my builder

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Yeah the guideline so what was the guidelines like? Just curious :)
Have a look on the site mate and it tells you...off the top of my head I quoted 400 for one and that was an 8 lead....the reskims were 22 each but they came in at 3k and 2.2k

Why are plasterers going on mybuilder anyway????......
Should be on myplasterer. com(y)....
you know what baddie builders are like:rolleyes:..@Imago
They might need a loft reinforcing for the plasterboard.... And motorbike?

Please try and stay on topic as you may upset some of the more sensitive members .
image.jpeg

These sites are for people who can't find work
They have ruined the trade

Please explain how the trade is ruined ????
As far as I can tell domestic prices are at their highest level

Site money is absolute dog poo but this has nothing to do with these recommended sites

There's sum truth in wat bobbys saying tbf..i don't think you should have to buy a lead etc and its not rite in people stating how much there want to pay for a job wen there havnt got a clue on wat the job entails etc..but then if ur making a tidy profit on it then that's the main plus..but there are for people who struggle to find work

So what's the difference with the old days and putting an ad in the local rag ?? You had to pay for that. And I've said it so many times now but you can't teach the thick " customers do not put what they want to pay for a job "

I don't mean just mybuilder I mean all 3 in checkatrade,ratedpeople etc there all pretty much same format u buy leads..theres not 1 plastering firm in our local checkatrade there have been ringing me for last year trying to get us on saying we literally have no plastering firms on our website in ur area so ud have tons of leads..checked and nearest plastering firm near us on checkatrade I think was Sheffield..if it works for you its only a gud thing to that individual but it ain't my bag

Checkatrade is not buying leads.....

So what's the difference with the old days and putting an ad in the local rag ?? You had to pay for that. And I've said it so many times now but you can't teach the thick " customers do not put what they want to pay for a job "
So is there a guideline of the cost of the job? Why are some leads more expensive than others?

There's sum truth in wat bobbys saying tbf..i don't think you should have to buy a lead etc and its not rite in people stating how much there want to pay for a job wen there havnt got a clue on wat the job entails etc..but then if ur making a tidy profit on it then that's the main plus..but there are for people who struggle to find work

Buying work is a joke
But then I'm a fool!!!

Site money is absolute dog poo but this has nothing to do with these recommended sites
Not down my way it's not
Site prices are decent

Wat rates have u been getting on site? Just because u cant make site work pay dsnt mean there are poo..put it this way we was on £3m2 yestarday boarding started at 7.30 finished at 2.40 and pulled in roughly £520 between 2 of us..and we had half hour break..il stick to my site work thanks

Wat rates have u been getting on site? Just because u cant make site work pay dsnt mean there are poo..put it this way we was on £3m2 yestarday boarding started at 7.30 finished at 2.40 and pulled in roughly £520 between 2 of us..and we had half hour break..il stick to my site work thanks
:crying:
I wish I could get on site.
Walked onto 4 yesterday to ask about work.
3 took my number (bye bye then!) and the other gave me the plastering contractors number...who I rang and they took my number (bye bye then!)
Don't get me wrong...the domestic stuff and builders stuff is coming in...but I want site work!!!!!! It's how I learnt the trade back in the day!

For domestic you have to go with the flow if you haven't got a strong client base or having a slow spell, instead of sitting at home you pay for a lead to quote on a job, you either like it or not. Word of mouth is best, but these days people don't even know their next door neighbour. If you on site and you good you'll probably will be asked to do next site so it's easier life, no hassle from homeowners or constant quoting to keep the work coming in you just turn up to work and do your bit and you go home whenever you want.
By the sound of it domestic is easier on the body, some here chucking on 10 bag gauges to earn a living, err no thanks.
Whichever type of work you do just have to make the best of it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I always said in previous thread's all these sites are for the dreg's of the trade and I think they should be banned and I stick to what I said.

Lodan I'll see you on Tuesday morning

That's good going jus tried work that out and struggled ,no -around 60 sheets of 8x4 's empty houses u can't fault that money

I always said in previous thread's all these sites are for the dreg's of the trade and I think they should be banned and I stick to what I said.

