Getting out of the trade

Members online

No members online now.
I was having this conversation with a joiner yesterday, trades seem to be dying out round here. Most customers are grateful Iv turned up to price work never mind carry it out.
Recently Iv pushing prices up and up as I’m stacked out, not had a single 1 turn me down.
I think there’s a lack of new blood coming into the building trade, a load of shite have-a-go’s that decided that walked in the pub a shelf stacker and walked out a builder. These all seem to be getting found out and going back to aldi now
Prices of materials going up has put a stop to numpties trying to do it their selfs
What’s left is the hard working good quality tradesmen, lucky me I’m right place right time

Yes it’s hard work, I’m 37 and yes I wake up with aches and pains, and I’m fit don’t smoke, don’t binge drink just the odd few a weekend. It’s a physically demanding job but that’s part of the reason I enjoy it

If your not taking it in at the moment your living in a bad area, or not marketing yourself properly, or your work is sub standard but everyone on here is gods gift to plastering so can’t see that being the case

I think we'll end up with the tape and mud then sanding method - low skill set, quick to do and quick to dry/move on with the build/decorating.
External rendering will carry on a bit but even then - factory made house panels and Huff style with factory applied finishes is likely to catch on more.