Fixing rendering beads with plasterboard adhesive

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple of people do this now. Using Plasterboard adhesive externally to fix beads, they go on a dream. Is it a big no no? What are the risks once its all rendered up? Could the beads pop off?

x

they would come back off once the frost.gets at them.

I've beaded with dab adhesive in the middle of winter and it hasnt budged that is my personnel experience I have seen with my own eyes, when did the dabs fall off that you seen Jamie?

If all of You hate it that much, obviously you've never done it, so how do you know it failed?

Wet beads, wet Walls, poor key, poor application, s**t beads, all reasons why any product could fail not just dab adhesive

Using a internal product for the outside you lot must be mad so do it properly if I caught any of my boys doing this there down the road

I've beaded with dab adhesive in the middle of winter and it hasnt budged that is my personnel experience I have seen with my own eyes, when did the dabs fall off that you seen Jamie?

no i would not do it.the same way i would not use hardwall or browning to stick internal beads on.its just not how its done
but if thats how you do it then fair doos mate carry on.

Keith job I'm on there's a stop bead running horizontally and vertically of each corner of the window, plus others between these beads, it's part brick lower half where the drip of the block meets the brick there's already a 15-30mm step then the full depth of the drip bead is instructed to be shown over this so the edge of the bead will be at 40mm The block work is absolutely shocking I'm sure you know yourself if you don't line up beads perfect with mono it goes brittle cracks and there's not a lot you can do especially on a next day scrape You can't run a horizontal bead at 30mm, stops not just bell casts and get them to sit still if you dab them with krend and in the current climate no one will pay for hpx to stick beads, I don't trust OCR I've seen beads fail just with a slight tap it goes dustier than mono, nails are out obviously We've used 10mm beads because the feature between the brick and the block is supposed to be flush with the stops this is how bad the blockwork is it's 25mm plus out in places, no dubbing out rates and we were on the job a week before they were threatening with dropping the scaffold and the firm I'm on for incurring charges, do you really think anyone gives a fart lately anyway about if it falls off or not :RpS_lol:

ive never used dab for external beads but as i said ive seen people use it and the beads are still on to this day and that was a few years ago, so im not opposed to doin it myself if the need be, and as people have pointed out once its coated up hows anything goin to get to it to ruin it

no i would not do it.the same way i would not use hardwall or browning to stick internal beads on.its just not how its done

why couldnt you stick an internal bead with hardwall?

BG actually say to fix beads with the product that is going to be used to plaster the walls.
I've never seen external beads fixed with drywall adhesive but I do know of a house where the guys were fixing the beads externally with Thistle Board Finish and the beads and render are still there just fine twenty odd years on.

I saw some lads beading for a mono job last week with dab adhesive. Plastic beads they flew on.

Yes this is the problem especially on refurb although I rendered a new build couple of weeks back and the blockwork was shocking.

Tbh I've seen 2 jobs within a year local to me where they've stuck em up with finish and they've failed badly months later.

Im gonna take a pic 2morro where couple of poles are bonding and skimming outside for an Asian builder. For some reason I can't upload so I'll send them to Nisus who didn't do the bonding, honest

bonding and skimming outside haha this i cnt wait to see.
i can see beads failing with skim externaly but surley dab is different for a starters internally they have completly different uses anyway

I might be being stoopid....I'm gonna try this tomorrow (weather permitting)...got a semi to mono so I'm goin to prep up using dabs. I'll probably add some sand and cement to the adhesive tho.

Tbh I've seen 2 jobs within a year local to me where they've stuck em up with finish and they've failed badly months later.

Im gonna take a pic 2morro where couple of poles are bonding and skimming outside for an Asian builder. For some reason I can't upload so I'll send them to Nisus who didn't do the bonding, honest

They wouldn't let me take pics ot the back of the building (it's not dry yet lol) but itook a pic of the entrance of the front and sent it to nisus to upload (feckin iPad)

Ive also got dramatic pics of rising damp invading Wolverha... Sorry london :RpS_scared:

Heres Eddies pic he emailed me:
:RpS_laugh:

photo-1637.jpg

F*ck using bonding compound it's dear as f*ck I would rather butter em up with sand and cement if there falling off just wack a few 4" nails in a couple of places to pin it and take em out the next day works a treat even on mono only trouble is it can be a 2 man job. But to be honest I think its also wrong my mate reckons its fine but I am skeptical about it, I think this debate came up on here before and some one said gripfill was good for sticking beads.

I can get you his number, he's got a nice van and Subbs off Asian builders. Singh labourers are £20 each for the day. You have to take two. I did a job for a pak1 recently who uses them cos they're cheap and if he asks them can u do chippy,bricky, tiling work etc when they say yes and you let them into your van, you are bound by their law to pay them even tho they haven't got a clue

Ive got another pic for slimy Steve, pak1s damp proofing pics I've taken myself

Status
Not open for further replies.