multi problems (tearing/striping)

Members online

They don’t care mate that’s the problem it’s same s**t everytime when there is a problem cos they know we have no other options they ask for batch numbers but us on here are spread out over country all having same problems so it’s more than a batch
Maybe everyone on here keep giving batch numbers every time at the end of the week or something play em at there own game?

It's all the recycling they have to think about and is normal the product not to be the same. They know that, just playing stupid till the release of a new product

Maybe everyone on here keep giving batch numbers every time at the end of the week or something play em at there own game?
To get a reply in 10 months time to say they have investigated and found no issue with it and the blokes with 30 years experience are doing it wrong

Can I be bothered to go through all this s**t with them, again, f**k no. At the end of the day it's you who will suffer. Get the f**k**g sponge and end of the story. Treat the product as you will render and you are spot on and don't pay attention what the bag says, that's for the lawyers

Can I be bothered to go through all this s**t with them, again, f**k no. At the end of the day it's you who will suffer. Get the f**k**g sponge and end of the story. Treat the product as you will render and you are spot on and don't pay attention what the bag says, that's for the lawyers
Spot on Mate it’s a losing battle as you know they have get outs for get outs moan til the cows come home won’t change a thing

@BritishGypsum....the problem is you want a batch number etc like it's an isolated incident with 1 pallet or a few bags you bought at b and q , the point most are trying to make is that recently all bags you buy are a battle to finish and are inconsistent ... I did an artex room a few days ago over two days with bags bought at sperate times. Walls had thistle bond it on them. 1 finished it 2.10 went like chewing gum almost instantly and rock hard in the bucket after 40 mins....next day 3.15 striped terribly and greasy as anything was still usable in the bucket after over an hout

Hi. Please can you send us a message with your area and contact details?
We'd like to come and see what you see on site so we can get more information on this if possible please.

@BritishGypsum if you look at all the reply's/comments made on Multi recently I would assume you would be able to get a good idea of the problem's Multi is creating ,and as the crow fly's I'am about 370 miles from where @Lodan is located which should relate to it not being an isolated problem with batches, its causing problems all up and down the country

Last edited:
Used multi today on this small ceiling, noticed it was warmer outside even had the door open with the radiator off , fair enough it’s not the best but I did notice it troweling up better than last week , maybe it is the weather?

A4ED7EDD-498C-4F28-AFAA-845B1147374E.jpeg

No sponge either but did have water on second wipe over

its looks a stange colour to me....like cements been added to it mate.
I admit it’s not the best photo ,tbh I’m having a bit of nightmare week with pictures mate , but point was I did have an ok gauge on Sunday, multi too , don’t often use it though

I admit it’s not the best photo ,tbh I’m having a bit of nightmare week with pictures mate , but point was I did have an ok gauge on Sunday, multi too , don’t often use it though

looks good to me....i havnt used multi in a long time.
the stories sound ruthless.
board is touch n go but usually its only the setting times within half hour so not a major problem(y)

This new nelamax trowel is doing the trick for us at the moment, temperature has increased by a few degrees and using the plastic definitely helps. Brilliant trowels.

Used multi today on this small ceiling, noticed it was warmer outside even had the door open with the radiator off , fair enough it’s not the best but I did notice it troweling up better than last week , maybe it is the weather?

View attachment 21737

No sponge either but did have water on second wipe over
Have you got grey finish? I haven’t seen that for years, it’s always that faggy coloured pink stuff now

Had a little repair job today blokes flat was freezing it was warmer out side gear seemed ok but took an age to go off

Have you got grey finish? I haven’t seen that for years, it’s always that faggy coloured pink stuff now
No mate above was just some pink multi, picked it up the other day from Ccf ,fresh pallet there, did have some grey thistle spray before Christmas, used it all up now though, tbh that always took longer to set on colder days too

2EBEA536-F9FD-43C3-8395-D3F11AF2606B.jpeg

Why did you order the pallet of pure finish pete? Genuine question, i really liked the unifinish but not going to keep ordering a pallet although if board and multi dont get any better i might have to.