Lodan I'll see you on Tuesday morning

no problem mate, i got loads of buckets that need cleaning:whistle:

Remember I did a thread on it and spent near £100 and fooked it off, winter time we slow down so I use it to try other ways of work.

Took the piss to be honest, paid £13 to drive to the other side of Sheffield at 7:30pm to price a 2 storey extension.

She had had about 4/5 quotes as you can see whose shortlisted on the site.

She text me a week or so later saying they were using their builder to plaster it.

So basically 4/5 local plasterers had all just wasted £13, you then had your 'dud' leads where nobody answered and you still got charged.

£25 to price a render job, no thank you.

Remember I did a thread on it and spent near £100 and fooked it off, winter time we slow down so I use it to try other ways of work.

Took the piss to be honest, paid £13 to drive to the other side of Sheffield at 7:30pm to price a 2 storey extension.

She had had about 4/5 quotes as you can see whose shortlisted on the site.

She text me a week or so later saying they were using their builder to plaster it.

So basically 4/5 local plasterers had all just wasted £13, you then had your 'dud' leads where nobody answered and you still got charged.

£25 to price a render job, no thank you.
Yeah I had a couple of no answers and I think there should be a way for you to request the lead fee be refunded.

Maybe you should of mentioned this in your glowing review ;)
said how much i spent and what jobs i got so obviously didnt get them all, i think with that type of site you will always get timewasters who just want a rough price for reference but dont really want the work done...my point was only that there are genuine customers on there who want the work done and that it could be a valuable tool for others when there work is slowing down.

I have not done site work ( as in new builds ) for 10 plus years, the main reason being I can't stand health and safety rules.

So is there a guideline of the cost of the job? Why are some leads more expensive than others?

It's not based on budgets it's based on info given by customer. For example skim 1 bedroom would attract a lower fee
Render my 3 bed house would attract a higher fee

I get invited to quote on most jobs I go for based on my previous feedback

Domestic and site work are 2 different markets and everyone try's to start comparing the 2.
Site workers mention about not having to pay for leads or be told what they can charge yet if your a subbie your told the prices are X amount per m2 take it or leave it.
I also imagine the very big contractors will pay backhanders of some sort to the guys who can get them the work so in theory that's paying for leads and being told what you'll get one way or another?
In domestic you have to find a lot more jobs to stay busy so you have to adapt and find ways of getting work, joining these sites are a means of broadening your reach to potential clients.
I only use checkatrade so can't speak for the others but that has got me a lot of well priced work and I've never been messed around from a client on there neither been told what I'll be paid.
You have to remember that when all you time served guys started you started at the bottom and found your way up. This is exactly what the rest of us have to do so we use the current methods of doing so.
I told myself I'd leave them once I was busy but I found both checkatrade and the FMB are now key parts of my presence on the web aswell as my website bringing in new customers and jobs. They have become part of my identity for the business, they have helped me expand and contribute to keeping me and my guys in well paid work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not based on budgets it's based on info given by customer. For example skim 1 bedroom would attract a lower fee
Render my 3 bed house would attract a higher fee

I get invited to quote on most jobs I go for based on my previous feedback

Well they not going to off your looks :risas:
image.jpg

Domestic and site work are 2 different markets and everyone try's to start comparing the 2.
Site workers mention about not having to pay for leads or be told what they can charge yet if your a subbie your told the prices are X amount per m2 take it or leave it.
I also imagine the very big contractors will pay backhanders of some sort to the guys who can get them the work so in theory that's paying for leads and being told what you'll get one way or another?
In domestic you have to find a lot more jobs to stay busy so you have to adapt and find ways of getting work, joining these sites are a means of broadening your reach to potential clients.
I only use checkatrade so can't speak for the others but that has got me a lot of well priced work and I've never been messed around from a client on there neither been told what I'll be paid.
You have to remember that when all you time served guys started you started at the bottom and found your way up. This is exactly what the rest of us have to do so we use the current methods of doing so.
I told myself I'd leave them once I was busy but I found both checkatrade and the FMB are now key parts of my presence on the web aswell as my website bringing in new customers and jobs. They have become part of my identity for the business, they have helped me expand and contribute to keeping me and my guys in well paid work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are just cheap :rock: