Evolution of Scrim Tape

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Had a few samples sent through today to try , will post up a review next week as I'm off this weekend, suppose to be the highest of tack hopefully this is the breakthrough in scrim tape the trade has been crying out for , for years, will be testing it for stickyness and ability not to friar

IMG_9882.JPG
IMG_9883.JPG

I just know that @flynnyman loves the colour already :chica:

Ping a few staples in your scrim and it never comes down overnight but I hate it when it frays and peels off the edge.

To be honest most scrims I use these days stay up over night, often do it and never really come down. The fraying annoys me more then anything. Looks like good quality but not really ground breaking.

Always made me laugh when I got skrim that did not stick, I always had a vision of a load of factory workers making it and saying "but it doesn't stick?" And the owner saying "a f**k it". It was brought in about 1992/4 if my memory is correct and it's whole selling point was it sticks, for f**k sake you had one job. It's a case of taking short cuts at the most important bit and buying cheap glue to save pennies lol it is not a lot to ask for ffs

1992 2002 2012 , so basically for 27 years plasterers have been waiting for this tape if it works and passes the tests , talk about piling the pressure on , roll on Monday,I can't wait

1992 2002 2012 , so basically for 27 years plasterers have been waiting for this tape if it works and passes the tests , talk about piling the pressure on , roll on Monday,I can't wait
Here we go, adding another two years ffs I thought 25 would be enough so save the bullshit for when you've tried it ;)

Our fate rests in your hands.Like that film Armegdon.

IMG_0131.JPG
Forgot to update,first test passed, it didn't fray so far and stuck to old dry crap surface, still to try overnight test on boards . Will keep you posted :chica:
So far, So good
The future is bright, the future maybe Pink :p

How do you mean 'cut the edge' mate?

A picture would do a much better job explaining it. Do a couple cuts on each side and you won't have to worry about it anymore. You're just trying to cut the last string or 2 on the outside edge. Even if it starts to pull off it'll only go about 4 inches and stop.

20170925_181449.jpg

Used this pink scrim today and it is good quality. Best one on the market is British gypsum extreme orange but about £7 a roll in tradepoint.

Anyone else notice that if you turn Vincey's ceiling photo on its side it looks like being on the wrong side of a glory hole and a customer is waiting....:whistle: