multi peeling off ?!

There's another wack..I'm off now before this thread gets off topic..
Good night Flynny

Unifinish is here to stay weather you like it or not.
See you tomorrow
No doubt

Seems like plasterman may have been with Duane behind flynnys back. Not literally. Well, thinking about it, maybe behind his back

Was it hot wen he skimmed? Was that window open? The rough bit is rite above the window
Not particularly hot here on Saturday. All 3 ceilings were pretty much the same throughout.
No experienced good spread rings there boss up flapping and getting his knickers in a twist wen there ceiling starts to peel on a hot summers day with the window open..clue is in the pic its rite above the window

It was a cold breeze here on Saturday. Every ceiling and even a little sheltered wall and door head he did as a test had the same result. He rang me so I could sort out some decent gear for Monday morning.
Encon took it back no questions asked and didn't seem surprised one bit.
That pic I took is just the best angle to get the most ceiling in the frame. It was the same all over window or no window.

All this bother skimming this is why I'm STICKING..to exterior's from now on with my crew,just need a machine and I'll do it on my own

:eek: So you're going to sack three or four lads just to boost your profits? Cold hearted fascist capitalist b4stard!

Come the revolution you'll be up against the wall with the rest of the oppressors.

30d82acf559fb6e59cca88993d42a1fca024274679e222cc3bf1bed98dd4f928.jpg

To be honest any Plasterer worth his salt as come across this situation and it's harder to get a good finish, but by God he should do better than that, get a sweat on and get it passable, do whatever it takes and if all else fails coat it again. bit of workmanship goes a long way

I had this problem today with some board finish I got from jewson in longeaton. Sorted it in the end but was not a happy chap.

:eek: So you're going to sack three or four lads just to boost your profits? Cold hearted fascist capitalist b4stard!

Come the revolution you'll be up against the wall with the rest of the oppressors.

View attachment 11498
Yep, starting my own strawbale business building them from scratch everything included from floor to roof..:bailando:

Only single storey to start of with see how I get on with them best part with single storey is no upstairs ceilings to board.:birra:

Yep, starting my own strawbale business building them from scratch everything included from floor to roof..:bailando:

Only single storey to start of with see how I get on with them best part with single storey is no upstairs ceilings to board.:birra:
I luv boarding ceilings cud do It all day

Well the best bit of advice I can give (I'd say anyone can give but that'd make me sound like an arrogant c**t. Oh.... ah well :D ) is make sure the bales are bone dry in the centre before they're used. Don't let the top or bottom get when while they're being stored, used, or waiting for cover when built. (y)

the smell is very funny and soon enough you will have the MDD knocking on you door:). That's at the beginning , after that smells like s**t

Never had a chemical lesson just got a few choice Wordsley had a few pallets about a year ago and smelt of detergent stuff hundreds around for ages then flash set
That is exactly what I had on a couple of bags a few weeks ago, you can smell the chemicals in the plaster half way through the set. Also when cleaning out I had loads of white airy bubbles rising.

I must admit I used a bag of skim on a ceiling the other day and it seemed a bit sticky or "gloopy" when I was laying on. It crossed my mind if it had been contaminated or not?

Contaminated with uni finish and skim recycled from G*ld Trowel

What a bullshit thread ffs. It could be anything the skim. The man. I reckon it's the skim if the man has did good work b4. It's easy to sit at home and say it's this it's that. I had a ceiling f**k up yesterday myself no windows on the job. The skim peeling no matter what I did. Got it OK looking in the end I think but f**k me it was hard work me thinking I had an easy day. I used the same skim today on a different job no problem. And this was irish skim.

What a bullshit thread ffs. It could be anything the skim. The man. I reckon it's the skim if the man has did good work b4. It's easy to sit at home and say it's this it's that. I had a ceiling f**k up yesterday myself no windows on the job. The skim peeling no matter what I did. Got it OK looking in the end I think but f**k me it was hard work me thinking I had an easy day. I used the same skim today on a different job no problem. And this was irish skim.
Yup agreed think may head for the pool in a bit :descansando:
image.jpeg
:hola:

The fcuk are you crying about? People would give anything to have the opportunity you have. I mean what more could anyone ask for than a wet/hail/snow/cold bank holiday weekend opposite the brickworks in Aldridge?

Am thinking of buying a place out your way is there good deals to be had.
Bought 2 bed in January I'm doing refurb on €75k about 90k with fees taxes etc. loads places to be found and snapped up bank repossessions new builds that developers lost to banks and peeps just wanting out . Aging expat population when get old go home to die or one goes and the other gets scared and returns to family .
My advice is visit find area you like and what you want ?? To rent out ? Second home? To live in? Mixture of all , do your homework .

Bought 2 bed in January I'm doing refurb on €75k about 90k with fees taxes etc. loads places to be found and snapped up bank repossessions new builds that developers lost to banks and peeps just wanting out . Aging expat population when get old go home to die or one goes and the other gets scared and returns to family .
My advice is visit find area you like and what you want ?? To rent out ? Second home? To live in? Mixture of all , do your homework .
What's the temperature been today ?