Duraflex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt carbon steel, not everyone's cup of tea but a fantastic trowel to finish skimming when worn in.

There's a big market for anything that'll make this god forsaken job even just a little bit easier.
I'm in the process of making my own super duper flex. If it works it would have cost me £5.

Why the f**k we need more than one trowel to skim a wall I never know the only reason I need another is my Nela is taking a life time to break in. Got to admit who ever thought of bringing out three trowels for the one job is a genius and who ever said "they will never take that in?" Is looking for a new job.

Reactions: Pug
I'm with flynnyman on this. I've got 2 13" Marshalltowns. One for skimming and one I'm breaking in on sand and cement if I ever drop the skimming one. My spare money goes on fun not tools.

£2.99 towels from bms leave top class finish.although they are a bit on expensive side.:)

Oh dear I am sorry to hear :( now you have that awful dilemma "do I buy 3 trowels for the same job and which 3 trowels do I buy?"

I see where you are coming from @flynnyman and agree to a certain extent. Lots of tools for one job.

At the same time, they have been designed to make your job easier - surely thats worth it in the long run?

I see where you are coming from @flynnyman and agree to a certain extent. Lots of tools for one job.

At the same time, they have been designed to make your job easier - surely thats worth it in the long run?
why do they make it easier? I've heard it's not as hard on your wrist but that's all down to technique and timing, I think the plastic are a complete waste of time unless you want to impress the client with the shine but they won't be that impressed when they paint it. :D

Last edited:
Same reason I bought a whisk I know I can achieve the same finish with a stick but a fool and his money and all that.....
Not really a good comparison, I remember when I first started I thought one of the guys who trained me had the best trowel in the world and wanted it, but I soon learnt he had the best technique in the world :)

There are better for your fingers,wrist and shoulder flynny I had trapped tendons in my fingers went to hospice was diagnosed started using s*p*r*lex 2 year ago and not 1 jot of pain and the pain was so bad I contemplated jacking plastering in it was that bad

There are better for your fingers,wrist and shoulder flynny I had trapped tendons in my fingers went to hospice was diagnosed started using s*p*r*lex 2 year ago and not 1 jot of pain and the pain was so bad I contemplated jacking plastering in it was that bad
I would like to believe it was down to a trowel but sorry, it seems a bit far fetched and if they were to go with these finding as an advertising ploy it wouldn't look out of place with some of the other claims these new tools make lol

I would like to believe it was down to a trowel but sorry, it seems a bit far fetched and if they were to go with these finding as an advertising ploy it wouldn't look out of place with some of the other claims these new tools make lol
I c it as less pressure you need to apply saves wear and tear on ur joints etc ur rite tho there don't actually use the fact it saves wear and tear on ur joints in advertising which there are missing a trick there just state it leaves a nice finish and saves time on gages etc..I think

I c it as less pressure you need to apply saves wear and tear on ur joints etc ur rite tho there don't actually use the fact it saves wear and tear on ur joints in advertising which there are missing a trick there just state it leaves a nice finish and saves time on gages etc..I think
To be fair they would get a new arse torn if they made claims like that lol I use a 20" trowel and have done for the last ten years and I was told it would put more strain on the joints you mentioned but my arguement is I do less trowels on the wall so there is my saving :)

We do promote it saying it reduces the wear and tear on a spread. We are firm believers in this. 95% of the reviews we state actually say the same

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 08.25.14.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 08.29.53.png

So if I post up its making my job harder and hurts my back will you take that as fact? What a load of bollox lol
@Plasterers1StopShop @flynnyman i wrote the review for Ryan & his page , not for any reward , only to help others that may of been in a position like me after years of use my shoulders are buggered - internally they have helped me to carry on the job I love - you don't have to buy one nor use one . I thought when I wrote it , if it helps one person & they try it out I'm happy Ryan's reviews come from spreads with many years experience me (1988) id take the reviews as face value

So if I post up its making my job harder and hurts my back will you take that as fact? What a load of bollox lol

There isn't just one off posts regarding this, but hundreds. The reviews support the argument quite considerably. It isn't something that has been made up.

Reducing the pressure or force your body has to give is proven to reduce the wear and tear on your body - Scientifically

If you stated that I would like to know the reasons behind that and what makes you think the product would do that..

Therefore I would agree with your last comment before the 'lol' about your statement

A test may be a idea ? i don't know how but there must be a way to show scientifically it reduces fatigue ?

Something that will be very hard to do. The best thing are the reviews from the end user stating the facts.

Im sure I could work out a way of making a fair test but there would always be the doubters

I going to order one ...get what ya saying..wack phoned me Thursday for the beads deal with a duraflex thrown in

I got same deal that 99.00 deal basically free trowel no brainer...mine came today just look's like a normal trowel to me...Say's durafex on it etc though...can't really see it working any different tbh its probably going to be nearer to a carbon trowet minus the rust I recon than a flexi etc...

There again I haven't got a flexi so who knowd

Flynny, it makes life easier and that's a fact.
We can't all be wrong and you right..... Could we??
Bearing in mind (it sounds) like you haven't even used one?
Tell you another bonus, used a 14 inch one this week where walls were all over the place on a re skim. An absolute blessing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Constantly trowling up with my 18" mt extralite hurts my elbow that's a fact.☺
Finishing with speedskim/s*p*r*lex doesn't fact.☺
The only conclusion I can draw is that the s*p*r*lex/speedskim require less effort.
Now let it go Flynny your worse than my missus and she's a proper argumentative cunnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.