Why did you order the pallet of pure finish pete? Genuine question, i really liked the unifinish but not going to keep ordering a pallet although if board and multi dont get any better i might have to.
Honestly mate because it’s one of the best , said it before it’s the cleanest, smoothest gear , ok it’s slightly more per bag but pure and spray is basically what everyone is after when they discuss skim imo but they just don’t know it , I don’t mean that in any egoistic way too , I mean I’ve tried them all now and conclude they are the top 2, at £8.50 a bag most who buy there own materials and try them would agree , but the catch is unfortunately it’s pallet order only , it’s just the way it is mate.

I think using a pallet of any gear over lots of different backgrounds is the only real way of testing to know if your gonna like it. Im getting bored of multi and board finish and might order a pallet of pure.

Honestly mate because it’s one of the best , said it before it’s the cleanest, smoothest gear , ok it’s slightly more per bag but pure and spray is basically what everyone is after when they discuss skim imo but they just don’t know it , I don’t mean that in any egoistic way too , I mean I’ve tried them all now and conclude they are the top 2, at £8.50 a bag most who buy there own materials and try them would agree , but the catch is unfortunately it’s pallet order only , it’s just the way it is mate.
Please tell me you're joking about the spray Finish Vincey? Unless that has changed massively since it's release it's nothing like the decent finish plaster I crave.

I think using a pallet of any gear over lots of different backgrounds is the only real way of testing to know if your gonna like it. Im getting bored of multi and board finish and might order a pallet of pure.
I hope you do,it is a ball ache to store a whole pallet tbf but material wise it will be what you are after , that’s best I can say tbh ,
Sorry to bring bg scheme up again but even in the last few weeks I’ve seen at least 10 different members/spreads say exactly the same when using pure finish also chatted to a member on here today who doesn’t post a lot , he said he tried 3/4 bags that he saw at a merchants after we had same conversation about pure , he’s not on scheme but been plasterer for over 20 years and he said it was best gear he’s used too.

Last edited:
Please tell me you're joking about the spray Finish Vincey? Unless that has changed massively since it's release it's nothing like the decent finish plaster I crave.
Sorry mate I disagree, how many bags did you use I seen your post from ages ago and always was dumb struck that you didn’t like it mate ?

Andy just order a pallet of pure forget the spray it’s not worth us discussing tbf , let’s see what you and James report back on here about it

Last edited:
I hope you do,it is a ball ache to store a whole pallet tbf but material wise it will be what you are after , that’s best I can say tbh ,
Sorry to bring bg scheme up again but even in the last few weeks I’ve seen at least 10 different spreads say exactly the same when using pure finish also chatted to a member on here today who doesn’t post a lot , he said he tried 3/4 bags that he saw at a merchants after we had same conversation about pure , he’s not on scheme but been plasterer for over 20 years and he said it was best gear he’s used too.
I wonder if architects are knowledgeable on the range of finishing plasters? Reason I mention is because I work(as a subby) on some really high end new builds for extremely wealthy people but 99% of the time it’s all board and skim , they never spec any of the premium products to be used.

I wonder if architects are knowledgeable on the range of finishing plasters? Reason I mention is because I work(as a subby) on some really high end new builds for extremely wealthy people but 99% of the time it’s all board and skim , they never spec any of the premium products to be used.
Probably not mate tbf but from plasterer to plasterer most say same bout the pure

Some architects though spec some ridiculous stuff, me and @superspread was doing a job in Holland Park and the stuff architect spec was crazy funny thing was they had an interior designer and she knew she was onto a golden goose this chandelier she got them to buy was 50k and i swear could of knocked it up in your back garden, funny thing was they had a polished Plasterer come in and do these fancy finishes we was on stairs one day looking at finish going that’s crap that all this money and they want a crap finish like that thing was woman who owned house was standing behind us as we was slagging it off

I don’t think architects are knowledgable about anything personally, they rely on tradesmen to come up with ways to get around their f**k ups. If you tell them what you want with a house they design what they want