Fixing rendering beads with plasterboard adhesive

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
I've seen a couple of people do this now. Using Plasterboard adhesive externally to fix beads, they go on a dream. Is it a big no no? What are the risks once its all rendered up? Could the beads pop off?

x

I dont think it's a good idea using internal plaster externally. Even under the render it will soak up moisture and possibly rot/blow.

I've seen a couple of people do this now. Using Plasterboard adhesive externally to fix beads, they go on a dream. Is it a big no no? What are the risks once its all rendered up? Could the beads pop off?

x

because its piss poor practice.
just use some odd bags of mono left from jobs,

Adhesives mint you can stick any bead any depth or angle you need to, just tell the supervisors it's hpx :RpS_lol:

I agree with the above . would the s&c react to the adhesive and cause it to fail where the dabs are . this just sounds like another short cut rather than doing the job correctly ,just bed the beads on with s&c like normal its not hard to do and will get no come backs .

Av done it before and after a while the metal stop beads i used came away from the wall so never done it again. agree its easier to stick them with dab but it anint worth the come back. It was my own back yard i did it on so i wasnt too arsed......school boy error though.

it rot and brake down you get patches blowing where you used it ,do it the right way it the only way

i would not even consider using plasterboard adhesive freed, only a matter of time before it blows,then you have major hassle. only one way sand and cement,peace of mind,dont do it freed. all best hector.

i think the the words rising damp should be censored just like f,uck is :RpS_thumbsup:

this is goion to be one of those threads isnt it haha.
ive not personally done it before just bed on with s/c as ive never used mono before i cnt comment on that, ive seen people use dab before and said about it but they said the same as blones and its not fallen off yet

Same here the parex rep gave my old boss a nudge and said just use dab adhesive everyone else is

anyone using adhesive outsite does`nt give a fcuk about there work.ya its good to stick up beads short term but it won`t last long term.spunky swear`s by it by the sounds of it.proper good plasterer u r mate!!

Its not going to fall of if they are dabbed on as the render coat will hold them on it whether in time there is any reaction between the two materials.

anyone using adhesive outsite does`nt give a fcuk about there work.ya its good to stick up beads short term but it won`t last long term.spunky swear`s by it by the sounds of it.proper good plasterer u r mate!!

You will never now just how good I am my love x

Bobby when did you use dab adhesive and the beads fell off?.......or are you another knob who hasn't any experience of it failing just jumping to assumptions, same as some of the other skimmers on here who think one coatings wrong.....truth is I bet 90 percent of you cocks on here don't know youre all just desperate to try and make out you know what you're talking about.....wankers :RpS_lol:

I agree with spunky.dab great to use, rising damp!? Wouldnt u use it internaly then incase damp gets in?
If it can hold 45kg board im sure a pound of bead wont hurt

I guess it could break down behind the render leaving a hollow, passage for water, but this would probably take many years. I've only ever seen guys doing it with mono on refurb work. Can't see a reaction between materials, although I see your point lucius. If the parex rep is saying its ok does make you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.