about most tax efficient way of buying etc thanks x
I'm absolutely loving the lwb Transit Connect mate. It has the load through passenger seat, so even 3m beads, rules etc. aren't a problem. I barely ever use the roof bars.

Really 3m beads? I was chatting to a lad today and he’s put a shelf in to slide tools in so that’d help that load through thing being useable when it’s not full of tools or straight edges do they go through the foot well and do you have that little half seat the three seater thing is it useable? Hope you’re doing well mate

Freed that’s interesting mate a lot are telling me to take a lease cause it’s trouble free motoring and you get 100% against you’re tax leases are expensive though we can all only afford what we can

Do leases give you an option to buy I can’t give a van back when the lease is up it’d be farked :LOL:

Take it back it’s mint hardwall butts in the top right straight edges etc in the over head bit I bet that’s empty when you have all you’re shite in there

Stilts, whisks, hops up, tubs, beads, levels edges and i sections on the right. On the piss so I can lean 8x4s against it. Screws tapes and scratchers on the left. Still plenty of space for the machine, hoses and butts. :cool: