Lancaster - plasterer with Bauwer products experience, or similar

Xeres

Hi

I have a large 1860's end terrace which we will be renovating throughout room by room. Walls are stolid stone with original lime plaster which needs extensively renewing throughout the whole house. Lime plaster is proving prohibitively expensive due to the sheer size of the property so looking for alternatives.

I have come across Bauwer products and been reading a bit on the forums (thanks @Bauwer) and am looking for a plasterer with experience in using such products to come and quote for the job. I have attached pictures so you can see the job. Old lime plaster had delaminated throughout hence removed back to brick/stone.

I would be happy to consider alternative breathable plaster products if anyone else wishes to get in touch.

Room is roughly 5m x 4.5m, with wall height to be plastered at 2.3m (skirting to frieze), approximately 36-40m2.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_643e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_643e.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 550
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_644c.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_644c.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 489
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6440.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6440.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 483
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6450.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6450.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 504
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6459.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6459.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 495
Shame you aren't free until mid-jan :( Want this wrapped up before xmas.

Anyone else in the area have availability and interested in working with Bauwer stuff?
Have you seen his work? The bloke is a legend!! If you can live with it for the time being would be so worth the wait

Hi

I have a large 1860's end terrace which we will be renovating throughout room by room. Walls are stolid stone with original lime plaster which needs extensively renewing throughout the whole house. Lime plaster is proving prohibitively expensive due to the sheer size of the property so looking for alternatives.

I have come across Bauwer products and been reading a bit on the forums (thanks @Bauwer) and am looking for a plasterer with experience in using such products to come and quote for the job. I have attached pictures so you can see the job. Old lime plaster had delaminated throughout hence removed back to brick/stone.

I would be happy to consider alternative breathable plaster products if anyone else wishes to get in touch.

Room is roughly 5m x 4.5m, with wall height to be plastered at 2.3m (skirting to frieze), approximately 36-40m2.

Finished this yesterday, booked in theee months ago.
802D1B7A-247C-49A8-A581-3D15F87A0A4E.jpeg
F74BBE33-DE63-4861-B369-C7A54F9BDAE1.jpeg
2497DA5E-6E7C-459D-8BF7-602844388B5B.jpeg
ED16EFD5-6DF8-451F-801B-EA84CE6362E2.jpeg

Hi

I think bauwer will be more expensive

96BE1F38-64E5-4E38-8E65-56BDFBAA73C9.jpeg
B0A6B850-5CAA-4D70-BE6E-5C1ABFAD7816.jpeg

So - an update! Sorry for the rather long time it’s taken to reply...

I had a second child and renovated another property we picked up locally so this work got parked for bloody ages.

Still working on it as you can see but broadly there - original skirting is stripped and refinished ready to go back on once I’ve finished floor sanding. Sash windows have been fully stripped, spliced and repaired and working.

Had a change of heart in terms of finish after @pftmonojetman did the room a few months back - we decided we wanted a bit more of a grander finish. So we got him back to plaster up the quoins and around a revised fireplace area. I hope everyone can agree that was a good call.

Realy happy with @pftmonojetman - Not just a lovely guy, enthusiastic about his trade but an artisan plasterer. His comfort working with the materials , gauging by feel as the situation demands it and not by formulaic recipe is testament to his skill. We ended up reskimming the quoin walls rather than patch and I was worried about losing the picture rail detail. I needn’t have. In fact, no detail has been lost across the whole room. And I came back to a clean room at the end of the job - couldn’t ask for more.

Looking forward to you working on our lounge/kitchen knock thru next @pftmonojetman ...

Attachments

• E41DCAB8-8C82-4658-9709-1905B728C4CF.jpeg
    E41DCAB8-8C82-4658-9709-1905B728C4CF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 443
I think bauwer will be more expensive

That’s not what I found on my travels for this job, but I undertake a large part of the prep work. We ended up doing wood wool/lime solo on this job with me doing all dry fix work, @pftmonojetman doing all wet work. Overall cost was ~60% of three coat lime. Bauwer pricing came out to be the same as wood wool/lime solo but I decided to go with a known quantity first - Bauwer will be on our next room.

That’s not what I found on my travels for this job, but I undertake a large part of the prep work. We ended up doing wood wool/lime solo on this job with me doing all dry fix work, @pftmonojetman doing all wet work. Overall cost was ~60% of three coat lime. Bauwer pricing came out to be the same as wood wool/lime solo but I decided to go with a known quantity first - Bauwer will be on our next room.

@pftmonojetman knows his game (y) (y)

View attachment 47826View attachment 47827

I had a second child and renovated another property we picked up locally so this work got parked for bloody ages.

Still working on it as you can see but broadly there - original skirting is stripped and refinished ready to go back on once I’ve finished floor sanding. Sash windows have been fully stripped, spliced and repaired and working.

Had a change of heart in terms of finish after @pftmonojetman did the room a few months back - we decided we wanted a bit more of a grander finish. So we got him back to plaster up the quoins and around a revised fireplace area. I hope everyone can agree that was a good call.

Realy happy with @pftmonojetman - Not just a lovely guy, enthusiastic about his trade but an artisan plasterer. His comfort working with the materials , gauging by feel as the situation demands it and not by formulaic recipe is testament to his skill. We ended up reskimming the quoin walls rather than patch and I was worried about losing the picture rail detail. I needn’t have. In fact, no detail has been lost across the whole room. And I came back to a clean room at the end of the job - couldn’t ask for more.

Looking forward to you working on our lounge/kitchen knock thru next @pftmonojetman ...

Think you made the right decision losing the Quoins, given the period of the property. Good to experiment though. Nice to see quality work done in a lovely house.

View attachment 47826View attachment 47827

Cheers Bo

I just wondered if Bauwer and Vimark and still active in the UK, their Facebook pages are out of date. We used their products previously and was thinking of again.